Desert Island VII, Superthread - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-01-2008, 11:14 PM   #136
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I'm still half-asleep and read this as "Trainspod" and thought "awesoooome".
you sick fuck, how are you.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 11:15 PM   #137
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
BIMM, you made it!

Got to confess I don't even know what an iTrip is. Sad, I'm sure.
Trust me, you're not missing anything.
__________________

__________________
phanan is online now  
Old 07-01-2008, 11:15 PM   #138
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,700
Local Time: 07:52 AM
Okay, I just made the connection that the earlier references to BIMM .. it's BonoIsMyMuse.

D'oh. Slow much, Alicia?
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 11:16 PM   #139
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Okay, I just made the connection that the earlier references to BIMM .. it's BonoIsMyMuse.

D'oh. Slow much, Alicia?


Remember, the other one is Ian, not Liam.
__________________
phanan is online now  
Old 07-01-2008, 11:16 PM   #140
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,700
Local Time: 07:52 AM
I'm never going to live that down.
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 11:17 PM   #141
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BonoIsMyMuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 5,241
Local Time: 10:52 AM
__________________
BonoIsMyMuse is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 11:17 PM   #142
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
hardyharhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Out Californy-way
Posts: 8,403
Local Time: 08:52 AM
I still have a brand new Concord car cassette player in the closet. Never got around to installing it. It's a real nice one too
__________________
hardyharhar is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 11:19 PM   #143
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardyharhar View Post
I still have a brand new Concord car cassette player in the closet. Never got around to installing it. It's a real nice one too
Sell it on eBay before all the Concordes go away.
__________________
phanan is online now  
Old 07-01-2008, 11:19 PM   #144
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,010
Local Time: 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
Trust me, you're not missing anything.
Except for, it seems, a madhouse.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 11:20 PM   #145
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Except for, it seems, a madhouse.
Yes, it was quite hectic there for a while. I hope that while not everyone is in agreement, that this has been put to rest for now.

And with that, I am off to sleep.
__________________
phanan is online now  
Old 07-01-2008, 11:21 PM   #146
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
hardyharhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Out Californy-way
Posts: 8,403
Local Time: 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
Sell it on eBay before all the Concordes go away.
Not a bad idea at that








__________________
hardyharhar is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 11:21 PM   #147
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
Holy Mother of....

Do you not see the cycle that you're in? People mock you, and you sit there and take it because "you see the good in people". Perhaps if you stood up for yourself once in a while, people would RESPECT you more, because honestly, RESPECT is earned, not given. Similarly, if you would admit you're wrong once in a while instead of saying everyone else is wrong, you would earn RESPECT this way as well.

Perhaps if you try hard to break this cycle, you'd find people less cruel towards you.Gawd.
I can't stand up for myself because honestly I don't want to lose my friends here. I mean I'd rather feel like crap from being made fun of than feel alone.

Certain things I am just not wrong about. Call arrogant or whatever for saying that. I'm used to it.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 11:22 PM   #148
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 09:52 AM
You wouldn't lose friends for sticking up for yourself, trust me on that.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 11:25 PM   #149
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
I agree that sometimes you don't get treated very well, and I don't like it. But you have to admit that you come off as abrasive in your opinions sometimes. When you don't agree with someone, you need to listen to what they say and respect their thoughts, and if you do that in your replies, they will respect your views more. They won't necessarily agree with you, but they will respect your position. I know you have previously said that it is something you are working on, and I encourage you to continue to do so. It will help you in the long run.

I know you are a good person and mean well.
The problem is when people disagree they won't respect my views no matter what I say. I feel like everyone here wants me to be submissive and not express my opinions.

If you don't like how I am treated at times, why have you never said anything? All I hear from people is that I deserve to be made fun of. No one has ever stood up and said enough.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 07-01-2008, 11:27 PM   #150
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,661
Local Time: 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
I can't stand up for myself because honestly I don't want to lose my friends here. I mean I'd rather feel like crap from being made fun of than feel alone.
Then be ready for a lifetime of hurt, with this attitude. Honestly, I have never lost a friend because I stood up for myself. In fact, in most cases, the friendship was solidified because they gained respect for me. I am not anyone's punching bag (except April, but that's in a different context ) and people should know where the line is and that there's consequences once that line is crossed.


Quote:
Certain things I am just not wrong about. Call arrogant or whatever for saying that. I'm used to it.
No comment.
__________________

__________________

BoMac is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com