Desert Island VI Album Game: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to cry...this is the second one in a row i've missed:sad: Still looking forward to what people produce though:hyper:

I'm still not convinced we need to abandon random groups, but phanan's system is as acceptable an alternative as there's going to be.

I think a group of death adds something, honestly.

I'm still not convinced we need to abandon random groups, but phanan's system is as acceptable an alternative as there's going to be.

I think a group of death adds something, honestly.

I thought doing it random was fine, but this is a good compromise. I think the groups will turn out well in the end.

And with LJT, we now have four other people interested. I'll wait and see if anyone drops out, because it usually happens, but if the closer we get to May 1 without anyone bailing, I just might entertain expanding this to 24.

And with LJT, we now have four other people interested. I'll wait and see if anyone drops out, because it usually happens, but if the closer we get to May 1 without anyone bailing, I just might entertain expanding this to 24.

If that happens, we'll need a bit of extra time to listen to those 4 extra lists.

Come on lucky 24:hyper:

I can do these things pretty quickly i've got playlists in waiting...

It's not definite yet; we'll see. But if you've already begun to listen, and I see you have, you shouldn't have any problem. Even when the master list goes out after May 1, I won't start the actual competition for a few weeks after that.

We're in no rush. Tour doesn't start until the end of June. :wink:

It's not definite yet; we'll see. But if you've already begun to listen, and I see you have, you shouldn't have any problem. Even when the master list goes out after May 1, I won't start the actual competition for a few weeks after that.

We're in no rush. Tour doesn't start until the end of June. :wink:

I'm gonna try to get a list a day done but I could never do more than that. I'm not sure how my exams will get in the way yet and then I go away on holiday...still I'll try to get them done

I'm gonna try to get a list a day done but I could never do more than that. I'm not sure how my exams will get in the way yet and then I go away on holiday...still I'll try to get them done

You can extend your time even more once the schedule comes out and you can listen in order so that you have more time for people competing later in the first round.

I thought doing it random was fine, but this is a good compromise. I think the groups will turn out well in the end.

I just hope it doesn't work out the way it does in the Rugby World Cup, where the groups are seeded and you inevitably end up with a couple of obvious winners and then some also-rans who have no chance. It's boring.

But hey, at least this way you could manufacture a group with both Ian and Khan in it. A Kheen clash would be classic.

LemonMelon, you just sent me a PM. I am no longer a Premium Member since a month ago. Could you please e-mail me the PM at: zebra fun 7 @ hotmail . com

Thanks.

My list is just about done! HOLLA!

And, yes, the rumors that you've been hearing are true. I am, in fact, using the epic U2 track Mothers of the Disappeared. The greatest album closer of all times. So have your kleenex ready for when you listen to that shit.

Feel free to PM any completed lists to me, so I can download for myself & hardyharhar. He's still tweaking his :happy: I've got LMPs list so far...

Feel free to PM any completed lists to me, so I can download for myself & hardyharhar. He's still tweaking his :happy: I've got LMPs list so far...

I sent mine to you. :up:

P.S. Phanan, It would be super awesome if the game was expanded to 24. :shifty:

Lila, what's your e-mail address? I am no longer a Permium Member. I would like to e-mail you my list when I am done to see if you please zip the indiviual files to one folder. I am almost done.

Thanks.

I'd say by next Monday, if nobody has dropped out yet (and I have confirmation that nobody will), I'll tentatively plan for a group of 24.

I'm going to have to drop out. Sorry. I am swamped with work stuff and don't think I'll have enough time to get playlists made and uploaded by next week. :(

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

This means that Joey788 has the final spot for now, pending his confirmation that he wants it.

I've received ten playlists so far, which is fantastic. They are:

KhanadaRhodes
phillyfan26
LemonMacPhisto
Mr. V
Irishteen
gump
AtomicBono
the tourist
LemonMelon
bono_212

Half the field. Impressive.

I'll probably send out reminders to everyone else, to gauge if we have more dropouts coming. Updates will be provided here.

And for those not aware, keep in mind that players are sharing their playlists right away to get some listening in. That usually is discussed in our other thread located in OOC:

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...running-diary-thread-for-the-cure-196665.html

It's a good way to get a jump on some playlists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom