Desert Island Part Deux?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the deadline submission date? And what are the official rules for submission? I'm not worried about mechanics of the competition, that's up to the 3 leads LMP, Ax and Screwtape.

And sorry, one more lame question . . . how/where do I upload. I've never done this before, but I would like to compete.

Thanks for running this guys. :wink:

The best way to upload is to create a account and store your songs on Save File.

It's free and as long as it stays active it will last for the duration of the contest.

Last edited:
FitzChivalry said:
So what's the deadline submission date? And what are the official rules for submission?

Deadline is 31 January 2007. The official rules will be posted in a new thread which will hopefully be made later today.

I'm almost ready to go with the thread. We just need to decide whether tracklistings will be chosen by random selection or allocated by genre for the qualifying round. The questionaire by which we will group tracks will have to be included in that master post, so that's why we need to decide it now.

And sorry, one more lame question . . . how/where do I upload. I've never done this before, but I would like to compete.

Well, uploading firstly isn't an absolute requirement - but allowing people to hear the songs obviously helps your chances of winning. Last time, I think we determined "save file.com" (remove the space) is the best.

Though it would be more difficult for the organizers, I like Screwtape's idea for competing, this way contestants are compared (as near as possible, as can be done in such a competition) apples to apples, as opposed to something like lastime with a Killers/Coldplay heavy set going up against a Metallica/Sabbath kind of set.

Obviously, no contestant's set will fit neatly into any category, but some sort of categorization will at least make for a somewhat more fair mano y mano competition, thereby ensuring that middleweights and heavyweights aren't going up against each other in the initial rounds.

Just my $ .02

FitzChivalry said:
Though it would be more difficult for the organizers, I like Screwtape's idea for competing, this way contestants are compared (as near as possible, as can be done in such a competition) apples to apples, as opposed to something like lastime with a Killers/Coldplay heavy set going up against a Metallica/Sabbath kind of set.

Obviously, no contestant's set will fit neatly into any category, but some sort of categorization will at least make for a somewhat more fair mano y mano competition, thereby ensuring that middleweights and heavyweights aren't going up against each other in the initial rounds.

Just my $ .02

Right, I was neutral, but you've swayed me. :up:

So let's make sure I've got this right:

Qualifying is six groups of four tracklistings. This will be an attempt to compare "apples to apples" and get the best apple into the tournament, so that when we do have our "apples vs oranges" round, we're competing with an orange that is more than just nasty pith and a nice, crispy apple rather than one full of worms. Random seeding will be employed to match up the sixteen fruits that get past the qualifying and repechage rounds and make the tournament.

To determine which tracklistings should face each other, shall we use the proposed questions Screwtape posted earlier? They are:

What are the main three genres represented?
What is the overall mood, if any?
Is most of the playlist: loud, soft or in between?
What five adjectives would best describe the playlist?

Would it be asking too much to get people to send to all three of us? Last time around, it got a little confusing for Liam and I when only one of us got a tracklisting, especially because a few people didn't use e-mail at all, but PMed their tracklistings to me here on Interference.

Screwtape2 said:
The only other question you could ask is if they have anything else to add about their playlist.

Yeah, people can do a paragraph like they did last time.

So what we need this time around:
1. Tracklisting correctly formatted.
2. Answers to Screwtape's questions.
3. Optional but highly advised upload links.
4. Optional paragraph elaborating on the compilation.

So are we ready to go?

I think so. We don't want to adjust any of your questions?

I think I shall participate, since I really enjoyed this last time (all be it as a bystander). I'll post again soon once I've compliled my list (if there's any room left for competitors, that is).

Are we allowed to use music from scores?

Last edited:
beau2ifulday said:
Are we allowed to use music from scores?

Use whatever you like as long as it has been officially released in some capacity. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom