Desert Island IV Album Game: Quarterfinal, Match 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for the playlist you like the most.

• PlaTheGreat/the rockin edge

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Screwtape2

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

phanan

Blue Crack Addict
Please vote for the tracklisting you LIKE THE MOST.

Welcome to the third Quarterfinal match of the Interference Desert Island Game IV! The premise of this game is that all of the Interferencers have been stranded on a desert island and we can only take up to 160 minutes of music with us (either as a continuous iPod playlist or two 80 minute CDs or any other format of our choosing). The object is to see which forum member can fit the most musical goodness into these 160 minutes.

Match 3 of the quarterfinals features PlaTheGreat/the rockin edge and Screwtape2. Below are their playlists.

If you don't know the songs, or wish to hear how each tracklisting flows, feel free to check out the Desert Island website. :)

Forum name: PlaTheGreat/the rockin edge

Entrez
1. U2 – “The Unforgettable Fire” – The Unforgettable Fire (4:55)
2. Snow Patrol – “Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking” – Final Straw (4:34)
3. Oasis – “Little by Little” – Heathen Chemistry (4:06)
4. The Verve – “Bittersweet Symphony” – Urban Hymns (5:54)

Gratuit Esprit
5. Smashing Pumpkins – “Mayonnaise” – Siamese Dream (5:49)
6. The Police – “King of Pain” – Synchronicity (4:59)
7. Marvin Gaye – “Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)” – What’s Going On (3:18)
8. George Harrison – “Give Me Love (Give Me Peace on Earth) – Living in the Material World (3:35)
9. Barenaked Ladies – “Lovers In A Dangerous Time” – All Their Greatest Hits 1991 – 2001 (4:06)
10. Queen – “Don’t Stop Me Now” – Greatest Hits 1 (3:30)
11. Grand Funk Railroad – “I’m Your Captain/Closer To Home” – Closer To Home (10:09)

Bending Spoons
12. Muse – “Stockholm Syndrome” – Absolution (4:58)
13. R.E.M. – “The Great Beyond” – In Time: The Best of R.E.M. 1988-2003 (5:07)
14. Crowded House – “Fingers of Love” – Live Album (5:02)
15. Dave Matthews Band – “The Space Between” – Everyday (4:04)
16. The Flaming Lips – “The Sound Of Failure/It’s Dark… Is It Always This Dark??” – At War With The Mystics (7:18)
17. Pink Floyd – “High Hopes” – The Division Bell (8:32)

Don’t Even Hesitate
18. Coldplay – “Trouble” – Parachutes (4:34)
19. Tori Amos – “Winter” – Little Earthquakes (5:42)
20. Peter Gabriel – “Mercy Street” – So (6:21)
21. Radiohead – “Fake Plastic Trees” – The Bends (4:51)
22. Red Hot Chili Peppers – “Slow Cheetah” – Stadium Arcadium – JUPITER (5:20)

A Movement, A Moment
23. The Beatles – “Here Comes The Sun” – Abbey Road (3:06)
24. Herbert Von Karajan: Vienna Philharmonic – “Jupiter, The Bringer of Jolity” – Holst: Planets/R. Strauss: Don Juan (7:41)
25. Antonio Vivaldi – “Concerto No 4 in F minor – ‘L’inverno: I. Allegro non molto” – The Four Seasons (3:27)
26. The City of Prague Philharmonic – “Dragonheart – Main Themes” – 100 Greatest Film Themes (4:33)
27. Ludwig van Beethoven – “Moonlight Sonata” – Classics for the Heart (5:31)

Encore
28. Jeff Beck – “A Day In The Life” – At B.B. King Blues Club & Grill New York (9/10/2003) (5:08)
29. The Cure – “Pictures Of You” – Disentegration (7:29(
30. Ringo Starr – “Photograph” – VH1 Storytellers: Ringo Starr (4:12)
31. Elton John – “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” – Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (3:13)

Forum name: Screwtape2

The Romantic Warrior

With this tracklist I wanted to take everyone on another journey. I also wanted to leave more to the imagination. The story begins with a romantic warrior. A man deemed insane by the world whose romantic ideas are misunderstood. This man is forced to deal with an encroaching world and draws from within. We are all star stuff. The cosmos in him begins to expand and he shines like a falling star wandering the Earth. He searches the Earth looking for someone to give his love to. Everywhere he goes though he is seen as the alien. His words betray him. In looking out for so many people, he begins to collect pain and terror. He descends into the nightlife. There he accepts who and what he is. A war begins in him as to his beliefs. This is illustrated by Supper's Ready.

Beaten and broken from his inner conflict he rests upon a hillside. He looks to Jupiter and past that into Europa. He can see a reflection of Earth in the ice. Someone else is looking to Europa. Both observers feel the need to find the other. As the romantic warrior's body starts to fade away. He finds himself falling through the cosmos. There is no good and evil. There is only love. He loses consciousness. He awakes on the hillside. The plains are swaying and pointing him north. To the ice.

Sometime later we find our hero wandering through the Arctic Circle searching for the other watcher. He comes to a large open of ice. In the middle lies a woman. She is brushing the snow off the ice. He lays down next to her. They can feel the cosmos above and below them. Star stuff dances about the Arctic Circle. The ice below them reflects the stars. The moon, the sun, everything has a place. The two kiss. As they freeze, the two make a choice. Fade into the cosmos or together become something more. They turn away from the cosmos above and below them. They stare into the other's eyes. Here they create a rare element in the universe. A special energy found only on Earth. Two lovers into one. The truth is the meaning of life is in your eyes. The truth is there. In your eyes.

Disc One: The Romantic Warrior

1. Pink Floyd - "Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Pts. 1-5" - Echoes (17:32)
2. Porcupine Tree - "Moon Touches Your Shoulder" - The Sky Moves Sideways (5:40)
3. The Police - "Secret Journey" - Ghost In The Machine (3:33)
4. Sigur Ros - "Myrkur" - Von (6:14)
5. The Smiths - "Bigmouth Strikes Again" - The Queen Is Dead (3:14)
6. David Bowie - "The Voyeur of Utter Destruction (As Beauty)" - Outside (4:21)
7. U2 - "Lady With The Spinning Head [Extended Dance Mix]" - The Best Of 1990-2000 & B-Sides (6:08)
8. Queen - "Princes Of The Universe" - Platinum Collection (3:37)
9. Pure Reason Revolution - "Apprentice Of The Universe" - The Dark Third (3:59)
10. Genesis - "Supper's Ready" - Foxtrot (22:50)
Total Time: 1:17:08

Disc Two: The Arctic Circle

1. Tori Amos - "Hey Jupiter [Dakota Version]" - Hey Jupiter (6:05)
2. St. Vincent - "Apocalypse Song" - Marry Me (3:47)
3. Akira Ifukube - "Prayer For Peace" - Godzilla 50th Anniversary Soundtrack (2:48)
4. Clytus Gottwold - "Lux Aeterna" - 2001: A Space Odyssey Soundtrack (6:02)
5. The Cure - "Plainsong" - Disintegration (5:15)
6. Jurgen Knieper - "Urstromtal (The Glacial Valley)" - Wings Of Desire: Original Soundtrack (4:04)
7. The Edge - "Heroine" - Captive (4:27)
8. DeVotchKa - "This Place Is Haunted" - How It Ends (3:19)
9. Passengers - "Always Forever Now" - Original Soundtracks 1 (6:23)
10. Kate Bush - "Aerial" - Aerial (7:52)
11. Broken Social Scene - "Lover's Spit (Redux) - Beehives (7:33)
12. Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova - "Falling Slowly" - Once (4:04)
13. Todd Rundgren - "If I Have To Be Alone" - 2nd Wind (3:52)
14. Peter Gabriel - "In Your Eyes" - Secret World Live (11:34)
Total Time: 1:17:05

Tracklist Total Time: 2:34:13

Competition master list.

Have fun!

Pla for the megawin. Diverse and fun, plus it all sounds great together. :up:

I just want to say I saw you guys comments about this round.

In response this is the first time in the entire tournament that i have asked people to vote anywhere on the forum, so it has nothing to do with our winning margins in any previous round. If you don't believe look at my posting history. I didn't think this would be such a big deal but whatever, sorry if this offended anyone. I wont post anywhere again asking for votes.

Now lets get on with the rest of the tournament.

the rockin edge said:
I just want to say I saw you guys comments about this round.

In response this is the first time in the entire tournament that i have asked people to vote anywhere on the forum, so it has nothing to do with our winning margins in any previous round. If you don't believe look at my posting history. I didn't think this would be such a big deal but whatever, sorry if this offended anyone. I wont post anywhere again asking for votes.

Now lets get on with the rest of the tournament.

Yeah, I believe you. The voting margins for the rest of your polls were normal. :up:

For the record, I personally haven't asked for any votes. Most of my interference friends have been banned anyway. :sigh:

LemonMelon said:

Yeah, I believe you. The voting margins for the rest of your polls were normal. :up:

Yousins have been doing great this entire tournament.

I have no doubt youse are going to win it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom