Desert Island III Album Game: Round 1, Heat 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote!

• KhanadaRhodes

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • LJT

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good, just making sure. I was going to listen to the playlists back-to-back tonight but got caught up with other stuff, so I'm glad I've time to do it tomorrow.

LJT said:
I think peeps for any song you don't know on any playlist should get a few listens before a decision is made, certainly some of the songs I included took me a while for me to love.
yeah, same here. i always include some guilty pleasures on my playlist :shrug:

i just hope no one is not voting for my playlist just because of kelly clarkson or not voting for yours because of one song in particular. it seems like we're getting away from people doing that, though. (voting based on the songs they know without listening to playlists, that is.)

If anything Khan I think Clarkson may have won you a few votes:wink:

Nothing wrong with guilty pleasures though...i'm thinking about including some sugarbabes or girls aloud next time...to balance out the seriousness of my current playlist:cool:

Oh yeah I wouldn't mind finding out which songs in particular people didn't like or really liked...just for info sake!

Damn the two of you made this hard. If I were to rank my favourite individual tracks, I think Khan would easily have at least the top five spots, as I'm sure is evidenced by the fact that two songs on her list are in mine too, and a third (Neil Finn's Last One Standing) is in Part IV of Aotearoa: Rugged Individual.

However. Yes, there is a "however". If I did a least favourite tracks list, I think Khan would again have a lock on the top five! While there are more songs I really like or love on Khan's tracklist than LJT's, I find it almost schizophrenic, jumping from songs I adore to songs that would make me commit suicide on the island.

LJT ultimately won my vote because I feel his tracklist provides an incredible listening experience. Those who say "a bad song is a bad song, no matter how good the flow is" are provied to be liars by the first third of LJT's tracklist. There are some songs there that I would never play in isolation, but together, the atmosphere is very rich and I quite enjoyed it. Around about the Daft Punk track, I lose some interest, but by the final third, there are other amazing songs (Muse, Asobi Seksu, Jeff Buckley) and a good sense of flow and atmosphere to keep me going to the end. And the man deserves huge credit for including Pure Reason Revolution's Voices in Winter/Realms of the Divine, one of this competition's very best tracks.

Last edited:
Thanks man...your last desert island playlist was actually what got me into Pure Reason Revolution....there is karma at work somewhere there:hmm:

I must say the discussion in your heat's thread has been fun:wink:

Ha, awesome. I am eagerly awaiting PRR's next album, which I understand they are either recording now or will be recording very soon in the coming months. I can't recall if what I read said they are recording in October/November or if they anticipate actually releasing it around about then.

I'm thinking about checking out a few of the artists on your list. It definitely reminded me that I need to hurry up and get some Manic Street Preachers material.

After carefully reviewing both lists, I really consider this heat a draw, as they both contain things I love and don't care for.

The poll ends in a couple of hours. I'm going to vote for LJT in the hopes that 1 point can be earned there, as you'll be within 4 votes. This way, you both would get something from this heat.

LJT said:
Oh yeah I wouldn't mind finding out which songs in particular people didn't like or really liked...just for info sake!

Well, I voted for yours, even though I wasn't familiar with most of the songs. I just liked the musical exploration and most of the songs sounded like they'd be in the class of songs I like.

Since the list was unfamiliar, I rated only one song at 5 stars -- Ryan Adams' Wonderwall. I rated a ton of songs 4 stars, and could well bump some of them up as I get to know them more.

I ranked several at 3 stars -- which means I wasn't ready to put them into the "like" (4 stars) category. But again, I may bump some of those up later. The 3 star songs were by: Bowie, Daft Punk, Manic Street Preachers, Talk Talk, Viva Voce, Pure Reason Revolution, Bjork and The Velvet Teen.

I'll try to check back in later after I've had another chance to listen to your playlist.

Ta...it's just nice to know people might look into some of the music further...it is always my primary aim to introduce people to new stuff, but this playlist kinda took it to the extreme....though I find the music I listen to is becoming more and more less well known....but that's because I am very active in finding out new bands and checking out their work.

Glad you like some of it though:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom