Desert Island III Album Game: Round 1, Heat 2 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
View Poll Results: Please vote!
Screwtape2 14 58.33%
U2vertigofly 10 41.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2007, 08:39 PM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Originally posted by corianderstem
I'll be the sole person (besides U2VertigoFly) to admit that I didn't skip past Blaze of Glory. I have much guilty pleasure love for that song.

SHOT DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWN! in a blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaze of GLO-RAY!

I like Blaze Of Glory!

Old 08-06-2007, 08:41 PM   #17
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
Local Time: 12:10 PM
just now finally getting around to listening to both of these. i'm listening to screwtape's now, and it's but u2vf's looks awesome as well.

i will of course hold off on voting until i've played both playlists in their entirety, and i won't even skip blaze of glory

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
Old 08-06-2007, 09:06 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 02:40 PM
I came down from a mountain about an hour ago with my decision (actually, it was a hill overlooking the ocean). Great place for listening to this stuff.

I have to go with Screwtape. I'm in a bit of a contemplative mood after losing a close friend this week, and his playlist definitely tapped into that. Great transitions, with many songs that were unfamiliar to me. I also loved how songs I do have, like the Smashing Pumpkins track, are woven in. On top of that, the first half of "Nightflight" is just great...maybe my favourite part of the entire thing.

U2vertigofly, as others have said, your list really does rock. That's something to be proud of. You've got some great classics with Clapton and Zeppelin, and I especially liked the Love version of "Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows." As well, “Slide Away” is a truly under-appreciated song
Old 08-06-2007, 11:15 PM   #19
Local Time: 09:10 AM
Hmm, this is a toughie. U2VF's list is more familiar, but there is not as much variety as Screwtapes. I really enjoyed Nightflight, but A Little Chopin was...too atmospheric? I don't really know how to word it.

I don't know which to pick!
Old 08-07-2007, 06:30 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 01:10 PM
Still a close match here. I plan on listening to U2vertigofly's tracklist later this morning and will vote then.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:31 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
Now that I've listened to both, I can vote.

As previously mentioned, the second half of Screwtape's playlist (Nightflight) is superb throughout. Beautifully constructed with excellent songs. I wasn't as enamored with the first half (A Little Chopin), although there were still a few songs on there that are very good. Not sure if I'd be able to listen to that part over and over on a desert island.

U2vertigofly has many familiar songs to me - some that I really like, others that I don't particularly care for. This playlist would probably get the award for most rocking, that's for sure. While there are classics on there, some other tunes would not be ones that I'd like to have.

So this was a close decision for me, but ultimately my vote went to Screwtape2, because the Nightflight portion of his tracklist trumped everything else in this poll.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:56 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict
This one is close still. If U2vertigofly can get another vote and Screwtape2 stays at 14, at least a point will have been earned, even with a loss. That would give U2vertigofly 3rd place in Group 1.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:28 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:10 PM
I love A Little Chopin and the whole playlist in general...perfect combination of all genres and styles...and no one combines classical music with rock better than Screwtape

desert island