Desert Island III Album Game: Quarterfinal, Heat 2 - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Please vote!
LemonMelon 13 48.15%
Screwtape2 14 51.85%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2007, 07:37 AM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:56 PM
We'd use the tiebreaker system in the event of ties. It's just the easiest thing to do rather than go through another round of voting.

Hopefully we'll avoid that scenario.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:03 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
This might be one of the strangest match in the history of the game. A 6-6 tie then a runaway 4-0 run by LemonMelon (which should have doomed me) followed by an unexplainable 5-1 run by me (tying us) followed by 3-1 run out of the blue. I don't know how this happened. I've never seen a tight match for so long, a blowout, a blowout from the other person, a comeback and a return to a tight match in the same match before. I'm speechless. The crazy thing is LemonMelon went to sleep when it was 11-10 in his favor.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:43 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

With just an hour to go, I'm not sure if my vote will make a difference now, but anyway...

I revisited both of these playlists. My feelings regarding both are still the same.

LemonMelon has excellent flow, and one of the better playlists out there. There are some songs that I can do without, though, but that's the case with everyone.

I've said all along that the Nightflight portion of Screwtape's playlist was one of my favorite parts of the entire tournament. Just a wonderful listening experience. The Chopin part, however, just didn't have the same effect for me. I lost interest somewhere in the middle of it.

It looks like Screwtape might hold on and win this, and you really can't go wrong with either one of these playlists advancing, but my vote for this round goes to LemonMelon.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:36 AM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Great match LemonMelon.

I just want to say that you created a fantastic playlist. This was a great match and it was an honor to lock horns with your playlist. There was no winner in this match, just someone going on. Having seen your next playlist, I know you'll get right back here. You have my complete contrats for your performance throughout the entire game.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:51 AM   #50
The Male

Local Time: 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
Great match LemonMelon.

I just want to say that you created a fantastic playlist. This was a great match and it was an honor to lock horns with your playlist. There was no winner in this match, just someone going on. Having seen your next playlist, I know you'll get right back here. You have my complete contrats for your performance throughout the entire game.
Well, thank you. I do intend on being right back here in DI4 and the Symphonic Album games. If I lose then too, well, it all comes down to taste, right?

I'm at least glad I lost to someone with a creative, intriguing, unique piece of work.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:08 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

Well, thank you. I do intend on being right back here in DI4 and the Symphonic Album games. If I lose then too, well, it all comes down to taste, right?

I'm at least glad I lost to someone with a creative, intriguing, unique piece of work.
I think there is a little more than taste to it such as the experience. You can have a lot of songs you love but if it isn't an interesting experience than it isn't as good. I hope people are a little more open in the Album game. There are some great lists out of people's tastes but are fantastic.

You might be better off losing as you don't have to go up against LMP and either Phanan or IMP.

By the way, would like to be a Critic for the Awards? You'd have until the end of the weekend.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #52
The Male

Quote:

I think there is a little more than taste to it such as the experience. You can have a lot of songs you love but if it isn't an interesting experience than it isn't as good. I hope people are a little more open in the Album game. There are some great lists out of people's tastes but are fantastic.

You might be better off losing as you don't have to go up against LMP and either Phanan or IMP.

By the way, would like to be a Critic for the Awards? You'd have until the end of the weekend.
Yep. I think taste is most of it, but it's the experience that sets the playlists apart from one another. I just hope I do better in 6 months (or whenever we do DI4 ) Again, great game, and it's just too bad you're getting whomped by LMP right now.

No thanks, I'll sit the critics part out this time. I need to work on my DI4 list this weekend, which involves uploading 42 songs and getting a paragraph together. Plus, I have to get listening to the album game playlists, which come out Sunday, right?
Old 08-24-2007, 01:27 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Yep. I think taste is most of it, but it's the experience that sets the playlists apart from one another. I just hope I do better in 6 months (or whenever we do DI4 ) Again, great game, and it's just too bad you're getting whomped by LMP right now.

No thanks, I'll sit the critics part out this time. I need to work on my DI4 list this weekend, which involves uploading 42 songs and getting a paragraph together. Plus, I have to get listening to the album game playlists, which come out Sunday, right?
My plan against LMP is to get all of his votes out of the way and then make a comeback. It can't fail.

Yep. The playlists go out on Sunday. As for DI4 I was thinking more late November-December. People are more likely to be inside at that time. Before you get too far on that playlist you should know some rule changes might occur.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:31 PM   #54
The Male

Quote:

My plan against LMP is to get all of his votes out of the way and then make a comeback. It can't fail.

Yep. The playlists go out on Sunday. As for DI4 I was thinking more late November-December. People are more likely to be inside at that time. Before you get too far on that playlist you should know some rule changes might occur.
.........What kind of changes are we talking about here? I just want the time limit to remain the same.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:38 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

.........What kind of changes are we talking about here? I just want the time limit to remain the same.
A couple small things. If I were you I'd think about whether there could be a second song by an artist that would work for your playlist.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:46 PM   #56
The Male

Quote:

A couple small things. If I were you I'd think about whether there could be a second song by an artist that would work for your playlist.
Gotcha.

No, that would have come more in handy for the symphonic album game. I'm happy with my list the way it is, though the extra options are always nice. It'll cut back the whining a few notches.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:47 PM   #57
Blue Crack Supplier

I'm planning on entering DI4 if my Symphonic Album doesn't flop.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:55 PM   #58
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:56 PM
Sweet finish, like others have said, can't go wrong with either list.

Tags
desert island