Desert Island III Album Game: Quarterfinal, Heat 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote!

• LemonMelon

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Screwtape2

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape, there's tons of stuff on your list that I like a lot. And there's other stuff that's not familiar to me, and I'll need time to let it sink in. And there are a couple of things, like the Holst, that I'm just probably not going to like. (I've always loved that Faure piece, though.) I think classical music is a bit risky to put into this kind of competition.

With so many playlists, it might be better to make the contest last a bit longer. I've listened to every list once or twice, but it would be great to be able to go back and revisit them more often during the course of the competition to really get to know them.

Lots of people really enjoy your list, so I think you've done a great job.

SeattleVertigo said:
Screwtape, there's tons of stuff on your list that I like a lot. And there's other stuff that's not familiar to me, and I'll need time to let it sink in. And there are a couple of things, like the Holst, that I'm just probably not going to like. (I've always loved that Faure piece, though.) I think classical music is a bit risky to put into this kind of competition.

With so many playlists, it might be better to make the contest last a bit longer. I've listened to every list once or twice, but it would be great to be able to go back and revisit them more often during the course of the competition to really get to know them.

Lots of people really enjoy your list, so I think you've done a great job.

Thank you. :)

There will be a lot of time to take in the next playlists. The first batch goes out on Sunday.

Screwtape2 said:

The game after the next hasn't been planned yet. There will probably be a small break with some rule changes. I'm sure you'll get a spot. :)

Thanks -- and I appreciate the work you, phanan and Axver have put into this, as well as all the work people put in creating their lists!

Screwtape2 said:

I actually mean really artistic in concept and use of tracks. Anyways, ignore my pessimism. I just feel like there is a roadblock when it comes to my playlists because of the artistic nature of them. I just don't know how to make something the majority of people will really like. I almost feel like every playlist has a shot to win except me. I'm also just exhausted and frustrated by the behind the scenes work and the Critic's Choice Awards. I only have two of the nine ballots and I don't want to calculate them all tommorrow. I'm not enjoying the game as much as I should. Anyway, just ignore me. :(

You won't have to do it all tomorrow, because we fell slightly behind. Since the Final will be 48 hours long, you won't have to post the wrap-up thread until sometime on Monday. So take all weekend.

You'll have mine tomorrow morning.

Hmm... I'd say a tie-breaker because a 3-way match at this stage would be kind of diluted, at least for me.

But who's to say if there is a tie-breaker that the vote tally doesn't change?

Up to you and phanan, really.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Hmm... I'd say a tie-breaker because a 3-way match at this stage would be kind of diluted, at least for me.

But who's to say if there is a tie-breaker that the vote tally doesn't change?

A three way semi-final match might be the fairest way seeing how tight this match and the others have been. It is up to Phanan though.

But if your matchup and my matchup both end in ties, then it'll be crazy. :wink:

You're right though, 3-way matchups would work.

:faint: This might be one of the strangest match in the history of the game. A 6-6 tie then a runaway 4-0 run by LemonMelon (which should have doomed me) followed by an unexplainable 5-1 run by me (tying us) followed by 3-1 run out of the blue. I don't know how this happened. I've never seen a tight match for so long, a blowout, a blowout from the other person, a comeback and a return to a tight match in the same match before. I'm speechless. The crazy thing is LemonMelon went to sleep when it was 11-10 in his favor. :wink:

With just an hour to go, I'm not sure if my vote will make a difference now, but anyway...

I revisited both of these playlists. My feelings regarding both are still the same.

LemonMelon has excellent flow, and one of the better playlists out there. There are some songs that I can do without, though, but that's the case with everyone.

I've said all along that the Nightflight portion of Screwtape's playlist was one of my favorite parts of the entire tournament. Just a wonderful listening experience. The Chopin part, however, just didn't have the same effect for me. I lost interest somewhere in the middle of it.

It looks like Screwtape might hold on and win this, and you really can't go wrong with either one of these playlists advancing, but my vote for this round goes to LemonMelon.

Great match LemonMelon.

I just want to say that you created a fantastic playlist. This was a great match and it was an honor to lock horns with your playlist. There was no winner in this match, just someone going on. Having seen your next playlist, I know you'll get right back here. You have my complete contrats for your performance throughout the entire game. :up:

Screwtape2 said:
Great match LemonMelon.

I just want to say that you created a fantastic playlist. This was a great match and it was an honor to lock horns with your playlist. There was no winner in this match, just someone going on. Having seen your next playlist, I know you'll get right back here. You have my complete contrats for your performance throughout the entire game. :up:

Well, thank you. I do intend on being right back here in DI4 and the Symphonic Album games. :wink: If I lose then too, well, it all comes down to taste, right?

I'm at least glad I lost to someone with a creative, intriguing, unique piece of work.

LemonMelon said:

Well, thank you. I do intend on being right back here in DI4 and the Symphonic Album games. :wink: If I lose then too, well, it all comes down to taste, right?

I'm at least glad I lost to someone with a creative, intriguing, unique piece of work.

I think there is a little more than taste to it such as the experience. You can have a lot of songs you love but if it isn't an interesting experience than it isn't as good. I hope people are a little more open in the Album game. There are some great lists out of people's tastes but are fantastic.

You might be better off losing as you don't have to go up against LMP and either Phanan or IMP. :wink:

By the way, would like to be a Critic for the Awards? You'd have until the end of the weekend.

Screwtape2 said:

I think there is a little more than taste to it such as the experience. You can have a lot of songs you love but if it isn't an interesting experience than it isn't as good. I hope people are a little more open in the Album game. There are some great lists out of people's tastes but are fantastic.

You might be better off losing as you don't have to go up against LMP and either Phanan or IMP. :wink:

By the way, would like to be a Critic for the Awards? You'd have until the end of the weekend.

Yep. I think taste is most of it, but it's the experience that sets the playlists apart from one another. I just hope I do better in 6 months (or whenever we do DI4 :lol: ) Again, great game, and it's just too bad you're getting whomped by LMP right now. :wink:

No thanks, I'll sit the critics part out this time. I need to work on my DI4 list this weekend, which involves uploading 42 songs and getting a paragraph together. Plus, I have to get listening to the album game playlists, which come out Sunday, right?

LemonMelon said:

Yep. I think taste is most of it, but it's the experience that sets the playlists apart from one another. I just hope I do better in 6 months (or whenever we do DI4 :lol: ) Again, great game, and it's just too bad you're getting whomped by LMP right now. :wink:

No thanks, I'll sit the critics part out this time. I need to work on my DI4 list this weekend, which involves uploading 42 songs and getting a paragraph together. Plus, I have to get listening to the album game playlists, which come out Sunday, right?

My plan against LMP is to get all of his votes out of the way and then make a comeback. It can't fail. :wink:

Yep. The playlists go out on Sunday. As for DI4 I was thinking more late November-December. People are more likely to be inside at that time. Before you get too far on that playlist you should know some rule changes might occur.

Screwtape2 said:

My plan against LMP is to get all of his votes out of the way and then make a comeback. It can't fail. :wink:

Yep. The playlists go out on Sunday. As for DI4 I was thinking more late November-December. People are more likely to be inside at that time. Before you get too far on that playlist you should know some rule changes might occur.

.........What kind of changes are we talking about here? :uhoh: I just want the time limit to remain the same.

Screwtape2 said:

A couple small things. If I were you I'd think about whether there could be a second song by an artist that would work for your playlist. :wink:

:sexywink: Gotcha.

No, that would have come more in handy for the symphonic album game. I'm happy with my list the way it is, though the extra options are always nice. It'll cut back the whining a few notches. :wink:

Sweet finish, like others have said, can't go wrong with either list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom