Desert Island III Album Game: Quarterfinal, Heat 2 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Please vote!
LemonMelon 13 48.15%
Screwtape2 14 51.85%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2007, 09:41 PM   #16
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:09 PM
Now it's only a two vote margin. Don't write yourself off yet!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-23-2007, 09:41 PM   #17
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

With 19 votes already, I don't see much chance for a four point comeback. You deserve to win anyways.

I was thinking and maybe you were right about the really artistic playlists as Phanan might be the only one in the semi-finals. The voters seemed really split on my playlist for a couple artistic reasons. I think that making art is fucking me up in the long run.
If I had to pick a playlist to listen to only once, it'd be yours. Parts of it give me chills, it was insane.

Re-listen: Meg'sLeg's.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:47 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:09 PM
Quote:
I was thinking and maybe you were right about the really artistic playlists as Phanan might be the only one in the semi-finals. The voters seemed really split on my playlist for a couple artistic reasons. I think that making art is fucking me up in the long run.
Well, my feeling is that quite a few of these are very artistic as well, just in a different way from yours. imp13's comes to mind. Even mine is quite the opposite.

So don't stop making art. The fascinating thing about these competitions is how people interpret music in different ways. Yours is no exception.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:48 PM   #19
The Male

Local Time: 07:09 PM
Quote:

With 19 votes already, I don't see much chance for a four point comeback. You deserve to win anyways.

Only a two-vote comeback needed now. (Three FTW)

If you think about it, not even Phanan's list is all that "artsy":

Gorillaz
INXS
The Beatles
Blur
Snow Patrol
Coldplay
Elton John(!)
Dire Straits
Arcade Fire
Fleetwood Mac(!)
Led Zeppelin
Bruce Springsteen
Etc......

You've played a great game so far, Screwtape. Not sure who will win at this point, but we both have great lists, and it's showing up on the poll results.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:49 PM   #20
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

They're not the greatest hits of those artists though, you know? Maybe that's what makes it seem artsy, that sweet mixtape feel.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:52 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

I believe when Screwtape talks about the art of music, he's not being specific as to what kind of artists are involved, but rather how we put them all together as one cohesive piece. Doesn't matter how well-known artists are, or if they are mostly indie, but it's how you put it all together.

Each one of our playlists is us interpreting music in a certain way. That, to me, is what the artistic nature of it is all about.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:53 PM   #22
The Male

Well, no matter how this turns out, let's face it; Phanan has us beat. I'm willing to make an avatar bet that Phanan will easily win out.

Now.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:55 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

You think so? I don't know - there are some GREAT playlists remaining.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:57 PM   #24
The Male

Yeah, I do think so. I used to think imp had a good shot, but, as much as I love his playlist, he might not even make it through this round.

Now.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:00 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

We'll find out soon enough. If Heat 1 holds course, I would face the winner of the imp13/BIMM contest. That will certainly be interesting.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:06 PM   #26
The Male

Now it's down to one.

That's it, I'm done hitting F5. I'll check this again the morning.

Now.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #27
Refugee

Local Time: 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
Now it's down to one.

That's it, I'm done hitting F5. I'll check this again the morning.
<Laughs>

So THAT'S why the view count is so much higher on this heat than the others!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:13 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
I believe when Screwtape talks about the art of music, he's not being specific as to what kind of artists are involved, but rather how we put them all together as one cohesive piece.
I actually mean really artistic in concept and use of tracks. Anyways, ignore my pessimism. I just feel like there is a roadblock when it comes to my playlists because of the artistic nature of them. I just don't know how to make something the majority of people will really like. I almost feel like every playlist has a shot to win except me. I'm also just exhausted and frustrated by the behind the scenes work and the Critic's Choice Awards. I only have two of the nine ballots and I don't want to calculate them all tommorrow. I'm not enjoying the game as much as I should. Anyway, just ignore me.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:17 PM   #29
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I actually mean really artistic in concept and use of tracks. Anyways, ignore my pessimism. I just feel like there is a roadblock when it comes to my playlists because of the artistic nature of them. I just don't know how to make something the majority of people will really like. I almost feel like every playlist has a shot to win except me. I'm also just exhausted and frustrated by the behind the scenes work and the Critic's Choice Awards. I only have two of the nine ballots and I don't want to calculate them all tommorrow. I'm not enjoying the game as much as I should. Anyway, just ignore me.
Your list is pretty much exactly what I wanted mine to be like but couldn't get to, that perfect soundtrack quality to it. You've made it this far, and can possibly make it farther, so that's sweet. Plus, you turned me onto a bunch of artists and ideas for mood/flow/whatnot that I hadn't heard of before.

That's what it's all about, I think. I'm sure you'll do well in the Critic's list, as well.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:09 PM
Screwtape's is probably one of the best playlists i've listened to, not just in this competition but overall...I can only dream of coming up with something half as good. That's why he's gotten my vote throughout .

Tags
desert island