Desert Island III Album Game: Quarterfinal, Heat 2 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Please vote!
LemonMelon 13 48.15%
Screwtape2 14 51.85%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-23-2007, 09:41 PM   #16
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,015
Local Time: 02:09 PM
Now it's only a two vote margin. Don't write yourself off yet!
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 08-23-2007, 09:41 PM   #17
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2


With 19 votes already, I don't see much chance for a four point comeback. You deserve to win anyways.

I was thinking and maybe you were right about the really artistic playlists as Phanan might be the only one in the semi-finals. The voters seemed really split on my playlist for a couple artistic reasons. I think that making art is fucking me up in the long run.
If I had to pick a playlist to listen to only once, it'd be yours. Parts of it give me chills, it was insane.

Re-listen: Meg'sLeg's.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 09:47 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
I was thinking and maybe you were right about the really artistic playlists as Phanan might be the only one in the semi-finals. The voters seemed really split on my playlist for a couple artistic reasons. I think that making art is fucking me up in the long run.
Well, my feeling is that quite a few of these are very artistic as well, just in a different way from yours. imp13's comes to mind. Even mine is quite the opposite.

So don't stop making art. The fascinating thing about these competitions is how people interpret music in different ways. Yours is no exception.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 09:48 PM   #19
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,790
Local Time: 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2


With 19 votes already, I don't see much chance for a four point comeback. You deserve to win anyways.

I was thinking and maybe you were right about the really artistic playlists as Phanan might be the only one in the semi-finals. The voters seemed really split on my playlist for a couple artistic reasons. I think that making art is fucking me up in the long run.
Only a two-vote comeback needed now. (Three FTW)

If you think about it, not even Phanan's list is all that "artsy":

Gorillaz
INXS
The Beatles
Blur
Snow Patrol
Coldplay
Elton John(!)
Dire Straits
Arcade Fire
Fleetwood Mac(!)
Led Zeppelin
Bruce Springsteen
Etc......

You've played a great game so far, Screwtape. Not sure who will win at this point, but we both have great lists, and it's showing up on the poll results.
__________________
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 08-23-2007, 09:49 PM   #20
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 09:09 PM
They're not the greatest hits of those artists though, you know? Maybe that's what makes it seem artsy, that sweet mixtape feel.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 09:52 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 10:09 PM
I believe when Screwtape talks about the art of music, he's not being specific as to what kind of artists are involved, but rather how we put them all together as one cohesive piece. Doesn't matter how well-known artists are, or if they are mostly indie, but it's how you put it all together.

Each one of our playlists is us interpreting music in a certain way. That, to me, is what the artistic nature of it is all about.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 09:53 PM   #22
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,790
Local Time: 07:09 PM
Well, no matter how this turns out, let's face it; Phanan has us beat. I'm willing to make an avatar bet that Phanan will easily win out.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 08-23-2007, 09:55 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 10:09 PM
You think so? I don't know - there are some GREAT playlists remaining.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 09:57 PM   #24
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,790
Local Time: 07:09 PM
Yeah, I do think so. I used to think imp had a good shot, but, as much as I love his playlist, he might not even make it through this round.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 08-23-2007, 10:00 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 10:09 PM
We'll find out soon enough. If Heat 1 holds course, I would face the winner of the imp13/BIMM contest. That will certainly be interesting.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 10:06 PM   #26
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,790
Local Time: 07:09 PM
Now it's down to one.

That's it, I'm done hitting F5. I'll check this again the morning.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 08-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #27
Refugee
 
SeattleVertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Posts: 1,567
Local Time: 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
Now it's down to one.

That's it, I'm done hitting F5. I'll check this again the morning.
<Laughs>

So THAT'S why the view count is so much higher on this heat than the others!
__________________
SeattleVertigo is offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 10:13 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
I believe when Screwtape talks about the art of music, he's not being specific as to what kind of artists are involved, but rather how we put them all together as one cohesive piece.
I actually mean really artistic in concept and use of tracks. Anyways, ignore my pessimism. I just feel like there is a roadblock when it comes to my playlists because of the artistic nature of them. I just don't know how to make something the majority of people will really like. I almost feel like every playlist has a shot to win except me. I'm also just exhausted and frustrated by the behind the scenes work and the Critic's Choice Awards. I only have two of the nine ballots and I don't want to calculate them all tommorrow. I'm not enjoying the game as much as I should. Anyway, just ignore me.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 10:17 PM   #29
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2


I actually mean really artistic in concept and use of tracks. Anyways, ignore my pessimism. I just feel like there is a roadblock when it comes to my playlists because of the artistic nature of them. I just don't know how to make something the majority of people will really like. I almost feel like every playlist has a shot to win except me. I'm also just exhausted and frustrated by the behind the scenes work and the Critic's Choice Awards. I only have two of the nine ballots and I don't want to calculate them all tommorrow. I'm not enjoying the game as much as I should. Anyway, just ignore me.
Your list is pretty much exactly what I wanted mine to be like but couldn't get to, that perfect soundtrack quality to it. You've made it this far, and can possibly make it farther, so that's sweet. Plus, you turned me onto a bunch of artists and ideas for mood/flow/whatnot that I hadn't heard of before.

That's what it's all about, I think. I'm sure you'll do well in the Critic's list, as well.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 08-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Lemonchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,647
Local Time: 11:09 PM
Screwtape's is probably one of the best playlists i've listened to, not just in this competition but overall...I can only dream of coming up with something half as good. That's why he's gotten my vote throughout .
__________________

__________________
Lemonchick is offline  
 

Tags
desert island

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com