Desert Island Game II: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eek.

I've got my tracklist together, all I need to do now is give it some kind of order.

...And get the songs up on save file.

...All 36.

:eeklaugh:

:ohmy:

I was SO convinced today was the 31st!

Oh well, that gives me one more day of fighting with save file. :mad:

DEADLINE
All submissions MUST be made by 10pm US eastern time, 31 January 2007. This is 3am GMT, 1 February 2007, and 2pm Australian eastern savings time, 1 February 2007. You may submit items separately, e.g. you do not have to provide upload links the second you submit your tracklisting, but you must have all submissions made by that deadline.

Just to let you know, we still need tracklistings from:

XHendrix24
Lancemc
FitzChivalry
Bono's Shades
Gibsongirl
Beau2iful Day
Pepokiss

MacPhistoPT you can submit your tracklist too.

I don't think we've heard from Pepokiss or Beau2iful Day in this thread so if you run into them please remind them.

*Don't feel rushed just be able to submit something by the deadline*

I may need an extension on the save file submission. As some of you know, my mother's been in the hospital while I've been moving to Melbourne and life's generally been crazy, and when things have been calm, save file has given me all kinds of stupid errors so only half of the project has made it online so far! I'll keep trying though.

's being a bitch. I got about 12 songs uploaded. And I'm sleepy. The rest will be done tomorrow.

A Friday deadline for the links sounds great, since I will only have 1/2 my tracks uploaded before bedtime tonight.

I have a question though. How do I order my uploaded tracks on svfle? They are all uploading, but in random order (I think by files size). How do I control the order? A little help, please.

:wink:

FitzChivalry said:
A Friday deadline for the links sounds great, since I will only have 1/2 my tracks uploaded before bedtime tonight.

I have a question though. How do I order my uploaded tracks on svfle? They are all uploading, but in random order (I think by files size). How do I control the order? A little help, please.

:wink:

Well, it rests with Axver or LMP.

AS for it seems to order the files by when they are added, at least for me. Unfortunately, if you add files later it will put them at the top or maybe it's just me.
You might just zip the playlist files into five or six parts. Then you can just add the lowest parts first then work your way up (4 and 5 then 2 and 3 and then 1, for example.) Then again, I could be completely wrong.

Screwtape2 said:
Axver, why don't we keep the playlist deadline where it is but allow links to be submitted through Friday?
I can send out what we have tommorrow then on Friday send out ALL the links.

That sounds good to me.

Are people okay with downloading 50MB file sizes? It's a bit of a bitch for me to upload each file separately as my connection is pretty slow.

Ugh, I really left this too late. I've been bogged down with essays lately and just haven't had very much free time. I'll see what I can throw together in the time remaining. :(

Screwtape2 said:
That's what I did, LJT.

With a little less than two hours until the deadline we need entries from:

Bono's Shades
Gibsongirl
Beau2iful Day
Pepokiss

We've got one from Bono's Shades.

GibsonGirl said:
Ugh, I really left this too late. I've been bogged down with essays lately and just haven't had very much free time. I'll see what I can throw together in the time remaining. :(

If you send us the needed info (track order, track titles, album, times) I'll format the entry for you. You could probably skip the questionare.

Phew, finally done. And with only about thirteen minutes to spare, I believe! I'll get stuck in on the email now. I should just make it.

Submitted! I'll do up the questionaire quickly...damn you, Wordsworth, for taking up all my time!

With only 22 entries instead of the 24 we wanted, I've come up with a quick solution. Last year's championship participants get a first round bye (meaning they are automatically into the tourney.) That means LMP gets a first round bye and since VG's not around this time I'll have to look at the semi-finalists.

For example:
Group ?
LMP v. Bye
2 v 3

LMP or Axver, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom