Desert Island Game II: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bono_212 said:
And just putting in my two cents, I know DreamOutLoud's list is complete and that she really wanted to do this...
Eep, I wouldn't call it "complete" I have a list, but it's not arranged yet. I've been so busy :sigh: I think I'm gonna give up my spot. I'm not cut out for this game :tongue:

FitzChivalry said:
Is it okay if I e-mail it as a Word document? I don't have WordPerfect on my computer at home.

Just copy and paste it directly to an e-mail. That's how I thought everyone would submit everything. I'm not the one who'll be putting together the master list post or anything as I'm just too busy at the moment, but if I was, I'd be sending back anything sent to me as an attachment. I don't know what suits LMP and Screwtape though.

(People actually use WordPerfect?)

Attachments are a little more work, but I don't mind.

But is it hard for anyone to write it in Word, then copy and paste it into an email?

WordPerfect made me pull out my own hair I hated it so much.

Well, I'm ready to take any available slot. Just say something if...

I have a playlist almost ready... I just can't decide about the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Audioslave, Placebo, RATM and RHCP track that I'll choose. damn...

Last edited:
FitzChivalry said:

Almost all law firms use WordPerfect exclusively, so it's what I'm most familiar with.

I don't even really know what it is. I've never seen it for sale or used a computer with it installed. My girlfriend did have it on her old computer in America but she was the only person I know who had it at any point.

Everyone here uses Word. I occasionally see WordPerfect mentioned online and wonder why the hell anyone would bother using it because - at least from my perspective - you could never send its files to anyone else as they wouldn't be able to open them. It reminds me of when I bought my first computer and seemed to be the only person on earth with Lotus Smartsuite's word processor ...

Last edited:
Um, before I send mine in I had a question....Does it HAVE to be two cds or could it be one long playlist ? Thanks in advance

bono_212 said:
Um, before I send mine in I had a question....Does it HAVE to be two cds or could it be one long playlist ? Thanks in advance

your choice.

if it's 2 cds, then 80 mins max each.

1 long playlist, 160 min max.

If we opt to make our selection a playlist, is there a way that we can convert the iTunes playlist into an actual file that we can send a la a Winamp playlist or something similar? Or should we just number the tracks beforehand or something?

..And I definitely can't use any Neon Bible songs, right? :sad:

the iTunes playlists end up way too messy, please just send it in the format Axver provided.

No Neon Bible :sad:

I really wanted to use No Cars Go, but it wouldn't follow the rules.

Yeah, I wanted to use Antichrist Television Blues. :sad: Ah well.

One last question (for now :wink:): Should I rename the files so that they show in that format, or should I just provide a list in that format and then just upload the files as they are to SF?

you don't have to rename the files at all, just make sure the list is in that format.

One Last question, cause I'm slightly confused, do we email you guys the link to the SF or do we post it later?

you can email it with the entry, or later.

all we ask for is the tracklisting, the link is completely optional.

phew, i'm glad i got everything in fairly early seeing as now my internet connection is acting up again. :mad:

and hearing about people sending stuff as attachments and the like, it was okay for me to just send everything in one big ass e-mail message, right? especially since i have a mac at home, sometimes documents i type up in uhh...whatever the hell the word processor is called. i never use it :reject: anyway, if i type something up on it and send it to a pc, sometimes the formatting can look all weird, like tabs won't be in the right place or something.

so anyway...yeah. i can ramble sometimes.

KhanadaRhodes said:
phew, i'm glad i got everything in fairly early seeing as now my internet connection is acting up again. :mad:

and hearing about people sending stuff as attachments and the like, it was okay for me to just send everything in one big ass e-mail message, right? especially since i have a mac at home, sometimes documents i type up in uhh...whatever the hell the word processor is called. i never use it :reject: anyway, if i type something up on it and send it to a pc, sometimes the formatting can look all weird, like tabs won't be in the right place or something.

so anyway...yeah. i can ramble sometimes.

the way you sent it in was perfect, don't worry about it.

Irishteen said:
Is it all right to upload the songs onto SF in a zip file, or do they have to be uploaded individually?

your call.

I'm having issues uploading my stuff to SF. I was able to upload 7 songs succesfully and then pffft. Which is strange, because I didn't have problems last time.

I'm thinking of just submitting my playlist and if I get SF figured out before the deadline, fine, and if I don't - well, I don't think the songs I'm submitting are all that obscure - at least not obscure for The Bang and the Clatter folks.

Okay, I have to put together my list tonight. :uhoh: Stupid university getting in the way of free time...

Bah, save file really hates me! So many of my uploads fail, and life's been unnecessarily stressful lately too so I haven't had as much time to do uploading either.

I'm about to send mine in. :hyper:

Could add a lot more to it. This month has been way too busy to give it the time it really deserves. :down:

GibsonGirl said:
Okay, I have to put together my list tonight. :uhoh: Stupid university getting in the way of free time...

I felt the same way. Fortunately I just finished and sent it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom