Desert Island Game II: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
OK, yes, DreamOutLoud rightly deserves the right of first refusal of any freed spot. DOL, if you don't want the spot, it's adrball's.

I went back and found that MacPhistoPT was the second reserve so ardball would be our third.

Ardball, you might want to start making the playlist in case other people drop. If no one does you could use it next time.

Just sent mine in, hope you guys got it. :)

I can't wait to see what other people come up with.

*new music*....:drool:

I just got a whole batch of new music yesterday, which means I'm going to retool my list then send it in

:happy:

I'll check the recent submissions and add them to the list soon.

Guys, I'm off to Melbourne early tomorrow morning and things will be way hectic for a few days, so don't count on me having Internet access. So Screwtape and LMP, the competition will be just in your hands until I have electricity and Internet established at my new home (it was meant to be ready for me when I arrived but there have been faults, bah!). Let's hoipe it just takes a weekend, heh.

I've just started mine - work was getting in the way - and it is so hard to pick artists and then just one song. :sad:

I've witnessed Salome writing out his lists and then writing out a new list and a new list...so much effort. I'm just going to flick through as much music as possible tonight and try and pick some more tunes. :drool:

DreamOutLoud to make sure you can fill the open slot could you post in this thread as soon as possible. The same goes to MacPhistoPT in case DreamOutLoud can't do it.

With a little more than twelve days before the deadline we have these entries:

1. Axver
2. Irishteen
3. Screwtape2
4. LJT
5. Salome
6. KhanadaRhodes
7. Lemonchick
8. Liamcool

Here's the deadline information again:
DEADLINE
All submissions MUST be made by 10pm US eastern time, 31 January 2007. This is 3am GMT, 1 February 2007, and 2pm Australian eastern savings time, 1 February 2007. You may submit items separately, e.g. you do not have to provide upload links the second you submit your tracklisting, but you must have all submissions made by that deadline.

I'll put up a list of who has submitted links a week before the deadline. Remember that links are optional but suggested.

I think my list is about as good as I'm ever going to get it considering I want to change something almost every day. So I'll probably just send it in tomorrow. Links may come later if I have trouble getting them uploaded.

In my creative writing classes from way back in the day, they would teach us that poets and prose writers and lyricists, that they never really feel that their work is finished or done and complete, but rather, they just finally give up and can't give any more to the piece.

My playlist is almost there. For the theme I picked, I just don't see many more ways that I could make it better. I'm almost about to give up and submit.

:banghead: :crazy: :sigh: :slant:

What started out as fun, is now slowly making me :coocoo:

Last edited:
I would like to pull hand my place to one of the reserves, if that would be okay. This is causing me more trouble than I feel it probably should be :/

beau2ifulday said:
I would like to pull hand my place to one of the reserves, if that would be okay. This is causing me more trouble than I feel it probably should be :/

Oh, alright! I know I've been absent for a week, but if I understand things correctly, while we have a couple of people who put up their hand ahead of adrball to be reserves, they haven't exactly been around much while Adrian's already thrown his tracklisting into the ring and is ready to go, so I'd like to propose that he receive the spot as we're fast approaching the deadline.

I'm nearly done..........i should have done what LMP suggested and just sent it in before...but i kept changing my mind! (I COULD NOT HELP IT!) Anyhoo...mine should be ready for tonight as i'm concerned if i leave it any longer i'm gonna stuff my playlist and may miss the deadline....i'm too busy ladies and gentlemen , too busy!!!

Tonight my project WILL be in!

:yes:

i just sent mine in a minute ago, so i should be good.

if there are any problems with it just email me or post here and i'll be happy to fix it:up:

Okay, we're down to the final week.

Here's the deadline information again:
DEADLINE
All submissions MUST be made by 10pm US eastern time, 31 January 2007. This is 3am GMT, 1 February 2007, and 2pm Australian eastern savings time, 1 February 2007. You may submit items separately, e.g. you do not have to provide upload links the second you submit your tracklisting, but you must have all submissions made by that deadline.

We have these playlists:
1. Axver
2. Irishteen
3. Screwtape2
4. LJT
5. Salome
6. KhanadaRhodes
7. Lemonchick
8. Liamcool
9. Bono_man2002
10. Adrball
11. U2VertigoFly

Don't feel rushed just be conscious of the deadline. Like LMP said earlier in the thread, just submit whatever you have if you keep stressing over the playlist. Remember that links can be submitted separately from the playlist.

We have these links:
1. Screwtape2
2. KhanadaRhodes
3. Adrball

Remember that links are optional but suggested.

Finally, we have an open slot that needs to be filled. DreamOutLoud and MacPhistoPT the slot is open to you but if someone else submits before we give them the slot.

i actually have more free time again. i'll get my list together this weekend, it's only half finished. looking forward to seeing everyone else's choices. :up:

I'll email my list this evening...the semester just started so I got a little caught up with school.

And just putting in my two cents, I know DreamOutLoud's list is complete and that she really wanted to do this...

bono_212 said:
And just putting in my two cents, I know DreamOutLoud's list is complete and that she really wanted to do this...

The spot is her's. I just needed to know if she was still interested which she obviously is.

FitzChivalry said:
Is it okay if I e-mail it as a Word document? I don't have WordPerfect on my computer at home.

Certainly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom