Desert Island Game II: Qualifying Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which tracklisting do you prefer?

• dazzlingamy's tracklisting

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • FitzChivalry's tracklisting

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for the tracklisting you LIKE THE MOST.

Welcome to the third qualifying round of the Interference Desert Island Game II! The premise of this game is that all of the Interferencers have been stranded on a desert island and we can only take up to 160 minutes of music with us (either as a continuous iPod playlist or two 80 minute CDs or any other format of our choosing). The object is to see which forum member can fit the most musical goodness into these 160 minutes.

In the second qualifying round, liamcool bore the brunt of an absolute thumping, going down 28-3 to Screwtape2. Screwtape2 is now our second qualifier for the heats, while Liam will get another chance in the repechages.

In this round, dazzlingamy and FitzChivalry will be competing for the third spot in the heats. Below, you will find their tracklistings. If you are unfamiliar with the songs included, we can help you hear them! Just leave your e-mail address. :)

Also, a quick appeal: there were a few errors on the master list, such as paragraphs being misplaced and overall times omitted. If your playlist was victim to some sort of error, please let me know before your round. Either PM me or post on this thread. Tell me what the mistake is and what the details should be. Thanks!

THE TRACKLISTINGS!

Forum name: dazzlingamy

dazzlingamy writes: I chose my playlist with a few things in mind. I wanted a broad spectrum with lots of different genre artists, giving both the cruisy mellow music I love with a few rock songs thrown in, as I like changing playlists. I added a few of my favourite aussie artists that are possibly not well known outside of Australia. They are amazing artists, so check them out if you like what you hear. I love strings, and instrumental music, so there are a few of them in there as well. Basically it's a mix bag of my favourite artists. I hope you like it! :)

1. The Smiths – "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want" – Hatful of Hollow (1:51)
2. U2 – "Stay (Faraway So Close" – Zooropa (4:59)
3. Stevie Wonder – "Superstition" – Talking Book (4:22)
4. Modest Mouse – "Float On" – Good News for People Who Love Bad News (3:29)
5. Stereophonics – "Dakota" – Language. Sex. Violence. Other? (4:56)
6. Joy Division – "Love Will Tear Us Apart" – Substance (3:26)
7. The Whitlams – "Made Me Hard" – Love This City (3:34)
8. Pete Murray – "Better Days" – See The Sun (3:43)
9. Pink Floyd – "Wish You Were Here" – Wish You Were Here (5:17)
10. The Cure – "Close To Me" – Staring At The Sea: The Singles (3:39)
11. John Lennon – "Instant Karma!" – The John Lennon Collection (3:23)
12. Tori Amos – "A Sorta Fairytale" – Scarlet's Walk (4:06)
13. Portishead – "Glory Box" – Dummy (5.07)
14. Ladytron – "Seventeen" – Light & Magic (4.37)
15. Sigur Ros – "Staralfur" - Agaetis Byrjun (6.47)
16. Sergei Prokofiev – "March of the Montagues and Capulets" – The Classical Suite (5.50)
17. Jackson 5 – "Blame It On The Boogie" – Destiny (3:31)
18. Blur – "Girls and Boys" – Parklife (4:15)
19. Muse – "Starlight" – Black Holes and Revelations (3:59)
20. Eskimo Joe – "From The Sea – A Song is A City (3:12)
21. The Clash – "Rock The Casbah" – Combat Rock (3:40)
22. Rufus Wainwright – "The One You Love" – Want Two (3:44)
23. Morrissey – The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get – Vauxhall and I (3.43)
24. Josh Pyke – "Silver" – Recordings from 2003 – 2005
25. Athlete – "Street Map" - Tourist ( 4.40)
26. The Beatles – "Across The Universe" – Let It Be (3:45)
27. Coldplay – "The Scientist" – A Rush of Blood To The Head (5:11)
28. Secret Garden – "Heartstrings" – Songs from a Secret Garden ( 3.25)
29. Bob Sinclair – "Love Generation" – Western Dream (2:58)

Forum name: FitzChivalry

FitzChivalry writes: This tracklist centers around the idea that, if I was trapped on a desert island, I would want to remember all the people I love and can no longer be with, and many of the good times that I've had. So the songs in my tracklist ARE NOT MY FAVORITE SONGS and are NOT necessarily BY MY FAVORITE ARTISTS (I would never include a Queensryche song on a tracklist of my favorite songs of all time, but the song on here reminds me of my very first crush who made me go all weak and wobbly, hence, it's very special to me). Each song reminds me of either a person I love or a great time I've had, thus, these songs are the memories of my life, from growing up listening to my Mom and Dad's favorites (Allman Bros., Led Zeppelin, Genesis); to The Cure's "Plainsong" - the first song that ever made me cry; to my college days (7 housemates and I on a weekend trip to San Francisco to see Oasis, getting drunk in Chinatown and stuffing ourselves into a cab and singing "Champagne Supernova" at the top of our lungs the entire way to the concert; to coming out of the closet and cutting my baby-gay teeth at club OZZ; to my friends introducing me to the beauty that is Brit-Pop. These are the songs/loved ones/memories I would take with me if I were to be stranded on a desert island.

"THERE'S A TRIGGER IN YOUR TRACKLIST"

01. The Smashing Pumpkins - "Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness" - Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness (2:52)
02. The English Beat - "I Confess" - Special Beat Service (4:34)
03. Steely Dan - "Aja" - Aja (8:00)
04. The Allman Brothers Band - "In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed" - Idlewild South (6:58)
05. Led Zeppelin - "That's The Way" - Led Zeppelin III (5:37)
06. The Beatles - "Across The Universe" - Let It Be (3:48)
07. Bruce Springsteen - "Stolen Car" - The River (disc 2) (3:54)
08. Queensryche - "Silent Lucidity" - Empire (5:47)
09. Tori Amos - "Precious Things" - Little Earthquakes (4:27)
10. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Black Tongue" - Fever To Tell (2:57)
11. Pearl Jam - "Spin The Black Circle" - Vitalogy (2:47)
12. U2 - "An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart" - Boy (8:14)
13. Duran Duran - "New Moon On Monday" - Seven And The Ragged Tiger (4:15)
14. Morrissey - "Late Night, Maudlin Street" - Viva Hate (7:41)
15. The Cure - "Plainsong" - Disintegration (5:15)
16. Doves - "Snowden" - Some Cities (4:12)
17. Pulp - "Do You Remember The First Time?" - His 'n' Hers (4:22)
18. Oasis - "Champagne Supernova" - (What's The Story) Morning Glory? (7:27)
19. Bjork - "Army Of Me" - Post (3:54)
20. Underworld - "Moaner" - Anthology 1992-2002 (7:40)
21. The Chemical Brothers - "Song To The Siren" - Exit Planet Dust (3:16)
22. Planet Soul - "Set U Free" - Set U Free [Single] (4:16)
23. The Bucketheads - "The Bomb! (These Sounds Fall Into My Mind)" - All In The Mind (3:23)
24. Barry Harris featuring Pepper Mashay - "Dive In The Pool" - Queer As Folk [Soundtrack] (3:55)
25. Janet Jackson - "If" - janet. (4:31)
26. Daft Punk - "One More Time" - Discovery (5:20)
27. Luke Slater - "love" - Jody-Way Out There-A Progressive DJ Mix (6:47)
28. BT - "Nectar" - ESCM (5:55)
29. Moby - "My Weakness" - Play (3:37)
30. Genesis - "The Carpet Crawlers" - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (disc 1) (5:14)
31. Depeche Mode - "Black Celebration" - Black Celebration (4:54)
32. Radiohead - "Everything In Its Right Place" - Kid A (4:11 ) (For Kris)

Total runtime: 160:00

UP NEXT: KhanadaRhodes vs Lara Mullen

Competition master list.

Competition rules.

And in time, someone (probably me ...) will make a diagram of the competition's format and a link to it will be in this spot in future rounds.

Have fun!

Obviously, dazzling amy, (and not just cause she's from Melbourne). The presence of Eskimo Joe, Athlete, Josh Pyke and Morrissey/Smiths is too good to ignore...

Mind you, fitzchivalry's list had merit. Chem Bros, Daft Punk, Oasis, Moby......

both are really good.....

Fitzy's all the way.

I liked the other tracklisting, but his was definitely more my style.

Both playlists are very good, and I even think I might like dazzlingamy's a bit more, but Fitz gets bonus points for his memorium-theme, so he gets my vote this round.

Oh, and you can't beat closing a playlist with Everything in its Right Place. :dance:

Last edited:
Fitzs...it has the beats:rockon:

Bjork, Chem Bros, Pulp and Radiohead seal the deal.

Dazzling's playlist was excellente as well I just found more variety in Fitz's.

Wow...GREAT lists! :ohmy:

Hmm...I think I'll take Fitz's list. I simply appreciated the Steely Dan mention. :drool:

I think this will be a close one!

Both of these lists were really, really good but in the end I went with amy's - The Smiths won me over. :drool:

I hate having to vote people off, especially knowing how hard it is to make a tracklisting. :(

Lara Mullen said:
I think this will be a close one!

Both of these lists were really, really good but in the end I went with amy's - The Smiths won me over. :drool:

I hate having to vote people off, especially knowing how hard it is to make a tracklisting. :(

Hey at least everyone gets a second go at it this time round:up:

Damn, this is hard. Neither tracklisting is really my style - I guess I've been spoilt with the first four tracklistings being right up my alley.

Fitz might have me with his inclusion of An Cat Dubh, but I'll think about this a bit more before voting.

I went with Fitz too - I hope my vote registered. The first try didn't go thru :shrug:

Fitz - if my husband could vote, he would have picked you as well, just for the Allman Brothers & Genesis. And he liked the name Daft Punk :giggle: And he was an English Beat fan back in the day. :up:

Daft Punk is playing at my house ... MY HOUSE!

After some very hard thinking, I had to go with Fitzchivalry, for the inclusion of Daft Punk and that Janet Jackson song that I haven't heard in years but used to love. Ooh, and that Bucketheads song I'd completely forgotten about, too. Gotta love the dancin' tunes.

But Amy's had Stevie Wonder and the Jackson 5. :(

Crap, I'm still waffling!

Last edited:
You had me Fitz.........you really had me.....then you go and put Bjork in there.......:no:

Dazzling Amy you had "Stay,so close" "Close to me" they were the clinchers........both were really good playlists.

I gotta go with Fitz....I know more of the songs, and also appreciate the 'in memorium'.
Daft Punk,Chemical Bros., Moby...:up:

An Cat D'oh sealed it.

And since i have multiple personalities, i think my vote should be counted as 3.

I went with DazzlingAmy only because there were more songs I liked/artists I liked on hers, but it was close, I really really really like that Fitz had a Lamb Dies Down on Broadway song though, that almost got it

Go Fitz Go
cheerleader.gif

though I like some of dazzlingamy's too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom