Desert Island Game II: Qualifying Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which tracklisting do you prefer?

• dazzlingamy's tracklisting

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • FitzChivalry's tracklisting

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a tough choice, dazzlingamy's list had some of my favourite artists and songs but Fritz's had Everything in its right place, and right now that's enough to make me vote for it.

And I went to bed early and missed the end of this round!

OK, what do we do? Last time, both progressed, but if we do that this time, that could stuff up the repechages.

Shall we just send both through to the heats anyway and whoever was meant to meet the loser of this round in the repechages gets a free ticket through to the second level of the repechages, or shall we get a mod to open this poll for one more day?

Okay, let's just have both play against whoever in the repechage (since it so close they would be part of the four that need to win only once to get in) the top 2 of the 3 clinch berths in the tourney. So just start the next match.

By the way, I'll make the diagram of the tourney tonight or tomorrow Axver.

Screwtape2 said:
Okay, let's just have both play against whoever in the repechage (since it so close they would be part of the four that need to win only once to get in) the top 2 of the 3 clinch berths in the tourney. So just start the next match.

I honestly don't like the idea of sending them both to the repechage. The repechage is meant to be for the losers, not the winners.

I just had another look at my rough diagram of the tournament, and what I think would be best is that both go through to the heats, making their heat a three-way clash, while the first repechage is left as just myself vs liamcool. I forgot the repechages were going to be three-way clashes.

So this means that heat 1 will be GG vs [winner of repechage 4], heat 2 will be Screwtape vs Fitz vs Amy, and repechage 1 will be Axver vs liamcool. How does that sound?

By the way, I'll make the diagram of the tourney tonight or tomorrow Axver.

Cool, thanks! I hope it looks better than my rough one! :up:

Axver said:

I honestly don't like the idea of sending them both to the repechage. The repechage is meant to be for the losers, not the winners.

I just had another look at my rough diagram of the tournament, and what I think would be best is that both go through to the heats, making their heat a three-way clash, while the first repechage is left as just myself vs liamcool. I forgot the repechages were going to be three-way clashes.

Cool, thanks! I hope it looks better than my rough one! :up:

Okay. Then let's make the three people who lost by the least play at once and have the top 2 advance.

You have the repechage right but the seeding the tourney itself was going to be random. We can draw DA and Fitz a single entity. Does that make sense?

Why not just let it go until someone votes? :shrug:

EDIT: Why did it have to be locked? Now I look like an idiot. :sigh:

Screwtape2 said:

Okay. Then let's make the three people who lost by the least play at once and have the top 2 advance.

You have the repechage right but the seeding the tourney itself was going to be random. We can draw DA and Fitz a single entity. Does that make sense?

I'll admit, I'm a bit lost.

I'm going to make the new round now, and just say that both Amy and Fitz are going through to the heats, but we haven't yet fully sorted the details on how they'll proceed. The first repechage will remain solely me vs Liam, which I think is a good idea anyway as we're the two remaining prog tracklistings and it can be a battle to see which one qualifies as the heat's entrant.

I would be fine with, IF Axver didn't vote, then he could "cast the final stone" and be the tie-breaker.

That would be ok by me.

(Side Bar: Of course, if he picks dazzlingamy, then I'll really regret ever posting this and curse his name under my breath 'till my dying day! j/k )

:wink:

Oh, heh, I did actually vote, I just forgot to post. I voted for Amy. She had less stuff that I seriously dislike, even though Fitz had An Cat Dubh and some Genesis.

When I voted for her, she was 3 votes behind with about 6 hours to go and I thought Fitz was definitely going to win as we usually don't get many votes in the last few hours!

I suppose that in a way, it's my bloody fault it's a tie. :wink:

FitzChivalry said:

Ahemmm, Ahemmm. A simple, "I voted for Amy," would have sufficed.

You do want me to vote for you in the repechage don't you, Axver?

Hey, you also had some stuff I more strongly liked, such as a much better U2 pick! It's just that only one tracklisting in this round didn't have (for example) Radiohead, and it wasn't yours. :wink:

Question - the email with the tracklistings and links was missing some links. Did some participants not upload their stuff, or are those links coming later?

corianderstem said:
Question - the email with the tracklistings and links was missing some links. Did some participants not upload their stuff, or are those links coming later?

Some people just didn't upload stuff. Liam's saying he might upload his stuff in time for the repechage, but I'm not sure if he actually will or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom