Desert Island Album Game IV: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
Mine is finishing at 23 tracks, 120 minutes.

Damn, that's pretty short. Oh well, brevity worked out for Khanada in the last tournament. Best of luck.

My original draft had 25 tracks. I cut three I felt didn't work, and added one other one, and here we are.

Downloading LeMel's now. 38 minutes to go. :D

Lila64 said:
Don't know if I'll have time to listen to all the lists when the competition begins, but I can give it a shot. Any early lists/links can be sent here: madeleines mom at yahooooooooooooooooooooo

I just like saying yahooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sent.

It wasn't in my original plan, it just worked better with the flow.

And I named Disc 1, Disc 2, and the whole playlist.

My album cover is going to be an original photograph, not sure which one though.

It's a mix of the length + my shit computer.

As of only three days ago, I wouldn't have been able to do it at all, so I'm just happy I can do it.

phillyfan26 said:
It wasn't in my original plan, it just worked better with the flow.

And I named Disc 1, Disc 2, and the whole playlist.

My album cover is going to be an original photograph, not sure which one though.

My cover and title are not indicative of my list at all, but I'll let you guys be the judges of that.

They're a bit similar.

For anyone dealing with protected music, I'm trying out a program that'll convert it to MP3 right now. If it works, I'll let you all know and you can use it. It makes everything so much easier.

Thank fucking God. I'm worried that a few of my tracks wil fall under that category.

phillyfan26 said:
:hug:

Because no one reads the signatures.
usually they automatically get sent out to participants
down.gif
oh well.

The original title of my playlist was absurdly pretentious and overlong. Unfortunately, I had written it over a photo I liked quite a lot but didn't have the original, so I had to scrap it and find a new cover. The one I picked out is an original photo; it's so stark and would have looked so lame with colored writing on it (and black and white writing wouldn't have worked because it's a black and white photo) that I decided to just leave the project untitled. So it's a movie with no title. A stroke of brilliance or sheer laziness. You decide.

KhanadaRhodes said:
how come i haven't been sent any playlists :grumpy:

The lists officially go out in a little over a week. This is merely swapping of those who finished early.

LemonMelon said:
The original title of my playlist was absurdly pretentious and overlong. Unfortunately, I had written it over a photo I liked quite a lot but didn't have the original, so I had to scrap it and find a new cover. The one I picked out is an original photo; it's so stark and would have looked so lame with colored writing on it (and black and white writing wouldn't have worked because it's a black and white photo) that I decided to just leave the project untitled. So it's a movie with no title. A stroke of brilliance or sheer laziness. You decide.

Somewhere in the between.

Speaking of which, I included a ska track in my playlist. Big risk. Could be a great choice, could be a flop. You decide.

YES WE CAN!

KhanadaRhodes said:

usually they automatically get sent out to participants
down.gif
oh well.

Sent.

I honestly did not see the email link in your signature. :der: I think the pink font screwed me up.

phillyfan26 said:
The lists officially go out in a little over a week. This is merely swapping of those who finished early.
ahh i see. well if anyone wants my playlist i can send that too. although urine appreciator, can you download media fire stuff? cuz i know that was the requirement for the competition. if not i can upload to save file (i think i remember you saying you can download that).

phillyfan26 said:

Somewhere in the between.

Speaking of which, I included a ska track in my playlist. Big risk. Could be a great choice, could be a flop. You decide.

YES WE CAN!

I despise ska, but context is important. Our existence depends on it.

LemonMelon said:
Sent.

I honestly did not see the email link in your signature. :der: I think the pink font screwed me up.
yay, new music! :hyper:

it's okay :D like i said, i thought this was just like in the past where the early participants' playlists were sent out; i didn't know you guys were just sending them out yourselves :facepalm:

LemonMelon said:

I despise ska, but context is important. Our existence depends on it.

It's kind of a punk ska song. There's one ska band I listen to, felt they deserved a spot. The context helps the song.

phillyfan26 said:

It's kind of a punk ska song. There's one ska band I listen to, felt they deserved a spot. The context helps the song.

It's not prog.

You lose. Good day, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom