Desert Island Album Game IV: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:

I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of getting additional songs from everybody and then putting together a playlist for it. I really want to get the Master List thread up.

I won't rule it out just yet, however. I'm thinking of all options and will come to some sort of conclusion tonight after work.

One other option you may want to consider is that we could bring back notAxver to round out the numbers like we did in the Prog Island. I have my original Desert Island IV tracklist, the sequel of my Desert Island III tracklist, that could be used.

i could do something this weekend prolly

when would it have to be in by? no time tonight, bout to write a paper. but I could probably do something saturday or sunday.

So, here's where we stand.

We have 19 entries. We're supposed to have 20. Here are our options:

1. One group only has 4 people.
Pro - we would be done with the playlists.
Con - this group would not be involved in one of the rounds and therefore each player would have less votes, which could effect how they do if they make it pass the preliminary round.

2. We do a Supertracklist.
Pro - gives us a 20th entry.
Con - would cause a delay of a few days in getting the Master List thread up, and everyone involved would have to get at least two songs to me ASAP that they left off their own list.

3. I submit a second playlist under a different name.
Pro - gives us a 20th entry.
Con - I'd technically be involved in two playlists.

Thoughts? Or other ideas?

Obviously, the best case scenario would be if we could get one more person.

In the meantime, I'll be sure to get Group 2 up on the site so people can continue to listen to the playlists over the weekend.

If AB can get a list to you this weekend, you could delay posting the master list until Monday and we could have 20.

AtomicBono said:
i could do something this weekend prolly

when would it have to be in by? no time tonight, bout to write a paper. but I could probably do something saturday or sunday.

Only saw this after I submitted my post.

If you could get a playlist to me by Sunday night, that would be ok. I could then post the Master List thread on Monday, and we'd start the competition the following week.

Would that work?

phanan said:
1. One group only has 4 people.
Pro - we would be done with the playlists.
Con - this group would not be involved in one of the rounds and therefore each player would have less votes, which could effect how they do if they make it pass the preliminary round.

That does not sound like a good idea to me. I say give AB a chance to submit by the weekend! We have to listen to all these lists anyway!

phanan said:

Only saw this after I submitted my post.

If you could get a playlist to me by Sunday night, that would be ok. I could then post the Master List thread on Monday, and we'd start the competition the following week.

Would that work?

Yeah, that'd be great. I've been crazy busy with school but I don't have so much going on next week, so I'll definitely have time to put something together this weekend, especially since I already know a lot of what I want :up:

thanks for letting me play again, im excited

AtomicBono said:

Yeah, that'd be great. I've been crazy busy with school but I don't have so much going on next week, so I'll definitely have time to put something together this weekend, especially since I already know a lot of what I want :up:

thanks for letting me play again, im excited

You rock. I'm throwing out a special UNGGGHHH you're way. :wink:

Btw phanan, nice work with the website! :up: Looks so pleasing with the white background and the beautiful pictures. :love:

LemonMelon said:

If your list is as strong as last time, you'll do fine.

Thanks. My list is a lot different this time. I think it reflects some of the ways my musical taste have changed in the last year, but I'm not sure it's a list that will have mass appeal. That's what I get for waiting until the last minute :banghead:

BonoIsMyMuse said:

Thanks. My list is a lot different this time. I think it reflects some of the ways my musical taste have changed in the last year, but I'm not sure it's a list that will have mass appeal. That's what I get for waiting until the last minute :banghead:

I don't think anyone will like my list. I feel a bit bad that everyone has made noice covers and written about the concept. I tried to get mine done in time but with the other half moving abroad, clearing out the house and having lots of school stuff to do my Easter flew by. :sigh:

It's still good fun to do though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom