Desert Island Album Game IV: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I shall have to go before I move away/when school is finished. :D

:wave:

You should do, Friday night is still pretty good...and good luck in the competition madmoiselle*bows*

May the best Belfast person win:wink:

It's weird--the links don't appear at the top of the website when I open it in Firefox, but they do when I use IE. They all worked fine on Firefox on my home computer last night.

I have two Macs at home. On my newer one, everything works fine in both Safari and Firefox, but on my older one, when I use Safari, the links at the top don't appear there, either. Yet they do when I use Firefox. I'm assuming it's because the Safari on the old Mac is an older version.

It works fine on my work laptop in IE.

If anyone is having trouble, just let me know.

Ok so....now I'm super nervous. And I didn't add in the description (my bad), but I realize there are a few songs on my list that are pretty cringe-worthy by Interference standards, but I really needed them on the list, so I hope that's forgivable.

Also, I've already heard from some people that a few of my songs are write-protected. I THOUGHT I fixed that, but if you're having problems, let me know.

Hey, Bono_212--it's only "Atmosphere" by Joy Division. I've been holding off listening to your playlist cuz I didn't wanna listen to it without that one.

Also, Phanan, my album artwork is in the zip folders I uploaded. Is it possible to get that into the site that way or should I e-mail it to you?

Someone was telling me that three or four of the songs on my list were protected, but randomly worked anyways. I'll get a new copy of Atmosphere up later this afternoon

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to try a friend's computer later to upload all my stuff. My computer is dying or something. Poor thing.

Either that or I might try going to my library and doing it. Not sure if either will work, but I'll give it a shot.

Seems that liamcool is nowhere to be found. I don't know if Axver has his email address and wants to find out what's up, or if Varitek really has a playlist going or not. In any event, we still have this final spot to nail down.

Last edited:
Well, liam can't do it, so we've got a little issue. We have one spot open. If anyone who was originally thinking of participating wants to change their mind, just let me know.

Otherwise, we'll have to just have 19 players (with CuteIrishBono and Lancemc still needing to upload their stuff). Group 4 would only have 4 players then. The same thing happened for Desert Island III, and it seemed to work ok, although I'd rather have a full 20.

Or, we could always do a Supertracklist...

phanan said:
Seems that liamcool is nowhere to be found. I don't know if Axver has his email address and wants to find out what's up, or if Varitek really has a playlist going or not. In any event, we still have this final spot to nail down.

Liam hasn't been on AIM in a while. I'll drop him an e-mail but he seems to not be online much at all at the moment.

In the postwhorehouse, Vazza's mentioned that she has at least a tracklist under development. Not sure how soon she'll have that finished though.

Ah, OK, I clearly missed that. I wasn't around for a good bit of today.

Supertracklist, perhaps? That's always been interesting. Though I certainly can't be the one to organise it, as I'm fairly run off my feet at the moment.

Screwtape2 said:

It is where everyone sends some tracks and someone puts together in a cohesive tracklist.

Phanan, I'll do it.

I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of getting additional songs from everybody and then putting together a playlist for it. I really want to get the Master List thread up.

I won't rule it out just yet, however. I'm thinking of all options and will come to some sort of conclusion tonight after work.

Good stuff with the site phanan and thanks for the e-mail too. Listening to another mix tonight :up:

phanan said:

I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of getting additional songs from everybody and then putting together a playlist for it. I really want to get the Master List thread up.

I won't rule it out just yet, however. I'm thinking of all options and will come to some sort of conclusion tonight after work.

My advice then is to just have a group of four.

Screwtape2 said:

My advice then is to just have a group of four.

Awww, too bad. The additional playlist sounded fun. Ah well. I am currently listening to your playlist. I like the start of it quite a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom