Desert Island Album Game IV: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't actually consider Toxic bad:D...hmmm but I guess Britney is the right strand of thought to be thinking.

LemonMelon said:

Worse. Much, much worse.

:sad:

Hey...good memories there, that was one of my favourite albums back in 1999 :wink:. (Along with Britney's debut....right...I'm walking away now...)

LemonMelon said:

Could you appreciate the music video?

If not, I could ask you the same question.

I could appreciate A LOT of music videos. That doesn't make the song good.

I'm still having major upload problems for some reason. Something to do with my school network security probably. Hopefully tonight though, maybe tomorrow.

Lancemc said:
I'm still having major upload problems for some reason. Something to do with my school network security probably. Hopefully tonight though, maybe tomorrow.

fail.jpg

phanan, any chance the symphonic mini-album thing could appear on that site?

i got my ass kicked out the door, but it'd be nice to see on there.

I might add them at some point.

So while we wait for the last few to come in, the Master List thread will be delayed. However, I have posted Group 1 up on the website now. Since they'll be the first to go (with the exception of Screwtape, being in the fifth spot), you'll want to start listening to their stuff first anyway.

And when I post the Master List, the groups will be listed, as well as the tentative schedule and a full explanation of how the tournament will go.

Bah, I was hoping for a Screwtape/LemonMelon rematch. :madspit: Last one came down to a single vote. :wink: Seriously, that would rock. :up:

As for group 1, I'm especially looking forward to pfan vs. bono_212. :yes: Their lists are probably the most similar in the group from a musical (if not structural) standpoint, and should be a lot of fun.

Screwtape's list totally owns group 1. Damn that's some good music there. :drool:

Zootlesque said:

Have you heard that Spice Girls song to make a comment? :wink:

Yes, I have. :wink: I see what she was going for, but it didn't work for me. Latin-flavored balladry into October...very strange choice there. :shrug:

LemonMelon said:
Yes, I have. :wink: I see what she was going for, but it didn't work for me. Latin-flavored balladry into October...very strange choice there. :shrug:

Okay so you have actually heard the song! :ohmy: :up::up:

Zootlesque said:

Okay so you have actually heard the song! :ohmy: :up::up:

There are worse pop artists out there than the Spice Girls. Lemonchick would know about those. :wink:

I do have a few pop pleasures of my own (Toxic, Since U Been Gone :reject:, along with countless 60's pop hits), but I don't like many them enough to include them on one of my lists.

My artwork and album titles are my favorite part of my whole playlist...

...if I can ever get the shit uploaded.

the tourist said:
LJT and Bono212 need to make some artwork. :mad:

:wink:

Bah humbug...I may get some artwork done if it can still be submitted...

I barely had time to put together my playlist. I thought I'd have more free time over the Easter holidays but those two weeks flew by. :(

LJT said:

Bah humbug...I may get some artwork done if it can still be submitted...

Belfawst drinking hatspats as a concept. Class. :heart:

Twas the only thing I could think of...initially it was going to be Stiff Kitten/ Limelight...didn't seem to fit the music as well though.

Last edited:
I've not been to Stiff Kitten. I picked one of my songs because I always hear it when I go to Slimers (I haven't been in abut two years though). Good times. :up:

Limelight has been horrible lately...Saturday night they were showing Hostel on the projector screens...twas a bit wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom