Desert Island Album Game IV: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh is this great timing or what? Is there any way I can go in impy's place? I even have a 60 min playlist ready to go!

ETA: Oh looks like Gibson Girl was the alternate? Never mind then.

Last edited:
In case GG can't do it... is a 60 min tracklist okay? I'm not sure about those double cd ones. Do you guys honestly have the time and patience to listen to so many double CD playlists? :crack: Or maybe I should just wait for that symphonic game or space moon or whatever.

Zoots, if you're interested, you can have my place. I've put most of a list together, but I think it's based on a really corny concept, and I'm sort of embarrassed by it. I've had a lot going on with work lately, so I haven't had time to work on it much. It's definitely not my best effort, and I'm not sure if I'd have time to do another one by tomorrow night. I didn't want to drop out at the last minute, but if there's someone who could easily take my place, I wouldn't feel so bad about it.

If there's someone who can take my place by 5 tomorrow, I'll bow out. Otherwise, I'll finish my list and get it in probably just before the deadline tomorrow night.

I was really looking forward to this, but my life has been really chaotic lately :banghead:

phanan said:
I would get one ready just in case GG can't do it, or if someone else drops out before tomorrow. You never know.

GG, if you see this, you're in.

Zoots can take my spot - I've thought about it, and I really don't think I can listen to all these playlists, what with my exams coming up. :sad:

Zoots, these are the standard 160 minute compilations that we're doing here, so that wouldn't cut it. I'd wait for the next smaller competition that is only 80 minutes long or so, whatever that will be.

Looks like Screwtape is back, so he can take impy13's spot.

BonoIsMyMuse, while some people do like creating a concept or theme to go with their playlist, remember it's not mandatory. Feel free to come up with a playlist you like without one. I basically don't have one this time around.

I'd encourage you to go ahead and use it, or to make some last minute revisions to the parts you don't like.

I'd get one ready just in case, but I get the feeling I might have a few more people dropping out over the course of the day today, and if I get down to 16 people, I'll just go with four groups of four then.

If nobody else drops out, I'll add you to the last group so we still have 20.

Ah, it's the usual rule of late submissions. Happens every single time. Mine's uploading now, so hopefully I'll at least make the deadline.

Nearly done just uploading now, Phanan you should have mine soon enough!

This has actually been my easiest playlist to create:D I've been putting songs into a playlist since the last competition, all I had to really do was a bit of editing and the odd switch, but it's pretty much the same as what I had it already for months.

I should have time to get a playlist done tonight. I busted my ass for work all weekend, so I'm taking tonight off, I think. I'm starting over, though. I have a reputation to maintain :wink:

Guys... I'd like to be an alternate juuust in case there are any absolute last minute dropouts. Today all of a sudden I feel like doing this and I'm ready to bang out a 160 min playlist this evening... but not at the cost of somebody else's place of course. So just let me know. I'll be here. :shifty:

I'll let you know later tonight, Zoots, depending on how things are going.

Didn't really get around to the site until the other day, so I'll get it up tonight. It's nothing fancy or anything, just a basic setup for what we are doing here.

I'm converting my protected files right now.

Due to being busy, I've still only listened to one playlist so far. Hopefully, with a relatively free week, I can bang out five or six by the end of the week. That's unlikely, but we'll see.

I'm converting my files as well and then uploading via my ridiculously fast school wireless. :drool: It should be submitted within the hour. :up:

Sent my playlist in. Just finishing uploading two or three songs to Media Fire.

Damn large size. It spent an hour downloading just to tell me it was too big, and now I have to go back, split it, and re-upload all over again.

As always, technology sucks.

One last question: I know how to make .rar files, but not .zip files. I know WinZip and WinRAR can open .rar files, but I have no idea whether or not Windows' zip program can open them.

Does my upload need to be done in .zip format or can I just send you the upload I've already done with .rar files?

phillyfan26 said:
Damn large size. It spent an hour downloading just to tell me it was too big, and now I have to go back, split it, and re-upload all over again.

As always, technology sucks.

What site are you using to upload with? You don't have to use mediafire...

Yeah, media fire. It's all working now. I was just pissed that it didn't tell me from the beginning of uploading that it was too big. It's fine now, I just split it into the two discs for the links.

Do people want mine early? I mean, it's official in 2.5 hours, but still. Should I forward it to others?

DaveC said:
One last question: I know how to make .rar files, but not .zip files. I know WinZip and WinRAR can open .rar files, but I have no idea whether or not Windows' zip program can open them.

Does my upload need to be done in .zip format or can I just send you the upload I've already done with .rar files?

.zip or .rar is fine.

Alright, I e-mailed mine to everyone who posted their e-mail. What the hell, maybe one person will benefit from it being early, M I RITE?? :hi5:

Phana, let me know if you receive it so I can break out a bottle of champagne to celebrate my uploading success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom