Desert Island Album Game IV: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by phanan
As I stated before, although I initially said one week, it would most likely expand into a longer time frame to make sure everyone gets to listen first.

We're in no rush.

:slant:

If this is the case, I might have to drop out. I'm probably going to be leaving for Manitoba in the first or second week of May (the Army is sending me, so I don't have much choice in the matter), and I'll have little to no internet access. Can we decide this soon, so that if I can't do this, someone else has enough time to take my place?

DaveC said:

If this is the case, I might have to drop out. I'm probably going to be leaving for Manitoba in the first or second week of May (the Army is sending me, so I don't have much choice in the matter), and I'll have little to no internet access. Can we decide this soon, so that if I can't do this, someone else has enough time to take my place?

Do you have to be here for your entry to still compete? Wouldn't it solely mean that you wouldn't be able to vote in the final rounds? What if your playlist gets knocked out early anyway and it doesn't matter? :wink:

DaveC said:

In theory, you could rank the playlists after you listen, give that ranking to Phanan, and then all of your voting could be done based off your rankings once you leave.

phillyfan26 said:

In theory, you could rank the playlists after you listen, give that ranking to Phanan, and then all of your voting could be done based off your rankings once you leave.

But who would vote for him....?

Phanan could create an alter, approved by the mods, with the sole purpose of submitting Dave's vote.

Or, it could be simply added manually to the score, with Phanan reporting Dave's vote right after starting each vote.

DaveC said:

If you're not leaving until May, you've got plenty of time. I anticipate starting the tournament around April 14 or so, and even if people haven't heard every playlist at that point, they'll be able to follow the schedule and listen to remaining playlists before they debut in the competition. It shouldn't be an issue to listen to them all.

And the competition itself only lasts a few weeks, so if we started on April 14, we'd actually finish around May 5. The worst that could happen is you miss the voting for the last few rounds, and in those cases, I could just manually add your vote to the totals.

So you should be ok.

So let's say someone forgot to add a song to their play list...and let's say that that person already turned in their list...and let's say that the deadline hasn't passed yet...what would that someone do?

Hey Phanan. Since I'm not premium anymore I couldn't PM you and had to reach you this way... Can you tell me where the following tracks are supposed to go in your Connections album from a previous DI thread..

Kraftwerk's Model
Editors All Sparks
PT Lazarus
Blackfield Christenings

Everything else is in the right order. I'm listening to your playlist again and I would hate to listen to it in the wrong order. :wink:

Zootlesque said:
Hey Phanan. Since I'm not premium anymore I couldn't PM you and had to reach you this way... Can you tell me where the following tracks are supposed to go in your Connections album from a previous DI thread..

Kraftwerk's Model
Editors All Sparks
PT Lazarus
Blackfield Christenings

Everything else is in the right order. I'm listening to your playlist again and I would hate to listen to it in the wrong order. :wink:

If you had asked me this tomorrow, I would have been able to direct you to the new website I'm doing for Desert Island, but I haven't finished it yet, so here you go:

1. Moby - "Hymn" - Everything Is Wrong (3:17)
2. Gorillaz - "Last Living Souls" - Demon Days (3:11)
3. Royksopp - "Remind Me (Someone Else's Mix) - Melody A.M. (Bonus Disc) (3:41)
4. Kraftwerk - "The Model" - The Man Machine (3:40)
5. INXS - "The Stairs" - X (4:57)
6. Crowded House - "World Where You Live" - Crowded House (3:05)
7. The Beatles - "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" - Help! (2:08)
8. Blur - "The Universal" - The Best Of Blur (3:59)
9. Snow Patrol - "Chocolate" - Final Straw (3:11)
10. Mew - "Snow Brigade" - Frengers (4:20)
11. Echo & The Bunnymen - "Seven Seas" - Ocean Rain (3:20)
12. Coldplay - "Sleeping Sun" - Talk single (3:08)
13. Blackfield - "Christenings" - Blackfield II (4:38)
14. Anathema - "Anyone, Anywhere" - Judgement (4:51)
15. Elton John - "Talking Old Soldiers" - Tumbleweed Connection (4:05)
16. Dire Straits - "The Man's Too Strong" - Brothers In Arms (4:39)
17. The Arcade Fire - "Keep The Car Running" - Neon Bible (3:29)
18. Guster - "Barrel Of A Gun" - Lost And Gone Forever (3:12)
19. Fleetwood Mac - "Never Going Back Again" - Rumours (2:15)
20. Led Zeppelin - "Bron-Yr-Aur" - Physical Graffiti (2:07)
21. Bruce Springsteen - "Shut Out The Light" - Tracks (3:53)
22. Editors - "All Sparks" - The Back Room (3:33)
23. The Samples - "Everytime" - The Last Drag (4:19)
24. Porcupine Tree - "Lazarus" - Deadwing (4:19)
25. Mute Math - "Control" - Reset EP (4:37)
26. Interpol - "C'mere" - Antics (3:12)
27. Stars - "Ageless Beauty" - Set Yourself On Fire (4:05)
28. The White Stripes - "You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told)" - Icky Thump (3:54)
29. The Rolling Stones - "Street Fighting Man" - Beggars Banquet (3:15)
30. The Who - "Behind Blue Eyes" - Who's Next (3:41)
31. Pink Floyd - "Hey You" - The Wall (4:41)
32. Radiohead - "Let Down" - OK Computer (5:00)
33. U2 - "The Ground Beneath Her Feet" - Million Dollar Hotel (3:44)
34. Pure Reason Revolution - "The Exact Colour" - The Dark Third (4:04)
35. The Postal Service - "Such Great Heights" - Give Up (4:27)
36. Yes - "Evensong" - Union (0:52)
37. Slowdive - "Machine Gun" - Souvlaki (4:27)
38. Sigur Ros - "Refur" - Saeglopur (2:43)
39. Passengers - "Slug" - Original Soundracks I (4:42)
40. Ride - "Vapour Trail" - Nowhere (4:17)
41. R.E.M. - "Find The River" - Automatic For The People (3:50)
42. Alcest - "Tir Nan Og" - Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde (6:10)
Total time: 2:38:55

Okay, cool beans.

My mail service said it was rejected, so I re-sent it anyway just in case.

Hi! We would like to have some clarifications on a few things:

1) I'm using a live version of a song and after it has been finished, the last 30 seconds of the track has the artist telling the crowd about changing guitars and talking about what song he will play next. Can we edit this out?

2) Can we divvy up the tracks in any way we wish? What I mean is can we create sub-lists of any length/as many sub-lists as we want? All as long as all the music remains under the limit, of course.

1. As long as the song itself isn't edited in any way, I'm ok with this.

2. You can create as many sub-lists as you want. It doesn't have to be two 80 minute CDs or one long iPod playlist - it can be any combination you want as long as the total time doesn't exceed 160 minutes.

So far, I have received playlists from the following:

KhanadaRhodes
LemonMelon
LemonMacPhisto
bono_212
Lemonchick & Irishteen
the tourist

Remember, all playlists are due to me on Monday night at 10pm EST (Tuesday in other parts of the world), so make sure you get them to me on time.

I'll be putting mine together tonight. Let's ignore what that says about my social life that this is how I'll be spending my Friday night :reject:

Mine's done, but I'm having some uploading issues. Hopefully they get resolved this weekend.

I'm still trying to think of last two or three songs. Things have been a bit busy here and I would have liked to have more time to put it together. Phanan has 4 or 5 songs that I wanted to put on my playlist, think I only decided to put two of them on mine though.

I hate doing this on such short notice, but there's no way I'll be able to take part in this one. I have way too much on my plate right now.

Sorry, gang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom