Desert Island Album Game IV: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sent my list. Currently uploading them to mediafire. Who do I send those links to? Phanan? Or do I post them?

You send everything to Phanan and if you want to send it out to a few people early a few have posted their e-mails over the last few pages

And if you want any early entries sent to you leave your e-mail

Alright. My uploading will probably occur in a couple of days. I've compressed all my non-protected files, I'm going to try the converter LMP recommended either later tonight or tomorrow.

I'm downloading LMP's playlist now, giving LM's a listen this evening. Will download a few more either tonight or tomorrow.

How do I open an RAR file? LMP's list is in that format, and I can't get it opened.

The one at the very top - "WinRAR 3.71"

Unless you have the urge to download one in Albanian.

Excellent. Thanks.

Hopefully no one in my family goes snooping my file with all of these downloads. :shifty:

I've decided to take notes on the playlists. It's the only way I'll really have a good idea going into the voting.

So far I've been sent links from bono_212 and the Irishteen / Lemonchick conglomerate, but I'd really appreciate any more advance links from those who have finished early:

monkeyskin@hotmail.com

There really is no way I'll have time to listen to 20 160-minute playlists in just one week.

I'm trying to do one a day during weekdays, though this might not be possible with my schedule.

It's going to take me a while to upload my list due to my slow computer, but I've begun the process. I'm hoping I can have it uploaded by tomorrow, but more likely later in the week.

But there's really no need to ahve every playlist listened to before the competition starts is there?

monkeyskin said:
So far I've been sent links from bono_212 and the Irishteen / Lemonchick conglomerate, but I'd really appreciate any more advance links from those who have finished early:

monkeyskin@hotmail.com

There really is no way I'll have time to listen to 20 160-minute playlists in just one week.

bono_212 said:
But there's really no need to ahve every playlist listened to before the competition starts is there?

As I stated before, although I initially said one week, it would most likely expand into a longer time frame to make sure everyone gets to listen first.

We're in no rush.

phanan said:

As I stated before, although I initially said one week, it would most likely expand into a longer time frame to make sure everyone gets to listen first.

We're in no rush.

I'd say 2-4 weeks, personally....

We'll see how it goes. If the majority are ready in a certain amount of time, we'll proceed.

And remember, I have to get the groups together. So based on the order of the competition, if there are playlists people haven't heard yet, they can see the schedule and know when a certain playlist is up and plan accordingly. I hope to have the groups announced in the next day or so.

Alrighty then, I must have missed that earlier post about extending the gap between submission date and voting. People seem to be making a big effort on their lists and I didn't want to overlook that by not being able to listen to them all properly.

Hope I didn't seem pushy, but I really am looking forward to hearing these playlists.

I was pushed in here by Irishteen...:wink:

If I could have the links please: trau0061 (at) umn.edu

I think your song choice was very good. I mean, your list has a lot of songs, and they are for the most part of a consistently high quality.

Unfortunately, I was too busy today to download anymore lists, so LM's the only one that I've reviewed.

Well, thanks Danimal. I wanted my concept to be relateable and human, and part of that is keeping things familiar and accessible on the song front. Once things start crossing over into emo navel-gazing, the humanity is lost, and things get indulgent. To that end, my list may actually be a bit too overcooked and crowd-pleasing, without the obscure gems that can be a real hook for some people. But, on the other hand, there are just so many great songs of every genre on it that I think people will really love it and gravitate towards it more often than not. It's part of the gamble you take.

Anyone else having serious problems with mediafire? I keep getting 40-60mb into my upload and then it goes to the "website can't be found" error page on my browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom