Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2007, 01:40 AM   #76
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono
SINCE U BEEN GONE YEEEEAHHHH YEEAAHAHHH

sucient genius
See, Axver? AtomicBono gets it.

I tease and cajole, prod and whine because I care.

I'm off to bed. Must rest up for the first day of above 90 temps. Seattle does not do well in such weather, and I fare even worse.

Visions of playlists dancing in my head ...

Old 07-10-2007, 01:40 AM   #77
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
I think I have a U2 version of that song somewhere (maybe more like a snippet)
Didn't Edge do it as one of his karaoke songs on Popmart?

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
I wondering whether the newcomers should represent one half of the bracket so that they can be sure to send someone to the final or have mixed brackets. What do you all think?
I favour mixed brackets, but in such a way that one newbie is guaranteed to make the semis.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-10-2007, 01:40 AM   #78
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:17 AM
I don't think newcomers should have any advantage or disadvantage. Shouldn't the playing field be even so to speak?
Old 07-10-2007, 01:43 AM   #79
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:17 AM
I think the file-sharing is still a huge problem for these lists. I tried pretty hard to upload my list, as most other contestants did, yet at the same time, to be perfectly honest, I didn't download every single song from every tracklist either. It's just a pain in the ass, mostly do to sucking ginormous balls. It reorders the tracks to their liking, and it takes forever to piece together the tracklists again.

It's also completely not-condusive for me iTunes setting, since it just dumps hundreds of new artists in my iTunes collection with just one album and one song often listed. My iTunes is heavily organized around full albums and artists, so it's a huge pain in the ass (Major OCD here, not entirely my own fault). I'm not sure how I'm going to get around that this time, if I can at all. Maybe I'll just abstain from voting if I have to go through all that again.

At the same time, not entirely sure there even is a better way to do that.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:43 AM   #80
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
I don't think newcomers should have any advantage or disadvantage. Shouldn't the playing field be even so to speak?
Well, it's just that if two whole groups are newbies, then if we use a basic progression and those two groups are Group A and B or C and D, you're guaranteed to get one in the final. You'd need to mix it up to remove that advantage.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-10-2007, 01:44 AM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

I favour mixed brackets, but in such a way that one newbie is guaranteed to make the semis.
Okay. I've set up the groups with who we have so far and it is pretty interesting.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:45 AM   #82
Blue Crack Distributor

Yes, the Sweet Caroline I have is with Edge singing, listening now. So good so good SO GOOD!
Old 07-10-2007, 01:46 AM   #83
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc
I think the file-sharing is still a huge problem for these lists. I tried pretty hard to upload my list, as most other contestants did, yet at the same time, to be perfectly honest, I didn't download every single song from every tracklist either. It's just a pain in the ass, mostly do to sucking ginormous balls. It reorders the tracks to their liking, and it takes forever to piece together the tracklists again.

It's also completely not-condusive for me iTunes setting, since it just dumps hundreds of new artists in my iTunes collection with just one album and one song often listed. My iTunes is heavily organized around full albums and artists, so it's a huge pain in the ass (Major OCD here, not entirely my own fault). I'm not sure how I'm going to get around that this time, if I can at all. Maybe I'll just abstain from voting if I have to go through all that again.

Well, at least this time, we're avoiding send space's painfulness by going for larger ZIP files on media fire. Sure, that means some people will end up with doubles, but it makes things so much more quicker.

To avoid the iTunes problem, I simply open the tracklists in a different media player. I'm pretty obsessive with how my music is ordered too (you should see my external hard drive!) and I use iTunes normally, but for the tracklists, I open them in order in WinAmp. If I really like a new song, only then does it get to move to the external hard drive and to iTunes.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-10-2007, 01:48 AM   #84
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

Well, it's just that if two whole groups are newbies, then if we use a basic progression and those two groups are Group A and B or C and D, you're guaranteed to get one in the final. You'd need to mix it up to remove that advantage.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:50 AM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Well, at least this time, we're avoiding send space's painfulness by going for larger ZIP files on media fire. Sure, that means some people will end up with doubles, but it makes things so much more quicker.

To avoid the iTunes problem, I simply open the tracklists in a different media player. I'm pretty obsessive with how my music is ordered too (you should see my external hard drive!) and I use iTunes normally, but for the tracklists, I open them in order in WinAmp. If I really like a new song, only then does it get to move to the external hard drive and to iTunes.
Sounds like a great solution.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:50 AM   #86
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc

No offense to Meg'sLegs or Screwtape, but I had to re-name/number their songs to fit my iTunes scheme, which gets kind of tedious, but hey, it's not required. My iTunes OCD is killing me.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:58 AM   #87
Blue Crack Distributor

I still have to remove all the zip files and extracted songs from the previous games off of my computer That includes hubby's too, though I did get some Marillion & Yes & Genesis added, which I was too lazy to do prior to the Prog round. They're on my computer, but still have yet to make it to the iPod.

Baby steps
Old 07-10-2007, 01:59 AM   #88
ONE
love, blood, life

I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.

Please add me to the list, submissions on the way in a couple minutes.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:00 AM   #89
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:17 AM
I need to watch that movie again.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:15 AM   #90
Blue Crack Distributor

(yes, different movie I know)

Tags
desert island