Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread - Page 56 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2007, 02:30 AM   #826
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:15 AM
screwtape I just finished the first half of your playlist... I actually expected not to like it, but wow, was I wrong. Absolutely beautiful. I still think it's ridiculous that out of all the wonderful songs U2 has to offer you chose... Beautiful Ghost but amazing playlist. Really did take me to another place.

I noticed you used a lot of soundtrack stuff...I've been in a soundtrack kinda mood lately. I think I'll use some stuff from soundtracks for my next playlist

Old 07-24-2007, 03:00 AM   #827
45:33

Local Time: 12:15 AM
Wow I sleep and come back a day later and suddenly a mini comp has arisen. This rocks. I will take part. Still a liiiitle worried about the concept/artistic thing, but I think I can work with that. And I suppose just throwing together a bunch of songs and submitting them does sort of defeat the purpose a bit as you could just pick a bunch of random songs.

Screwtape

woot woot

Old 07-24-2007, 06:54 AM   #828
45:33

Local Time: 12:15 AM
I'm excited now!
Old 07-24-2007, 08:38 PM   #829
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:15 PM
Screwtape... this woman's work is so magical at the end of your playlist! Honestly, for all the hype that Hounds of Love receives, I think The Sensual World is much better!
Old 07-25-2007, 12:53 AM   #830
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono
screwtape I just finished the first half of your playlist... I actually expected not to like it, but wow, was I wrong. Absolutely beautiful. I still think it's ridiculous that out of all the wonderful songs U2 has to offer you chose... Beautiful Ghost but amazing playlist. Really did take me to another place.

I noticed you used a lot of soundtrack stuff...I've been in a soundtrack kinda mood lately. I think I'll use some stuff from soundtracks for my next playlist
What do you mean you thought you wouldn't like it? Thank you though. Beautiful Ghost is a great song by the way.

I think soundtrack peices are great when it comes to creating atmosphere and mood.

Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque
Screwtape... this woman's work is so magical at the end of your playlist! Honestly, for all the hype that Hounds of Love receives, I think The Sensual World is much better!
I love both albums but the second side of Hounds of Love makes it her second best record behind The Dreaming. Waking The Witch, Watching You Without Me and Hello Earth. The Sensual World is by far her most beautiful though. It is reminds me of Scarlet's Walk in that catching femininity in a bottle sort of way.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:09 AM   #831
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:15 AM
I've been trying to download the songs and listening while working the last few days. Some interesting, some not so much my style, etc. I think I'm on Bono's Lemon right now. Just heard a Snow Patrol track into a cover of Tears For Fears' 'Mad World' by Gary Jules.

I'm getting most of the tracks, but the other computer always has one track that is corrupt in the zip files. Luckily I had the Oasis song already from someone's track listing (Cigarettes & Alcohol).

I think I'll try & upload mine before bed tonight. We shall see...
Old 07-25-2007, 01:11 AM   #832
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

What do you mean you thought you wouldn't like it? Thank you though. Beautiful Ghost is a great song by the way.

I think soundtrack peices are great when it comes to creating atmosphere and mood.

Well I didn't know a lot of the artists, and I dunno, I guess I just didn't think it'd be my style. But I really think you created an amazing journey and yea soundtracks are baller. I've gotten a few recently.

still gotta disagree with you about beautiful ghost though...I don't like Bono's voice in it. He sounds weird
Old 07-25-2007, 01:19 AM   #833
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:15 AM
Okay, when is the deadline actually then?
Old 07-25-2007, 01:22 AM   #834
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13
Okay, when is the deadline actually then?
The deadline is the 31st.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:56 AM   #835
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
The Interference Symphonic Album Game

Contestants create an album 60-80 minutes long. Each is required to have a title, cover, concept or story and has to be artistic. This game will take place between the Desert Island Games. They will feature 16 players (the exact setup has no yet been determined.) It will also feature critic's choice awards. The idea is that a contestant create an album featuring different artists. On must create a concept album that features either a story or heavy concept (ie. Pink Floyd's Animals or Passengers.) So creativity is a must. The one artist limit applies but the no repeat tracks rule does not. You would have until the end of August to submit your entry for this mini-game.
okay i already have a concept for this so no one better steal my idea
Old 07-25-2007, 03:00 AM   #836
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:15 AM
Quote:

The deadline is the 31st.

Well, can you and Axy ignore the tracklist I hastily mailed in today? I want to retool it. I'll be able to send a final draft with links and all that for sure by the 31st.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:39 PM   #837
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13

Well, can you and Axy ignore the tracklist I hastily mailed in today? I want to retool it. I'll be able to send a final draft with links and all that for sure by the 31st.
That's fine.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:23 AM   #838
Blue Crack Distributor

Just sent off an email to Axver, Screwtape and phanan. One less thing for me to worry about
Old 07-26-2007, 01:23 PM   #839
Blue Crack Addict

From a first glance, your list looks pretty good Lila.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:25 PM   #840
Blue Crack Distributor

thanks

Tags
desert island