Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
2. You may only use ONE song by any particular artist. In this rule, we are concerned with one continuous song; if the song is split into separate tracks or movements (e.g. to fit on vinyl), all tracks or movements may be included. However, if you wish to do this, please clear it with the organisers first. For the sake of this tournament, Passengers will be considered to be a separate artist to U2.

Can I choose a U2 song and a COVER of a U2 song, performed by a different artist? Or would that be considered two songs by any particular artist?

Re: Re: Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

corianderstem said:

Can I choose a U2 song and a COVER of a U2 song, performed by a different artist? Or would that be considered two songs by any particular artist?

That would be a bit of a stretch. I think the spirit of the rule would suggest that that would be multiple songs by an artist.

AtomicBono said:

please give me the tracklisting? i have a soul imo

but yeah that R2D2 pic... :lol:
Well the second disc is called VIBRABOXXX: The Love Above. It's uplifting songs. The first disc is a concept dance album with some oddball curves screwed in.

Canadiens1160 said:
Well the second disc is called VIBRABOXXX: The Love Above. It's uplifting songs. The first disc is a concept dance album with some oddball curves screwed in.

is HAY HAY U U I DONT LIEK UR GF an uplifting song? :wink:

... concept :drool:

Re: Re: Re: Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

Screwtape2 said:

That would be a bit of a stretch. I think the spirit of the rule would suggest that that would be multiple songs by an artist.

Interesting. I don't look at it the same way. It shouldn't be the same performer more than once. So if U2 is on there, and then a completely different artist is on there covering a U2 song, I would think that would be acceptable.

Canadiens1160 said:
Nah it was a lot of chamber pop mixed in with some electronica.

well. I personally think your creativity should not be stifled. If that is truly your soul, then it should be heard.

existence¿ //butadream . . .

Re: Re: Re: Re: Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

phanan said:
Interesting. I don't look at it the same way. It shouldn't be the same performer more than once. So if U2 is on there, and then a completely different artist is on there covering a U2 song, I would think that would be acceptable.

I agree with this.

FitzChivalry said:
Atomic, please tell me you have some Bloc Party in your tracklist! :pray:

:wink:

of course, they're probably my second favourite band :wink:

right now I've got Pioneers on there. There are more upbeat songs that I could have gone with (Hunting for Witches :drool: ), but Pioneers is my absolute favourite and the transition after Tool's Parabola is perfect because Parabola ends on harmonics and then Pioneers starts with them :drool:

You know, this one song per artist rule sucks! I don't understand why it has to be only one per artist. Isn't it supposed to be whatever we're taking with us to a deserted island? And if we want 2 songs from the Beatles on it, so what?

Zootlesque said:
You know, this one song per artist rule sucks! I don't understand why it has to be only one per artist. Isn't it supposed to be whatever we're taking with us to a deserted island? And if we want 2 songs from the Beatles on it, so what?

As I've said before, if you think of this album as a mixtape, then that rule makes a lot more sense. If you're making a mix for someone, do you usually load it with a lot from one artist? I know I'd want it to be a sampler of my tastes to someone else, which is what this contest in essense really is, at least in my estimation. :up:

Mike's entry, oh my God. :lmao:

Zootlesque said:

The rule was put in place because in the first game there would be a couple artists that were featured four or more times on a playlist. Some lists went even further *cough* Liamcool *cough*. When a person is limited to one song per artist it makes their list more diverse and a lot better. I wasn't around for the first game but I'm sure anyone who was would tell you that the lists in the second game really improved because of this rule.

Zootlesque said:

I like the one artist rule...because if it was simply a mix of my favourite songs, half of my playlist would be the album Pop :wink:

but seriously there were so many songs I wanted to include that I'm glad that rule exists...seriously when I made my list of all the songs I wanted I had over 60 artists :crazy:

Oh okay. :wink: I just can't open the album with Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane now. :grumpy: :shifty:

LMP, I'm dying to know what was on Mike's list! :scream:

Zootlesque said:
Oh okay. :wink: I just can't open the album with Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane now. :grumpy: :shifty:

LMP, I'm dying to know what was on Mike's list! :scream:

Oh me too, but the samples he put up were still hilarious.

R2-DICK2.

I'd like to see him really compete though. :up:

For all the excitement that surrounded the last game and the overflow of people wanting to play, the fact that the list hasn't filled up in almost a day is...disappointing, to say the least. The fact that only 9 if the 24 contestants in the last game are signed up is also a bit disappointing. There were a lot of playlists that were really going somewhere different. A lot of those people aren't signed up. I mean where is everybody from DI2? :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom