Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lila64 said:
039_31742.jpg
:wink: (yes, different movie I know)

My most recent Interland picture is of that pose.

Bill Murray is the best.

Canadiens1160 said:
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.
I will enter.

Please add me to the list, submissions on the way in a couple minutes.

Yes, someone's gonna have some muthafuckin' Daft Punk in this business. :drool:

So what if a song I would like to use hasn't been officially released yet? The album it's on comes out August 14th but since the competition starts before then does that mean I have to exclude it?

Bonos_Lemon said:
So what if a song I would like to use hasn't been officially released yet? The album it's on comes out August 14th but since the competition starts before then does that mean I have to exclude it?

This was a point of contention prior to the previous game too. My stance is that we have to be able to confirm that the song used is in fact the song in question. Now, I download leaks all the time and am yet to download incorrectly labelled material, but I know plenty of people who have. So I think it's necessary for a copy to be available that can be definitively said to be the real deal.

Here's an illustration. Vertigo was released to radio on 24 September 2004 but not in any official format for a month. Now, had someone used a leaked copy of it in a competition that began on 23 September 2004 or earlier, I would have vetoed it as we cannot demonstrate it is actually Vertigo. But if someone used it in a game starting on 24 September 2004 or later, I would be cool with it as it's on radio and we can hear that what the person is using is the actual song that will soon be available legally.

Some other people here may just say that criteria is too wordy and difficult and any song unreleased on the start date of the game is out. That's what we did last time.

OK, I will spell it out for you.

I am going to participate in this event in which case I shall make a tracklisting greater than any man has ever seen.

Thank you, good night..™

Neither of you are competing as I don't trust you to be serious for even a minute.

Axver said:
Neither of you are competing as I don't trust you to be serious for even a minute.
Even though I had to click through an ignore box to read that, you'll find everything in order in my competition submission sent to you and the lovely Screwtape. Also included is album art for the competition post.

Download links from Media fire are coming up later today. I will forward them to you both.

Listeners will be glad to know that they can simply drag my tracks into iTunes, and my two-disc set will be listed under the genre "Blue Crack". No hunting for tracks :wave:

Axver said:

This was a point of contention prior to the previous game too. My stance is that we have to be able to confirm that the song used is in fact the song in question. Now, I download leaks all the time and am yet to download incorrectly labelled material, but I know plenty of people who have. So I think it's necessary for a copy to be available that can be definitively said to be the real deal.

Here's an illustration. Vertigo was released to radio on 24 September 2004 but not in any official format for a month. Now, had someone used a leaked copy of it in a competition that began on 23 September 2004 or earlier, I would have vetoed it as we cannot demonstrate it is actually Vertigo. But if someone used it in a game starting on 24 September 2004 or later, I would be cool with it as it's on radio and we can hear that what the person is using is the actual song that will soon be available legally.

Some other people here may just say that criteria is too wordy and difficult and any song unreleased on the start date of the game is out. That's what we did last time.

Actually, I just found out that the song in question was released on iTunes so no worries :)

2 hours and 40 minutes seems like a long time, but I'm already up to over three hours. I'm working on my transitions, then I'll pare away what I need to :crack:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
2 hours and 40 minutes seems like a long time, but I'm already up to over three hours. I'm working on my transitions, then I'll pare away what I need to :crack:

Tell me about it. I worked on mine for three whole months. :p

LemonMelon said:

Tell me about it. I worked on mine for three whole months. :p

wow

i did mine in like one night :wink:

I still gotta listen to the whole thing straight through and make sure everything is good...I'm trying to make everything flow perfectly... I'll prolly make a couple changes. But, I'm close to being done.

I predict mine will have the most rap tracks...which is sad because I don't have that many

AtomicBono said:

wow

i did mine in like one night :wink:

I still gotta listen to the whole thing straight through and make sure everything is good...I'm trying to make everything flow perfectly... I'll prolly make a couple changes. But, I'm close to being done.

I predict mine will have the most rap tracks...which is sad because I don't have that many

The only rap track that almost made my list was Beastie Boys' Hey Ladies, but it got cut pretty early on. Notorious BIG crossed my mind too, but it just didn't fit right. :slant:

Here is who we have so far.

1. Axver
2. phanan
3. Screwtape2
4. GibsonGirl (unlikely)
5. LemonMacPhisto
6. LemonMelon
7. Zootlesque
8. U2VertigoFly
9. Lancemc
10. angelordevil
11. AtomicBono
12. inmyplace13
13. corianderstem
14. BonoIsMyMuse
15. Lila64/hardyharhar
16. Bonos_Lemon
17. PlaTheGreat
18. LJT

Screwtape2 said:
Here is who we have so far.

1. Axver
2. phanan
3. Screwtape2
4. GibsonGirl (unlikely)
5. LemonMacPhisto
6. LemonMelon
7. Zootlesque
8. U2VertigoFly
9. Lancemc
10. angelordevil
11. AtomicBono
12. inmyplace13
13. corianderstem
14. BonoIsMyMuse
15. Lila64/hardyharhar
16. Bonos_Lemon
17. PlaTheGreat
18. LJT

what about Canadiens and Mountain Dew Ma? Canadiens already submitted his list didn't he?

With the extended deadline, I might just be able to get something in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom