Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape, who's the tenor singing Nessun Dorma in your entry?

Yell at him for me; he's making me cry.

Screwtape2 said:
The deadline is the 31st. We still need entries from:

phanan
U2VertigoFly
Lancemc
angelordevil
inmyplace13
PlaTheGreat
LJT

Remember that if we get all the entries early, the rest of the links go out earlier. :)

Guilt, guilt! :wink: I'm aiming for Saturday. Some really great stuff so far :up:

Screwtape2 said:
The deadline is the 31st. We still need entries from:

phanan
U2VertigoFly
Lancemc
angelordevil
inmyplace13
PlaTheGreat
LJT

Remember that if we get all the entries early, the rest of the links go out earlier. :)

Mine should be in tomorrow....technically my entry has been ready for about a month just havent had time to get round to uploading it or writing anything about it.

I've downloaded all of the early links that Screwtape sent out. I'm having a problem with corianderstems. I'm missing some tracks:

14 The Bangles
22-26

Anyone else have these or perhaps they could be re-uploaded? :shrug:

Any more early emails coming, for listening purposes? :shifty:

Lila64 said:
I've downloaded all of the early links that Screwtape sent out. I'm having a problem with corianderstems. I'm missing some tracks:

14 The Bangles
22-26

Anyone else have these or perhaps they could be re-uploaded? :shrug:

Any more early emails coming, for listening purposes? :shifty:

I've only got a few more than what was sent out so the next e-mail won't go out until the 31st or when all playlists are in.

I'll re-upload Corianderstem's links this weekend and send them to you. Hopefully that will help. :)

Ok, I'm ready to upload. But can someone just give me a better step-by-step on how to create zip files and upload them onto mediafire the correct way.

I'm using a Mac btw.

Thanks.

Lancemc said:
Ok, I'm ready to upload. But can someone just give me a better step-by-step on how to create zip files and upload them onto mediafire the correct way.

I'm using a Mac btw.

Thanks.

Once you have everything in folders, right-click and select the Create Archive option. That should zip the files. Then on mediafire select the number of zip files you have. Then click browse and select the the individual zip files. :)

Uuuugggghhh.

Uploading failed. Some stupid error message. Fuck it.

I'll try again in the morning. I'm not waiting another hour just for this to fuck up again.

They are.

I have a feeling it might have gotten mucked up because I left my computer to let it upload, and the screen went to sleep in the meantime, so that might have screwed things up.

Who knows.

I'll get it right in the morning.

Dammit, now I want to hear the song, but it's too late to turn it on and blast it - especially with the kid in the next room :sigh:

Submission sent. Can either screwtape or axver confirm it was recieved and that my links are working properly?

Lancemc said:
Submission sent. Can either screwtape or axver confirm it was recieved and that my links are working properly?

There is one slight problem, the Gustav Holst and Wilco tracks aren't able to be played because you purchased them on the Apple online store. I have a different version of the Holst track and I can find the Wilco track, so would you like me to replace the protected tracks with those?

So far I've listened to 3 of the playlists, and I'm extremely impressed. :up:

Corianderstem - yours was the perfect one to listen to yesterday simply because I was in such a great mood :) . I love the summer road trip feel of it. I had a lot of fun listening to it, and it also helps that you have my favourite INXS song and one of my favourite R.E.M songs. :drool:

Screwtape- Absolutely beautiful. I love the flow, the theme, and I'm in awe at how you manage to put so many different songs into an impressively cohesive playlist. The more I listened, the better it got, yours is probably one of my favourite playlists from all Desert Island games. :up:

LMP - Wow, you're really good at this, aren't you? :wink:. Excellent playlist, I like the way you divided it into four sections, with each section having its own mood, you really pulled it off. oh, and Sections 3 and 4 in particular...:drool:

Lemonchick said:

Screwtape- Absolutely beautiful. I love the flow, the theme, and I'm in awe at how you manage to put so many different songs into an impressively cohesive playlist. The more I listened, the better it got, yours is probably one of my favourite playlists from all Desert Island games. :up:

Thank you. :) That's high praise. I have to confess that I thought people would hate it. :reject:

Mine will be in soon, I still need to do all the typing stuff.

Also, most of my songs are iTunes store files. Can these be uploaded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom