Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BonoIsMyMuse said:
You must be a speed reader :ohmy:

Yeah, I always read the HP books too fast, just so I can know what's going on. Then I forget everything that's happened by the time the next book (or the movie) comes out. :lol:

After looking through the intro paragraphs and tracklistings in that first batch, I have to say that I feel so ... so ... pedestrian in comparison to all you artsy folks.

:wink:

A lot of good-looking lists there, but I swear, if I see anymore Muse tracks on future lists, I'm going to be pissed. :lol: What happened to originality? :mad: (actually, it has nothing to do with that; I just think they're hacks :wink: )

Screwtape2 said:

Now you see what it's like for Axver and I with the Radiohead tracks. :huh: :wink:

Hah. :up:

Muse are 10,000x more talented than those Radiohead clowns, though they're yet to make my quadrilogy in any form.

I'm really starting to miss the Prog Island game, where I was excited about every tracklist.

LemonMelon said:

:ohmy: Wow, you must hate Radiohead more than I could ever have imagined.

Actually, there are a couple of Radiohead songs I don't mind: Electioneering and Idioteque.

I'm just sick of the hype such a non-notable band gets. "Muse are 10,000x more talented than those Radiohead clowns" employed a bit of hyperbole, but certainly doesn't even approach some of the absurd comments I see here about Radiohead's purported greatness.

I don't see how the vets' lists could even be that much better than the n00b lists. Honestly, some I've already seen come close to the best of last year. :shrug:

But I'm not quite scared yet. :wink:

Screwtape2 said:

Some of the playlists are so far from my tastes that it isn't even funny. :huh: This is where the factors such as flow and so on come in. I'm really waiting to see the rest of the veteran playlists.

I promise you, you will enjoy mine. I may even have it up in the next day or so I just need to write the LJ entry explaining it first, as I don't want it to go live without that.

U2vertigofly said:
I'm still trying to get the flow of mine right. The deadline is July 31st, correct? I don't want to turn it in late:uhoh:

Correct. :)

LemonMelon said:
I don't see how the vets' lists could even be that much better than the n00b lists. Honestly, some I've already seen come close to the best of last year. :shrug:

But I'm not quite scared yet. :wink:

I've only seen LMP and own as far as veterans go. With Lancemc, IMP, GG, Axver and so more still to come, I'd say that the vet list could really be special. It could be on a whole different level than the newcomers. No offense. :wink:

Screwtape2 said:
I've only seen LMP and own as far as veterans go. With Lancemc, IMP, GG, Axver and so more still to come, I'd say that the vet list could really be special. It could be on a whole different level than the newcomers. No offense. :wink:

Check your inbox.

There are a lot of interesting combinations and song choices so far. I'm looking forward to listening to these.

I can't believe LMP and I picked the same Bob Dylan song. I grabbed a somewhat obscure one because I was sure no one else would use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom