Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MediaFire is the English Patient of uploading services: if you don't like it, no one will work with you. :tsk:

:(

Can you email me some of them separately please? I won't be able to get anything for the next week and maybe a little after that.

Zootlesque said:

:reject: What's wrong with send space? I didn't know you guys preferred media fire that much! I thought it was just a suggestion and that people could use any of those websites. :der:

Send space deletes files after a week if there are no downloads. Mediafire doesn't. Hence the choice of Mediafire.

(Personally, I hate using Mediafire's website, but it suits the competition's purposes best.)

I have to say that I'm a bit worried about having some people be reminded of the competition and unable to submit anything. I remember there were a couple of people who were either unsure about their ability to submit something before we made the extension to the 31st. Hopefully that time was enough. Tommorrow should be interesting. :sigh:

Don't worry about me dropping out. I've been working on it when I can find the free time. Just finished making all the odd files into MP3's. :happy:

:wave: I just want to say that I've been busy as hell, but still in! Damn those neighbours wanting help to plant trees, work, and rock concerts! My playlist is coming together...it's all there...in my mind :wink:

The extracting will commence shortly...

Screwtape2 said:
Okay, so some of the entries sent in already had send:happy:space links. For a list of reasons that should be obvious I've being trying to upload those links into Mediafire (the one hopefully everyone is uploading to.) Mediafire and my computer are slow today so it is taking forever. ?

my bad bro

i didn't know it was a big deal, i thought you were allowed to use whatever

ah well, I'm looking forward to hearing the playlists :up:

UNNGHHHH YEA CMON

I'm loving these playlists so far, they're all completely different. :up:

Finding the album names for BonoIsMyMuse's playlist... :drool: :wink:

Alright. My playlist is finished.

It's about 5 minutes short of the full length, and I've been pouring through my collection looking for something else to squeeze in somewhere to buff up the time. But my two CD's of music is just perfect how it is. So fuck it. It stays a bit short.

I'll try to upload everything and send it out tomorrow before work.

I think a lot of people will be surprised by my entry this time. I took an almost completely difference approach this match, and came up with something more in line with my original ideas for the last competition (much to Axver's pleasure I'm sure. ;) ) There's a good deal of thematic interplay between the tracks, and I really put a large focus on sound/noise and how it can connect tracks that are seemingly unrelated thematically. But as much as I tried to make a more transitional playlist this time around, I also had a lot of fun with contrast and structure. :wink: It's cool, I think. But you'll hear it eventually. And the entire list has quite a reduced number of tracks this time around. I think my entry last time had 34 or 35 tracks total. This one stands at 24 now. Interesting.

Funny you say that about the number of tracks. It's just the opposite for me. Last time my entry was one of the ones with the fewest amount of songs - I think I had something like 26. This time I'm around 40.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Finding the album names for BonoIsMyMuse's playlist... :drool: :wink:

:reject:

With burning and re-ripping, I had a feeling album names might get lost along the way. I was going to put the tracks back into iTunes, but I didn't want to assume everyone had iTunes, which is why I went for the mp3s. Let me know if you want me to send you my track listing or any of the album names.

Yea I changed the album name on all mine to the name of my playlist so it'd be easier to put the playlist together in iTunes... hope that's okay? The album names are on my official tracklist of course

I didn't rename the album names, but I did try to relabel the individual tracks so that if you popped it into iTunes, they would play in order. God, I hoped that worked okay. It's such a pain to have to try and reorder them into the way people meant them to be.

corianderstem said:
I didn't rename the album names, but I did try to relabel the individual tracks so that if you popped it into iTunes, they would play in order.

What exactly did you do? Cos without changing album names, I can't see how they would all play together on itunes.

Btw screwtape, have you sent the first batch of lists out yet? I haven't got anything yet. :confused:

muralee_s@hotmail.com

Thanks. :)

Knowing my luck, it probably won't work, but I renamed the song titles with track numbers, so if you unzip the files into one folder on your hard drive, and then slap that folder into iTunes, you can sort by song title and they should end up in the order in which I intended them.

Ooh, I just realized my fatal flaw. I don't have anything stored in iTunes normally, so I'm not trying to pick those specific songs out of 500 other songs I have in iTunes.

I hope that doesn't mean people will dismiss my playlist and not listen to it.

Edit: Shit. The more I think about it, the more pissed off I am at myself. If this is going to be a problem, let me know, and I'll have to slap my name onto the album name and reupload. :grumpy:

Maybe that needs to be said in the next batch of rules for the next round. Or maybe I'm the lone freak who doesn't store 500 songs in iTunes. :wink:

I really think the best way to upload songs is to keep all original tags as they are. Sure, it's a bit time consuming to pick all the correct songs, create a playlist and listen but eventually all these songs will be integrated in your itunes library. So they should have the correct album name and track number, and not be called Desert Island Disc 1 or something. Or maybe that's just me being too anal. lol

Yeah, I guess the worst that happens is someone might have to create a playlist for each Desert Island Disc selection, just picking and choosing them using the tracklisting submitted with the links.

Eh, we'll see what happens. Hopefully I haven't screwed myself in this, making it inconvenient, and people will just brush mine aside. :(

corianderstem said:
Hopefully I haven't screwed myself in this, making it inconvenient, and people will just brush mine aside. :(

:lol: I wouldn't worry about it too much. :hug:

I will definitely listen to your playlist! :sexywink:

Zootlesque said:
:lol: I wouldn't worry about it too much. :hug:

I will definitely listen to your playlist! :sexywink:

Thanks! I won't worry - I'm down to the last 100 pages or so of Harry Potter ... must run! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom