Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

And now the black guy from the Police Academy movies...Robot. Michael Winslow...anyone?

Please tell me you know what I am making reference to. :shifty:

capture006xx9.png

I didn't know until you mentioned the Michael Winslow bit. :huh:

I'm more or less done with mine. Just making some minor tweaks.

I even found an image I might use to represent it.

I'm certainly changing gears after participating in the Prog Island - that much I'll divulge... :wink:

corianderstem said:
Don't be dissing Milwaukee, dagnabbit. :mad:

I like going, especially for the meeting thing, mainly for the entertainment:

Brewers game
3 speakers - Colin Powell, Dan Rather, and Dickie V
3 acts - Blue Man Group, Jerry Seinfeld... and Sheryl Crow :|

It's a nice city, but it's such a random place to go, you know?

Screwtape2 said:
No one is going to listen to my playlist if you keep saying that. :wink:

It is a fair comparison though. Personally, I'd say the movie equivalent of my playlist at least from an emotional standpoint is a classic called On The Beach. It is one of only three films that haved really affected me emotionally. I'd suggest this film to Axver as he knows the area and it might strike a nerve.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Beach_(1959_film)

OK, now I'm intrigued. I'm going to have to track that movie down. I do hope Melbourne's trams appear. :wink:

I'm doing more work on my huge project and it really is coming together quite sensationally. The only problem as far as Desert Island games are concerned, though, is the high degree of obscurity. This is mainly because I'm focusing on two things: 1. showcasing New Zealand's music scene and 2. creating atmospheres and soundscapes to illustrate different parts of New Zealand and my experiences there (Part VII, for example, is at least in part based on my experiences returning to my hometown every few years).

Here's an example of the obscurity. Parts VII and VIII (that is, Desert Island 6's entry) have 19 tracks combined thus far. It includes the following bands: Chroma Key, Bailter Space, The Verlaines, Toy Love, Straitjacket Fits, The Chills, The Shadows, Spock's Beard, Blackfield, 3Ds. Some of those names, not even I have mentioned on Interference before!

I knew you'd appreciate that name. :wink:

Personally, I think Straitjacket Fits is the best band name ever.

Axver said:

OK, now I'm intrigued. I'm going to have to track that movie down. I do hope Melbourne's trams appear. :wink:

I'm doing more work on my huge project and it really is coming together quite sensationally. The only problem as far as Desert Island games are concerned, though, is the high degree of obscurity.

I don't remember if there are any trams. The film was shot for the most part in a town called Berwick which isn't too far from Melbourne.

Obscurity is what makes your playlists so neat. :drool:

I saw the Blue Man Group a few years ago in Boston and actually really liked them. I didn't want to go, but one of my friends bought tickets without asking me first, and I ended up laughing my ass off. I don't know that I'd ever want to see them again, but they're worth seeing once.

in iTunes, you can right click to "convert selection to mp3" on most tracks, especially the .wavs.

I see, in my old version of iTunes, that it can convert to WAV, but where does it give the option to convert to mp3? :scratch:

<<<off to shower, bbl! (and thanks!)

which version of iTunes do you have?

If it's out of date, I really suggest going to the Apple site and downloading the newest version (7.3.1).

Is there an option where you can make mp3 the default file to use when converting? I would guess that's the issue. I think if you change the default, when you right click, it'll let you convert to MP3.

Preferences -> Advanced tab -> Importing tab -> Import Using: MP3 Encoder?

Thanks guys! I went to the preferences section and changed the defaulted 'convert to wav' to 'mp3'. I think that worked!

NOW I'm off to the shower :dance:

:bow:

ETA: Exactly LMP :hi5:

No prob :D

Shower sounds like a good idea, too.

Shower -> watch The Thing -> Dinner -> watch Enter the Dragon -> Pack for Milwaukee. :wink:

I had some files that were mp3s, some that were m4ps, and some that I'd bought from iTunes, so I burned my whole playlist onto two CDs, then re-ripped it so that all the files were mp3s.

I'm looking forward to hearing everybody's playlists. I don't have a lot going on this weekend, so I'll probably try to listen to as many of them as possible then.

Okay, so some of the entries sent in already had send:happy:space links. For a list of reasons that should be obvious I've being trying to upload those links into Mediafire (the one hopefully everyone is uploading to.) Mediafire and my computer are slow today so it is taking forever. So I can do one of two things. I could wait and send out all of the links sometime late tommorrow or I could send out the links I have in Mediafire now (this would mean two of the entries I have would not be sent out until the deadline.)

Which would people prefer?

Screwtape2 said:
Okay, so some of the entries sent in already had send:happy:space links. For a list of reasons that should be obvious I've being trying to upload those links into Mediafire (the one hopefully everyone is uploading to.)

:reject: What's wrong with send space? I didn't know you guys preferred media fire that much! I thought it was just a suggestion and that people could use any of those websites. :der:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom