Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not slacking. I had a job interview today, so I had to worry about getting ready for that for the last few days.

I'm kind of glad that my playlist went over the time, because it caused me to make some substitutions. 37 songs, 2:39:39 of goodness :wink:

How do I ensure that the tracks in my playlist are in order when I zip and upload the files?

You can always select every song (shift and drag to select the tracks) copy them to a new folder somewhere and re-number them in the order of your playlist. Then zip all of that up. If you want to go that route, I think that's the easiest way.

I just dragged all of my files and zipped them up and submitted it without re-numbering anything. I don't think the listeners ordering the tracks based on the Master List is that big of a deal.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I just dragged all of my files and zipped them up and submitted it without re-numbering anything. I don't think the listeners ordering the tracks based on the Master List is that big of a deal.

Yeah, I did the same thing. All listeners have got to do is create a new playlist, search for our songs, add them all in order and listen. And searching is such a breeze on itunes! :drool:

Plus, I like everything labeled properly with album art, so it's easier for me when the submission is like that.

Zootlesque said:
Do you have album art for everything? :ohmy:

I don't have it for most of my itunes.

Almost everything, most of it was done manually before the godly iTunes "get album artwork" feature. If the artist isn't there I try Wiki or Amazon.

Gotta take advantage of having a video/colorized iPod :up:

On first glance, I think Zoots has my favorite playlist of the competition so far. Great variety, great selection...but it still has to pass the flow test. :wink:

LMP, I'm getting tired of waiting for Mike. :grumpy: I want to get on this mini tournament, ASAP. :hmm: I think anyone with premium could make the poll.

LemonMelon said:
On first glance, I think Zoots has my favorite playlist of the competition so far. Great variety, great selection...but it still has to pass the flow test. :wink:

LMP, I'm getting tired of waiting for Mike. :grumpy: I want to get on this mini tournament, ASAP. :hmm: I think anyone with premium could make the poll.

Who's sending you the tracklists early? I wanna listen. :drool:

Yeah, if he doesn't send us anything by Friday, I'll contact him and try and start this up. I'm leaving for about 10 days on Saturday, the 21st, and I'm not sure I'll be online much.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Who's sending you the tracklists early? I wanna listen. :drool:

Yeah, if he doesn't send us anything by Friday, I'll contact him and try and start this up. I'm leaving for about 10 days on Saturday, the 21st, and I'm not sure I'll be online much.

I have five playlists on my computer in my Desert Island III folder:

pictureda8.jpg

:ohmy: Thanks LM! Yours is pretty awesome too! :rockon: Still haven't finished listening to it. Will do so tomorrow cos I gotta get to bed soon. Now I wanna listen to LMP and Screwtape's lists. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Zootlesque said:
:ohmy: Thanks LM! Yours is pretty awesome too! :rockon: Still haven't finished listening to it. Will do so tomorrow cos I gotta get to bed soon. Now I wanna listen to LMP and Screwtape's lists. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Meg'sLegs' list is fucking fantastic. It has great songs, first and foremost, and great flow/mood/whatever.

I compared Screwtape's playlist to Schindler's List, so LM's has to be Jurassic Park.

And "Meet Me in the Morning" is the velociraptor.

Zoots, perhaps we can work out an exchange:

islagia@aol.com :wink:

I'm listening to Screwtape's list right now. :drool: "Badass" certainly isn't the right word for it, but it's something awesome.

Prelude In Db--->Your Blue Room :drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:

I compared Screwtape's playlist to Schindler's List, so LM's has to be Jurassic Park.

So one is so depressing you can only listen to it once, and the other is too scary for young children?

:wink:

corianderstem said:

So one is so depressing you can only listen to it once, and the other is too scary for young children?

:wink:

You're close :ohmy:

Steely Dan isn't a way to win over bratty little preteen shits, that's for sure. :wink:

If our tracklists are movies, then mine must be ... well, I was going to say Lord Of The Rings, as part of its theme focuses on places where a lot of LOTR was shot, but on reflection, perhaps Heavenly Creatures is a more appropriate Peter Jackson film to offer as a comparison.

Lancemc said:
If my playlist is a movie, it's totally The Wrath of Khan.

*Automatic votes for rest of tourney*

"His playlist was the most... HUMAN!"

I think mine would be Pulp Fiction. 4 seemingly separate sections making up a whole experience.

It's not as close to being as badass as Jules, but what is?

LemonMacPhisto said:

I compared Screwtape's playlist to Schindler's List,

No one is going to listen to my playlist if you keep saying that. :wink:

It is a fair comparison though. Personally, I'd say the movie equivalent of my playlist at least from an emotional standpoint is a classic called On The Beach. It is one of only three films that haved really affected me emotionally. I'd suggest this film to Axver as he knows the area and it might strike a nerve.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Beach_(1959_film)

I'm sending out the first batch of links on Friday so if you didn't send an entry in yet or in the last game, leave your e-mail addresses. That also goes for those who are planning to vote. I thought I'd give people a two day notice on that. Remember the deadline is July 31st so don't feel rushed. :)

I'll have mine to you and Axver tomorrow. After a bunch of changes, I finally made myself finalize the playlist and make the zip files. Media Fire is going to take almost 2 hours to upload them, though, so I'll do it in the morning.

I hope a lot of people have submitted so far. I need some playlists before I leave for my 10-day Milwaukee/Houston/San Antonio trip.

It's probably the most random assortment of cities ever:

Milwaukee - my Dad's companies annual meeting (fucking Jerry Seinfeld is gonna perform a stand-up act for them there)

Houston - family

San Antonio - absolutely no idea. I hate the Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom