Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zootlesque said:

I mean... I didn't re-tag them like Phanan did when he made his album tag as "prog island" or something. On mine, the track numbers (or lack thereof) all correspond to the original albums they're from. So once you copy my files into itunes, they could get lost in the library until you make a playlist and add all of them in. But it shouldn't be much of a big deal. That's what I've been doing all along to listen to people's songs.

Oh okay. That is how most of the playlists are. It isn't a problem. :)

Question...

If I have a particular song from a compilation, but it obviously appeared on a regular release by the artist/band, do I just use the collection name/information when listing the track, or the actual album it might be from :shrug:

Lila64 said:
Question...

If I have a particular song from a compilation, but it obviously appeared on a regular release by the artist/band, do I just use the collection name/information when listing the track, or the actual album it might be from :shrug:

Which ever unless it is different from the version on the regular album which it usually isn't. :)

I tried retagging my tracks so they would be playable in iTunes in the order they were meant to be heard, but we'll see if I did it right.

Screwtape / Axver, let me know if I need to rezip and reupload part of it.

ugh, i still need to make a final list. i feel so behind compared to everyone else :reject:

the deadline for everything is july 31st, right? i don't want to be that last minute, but i want to make sure i'm not as down to the wire as it seems.

So screwtape, did you get my email? Do the links work okay?

Now I can't wait for the actual competition! :hyper:

KhanadaRhodes said:
ugh, i still need to make a final list. i feel so behind compared to everyone else :reject:

the deadline for everything is july 31st, right? i don't want to be that last minute, but i want to make sure i'm not as down to the wire as it seems.

Seldom has someone spoken for me so eloquently :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not done yet, either.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I'm two seconds over :scream:

Here's my advice: look up the official runtimes. Sometimes your MP3s will run over by a second or two. If just a couple run over, there you are, down to the limit.

I really need to do a LJ entry explaining this playlist but my mind is so involved in the next three playlists. :crazy: I've been doing some writing on my LJ based on some of the things in those playlists and based on those I know you will all think I have lost my mind. :shifty:

Screwtape2 said:
I really need to do a LJ entry explaining this playlist but my mind is so involved in the next three playlists. :crazy: I've been doing some writing on my LJ based on some of the things in those playlists and based on those I know you will all think I have lost my mind. :shifty:

Indeed, Screwtape, you sometimes go a bit deeper than I wish to swim, but it's always a fun excursion.

Bring on the pretension! :drool:

I'll tell you now, the connecting link between my playlist and the next three playlists is ...

(...ya ready?)

they're all songs i like.

AtomicBono said:
I'll tell you now, the connecting link between my playlist and the next three playlists is ...

(...ya ready?)

they're all songs i like.

Woah, that's like...totally what I did. :shocked:

Our minds must be linked somehow. :slant:

LemonMelon said:

Indeed, Screwtape, you sometimes go a bit deeper than I wish to swim, but it's always a fun excursion.

Bring on the pretension! :drool:

I'm just glad people let me take them to these people and places. I'm really thankful for that. The playlists are dark and heavy but I hope that people take away the beauty in them. I like to think that the real beauty is in the listener. That moment of understanding or compassion for a fictional character is where the real art is.

With these next playlists, I'm trying to free write both in the story and in the songs I choose. The story that wants to be told is so demanding that I almost feel like I'm becoming those characters during different parts of making the playlist. You can really tell too. I know, it is pentension at its worst. :lol:

http://screwtape2.livejournal.com/

I like where your head's at Screwtape. :up:

With the next playlist, I wanted to make like a double feature-type thing. Two CDs with different sounds (mainly electronica on one vs. acoustic on the other) with similar themes. Listening to the Rushmore soundtrack really helped with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom