Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
Done! Email sent. :dancing:

Thanks again for the cover art, LemonMacPhisto. :kiss:

The picture won't show up in your e-mail. If you or Axver could link the cover a different way, that would be great.

AtomicBono said:
hey did you guys get my submission? i want to make sure it went through

and if anyone else wants my playlist now email me woolymammals@gmail.com

Yep. :)

Huh. Oh well.

I just uploaded it to Photobucket and emailed you and Axver the link. Hopefully that will work better.

Guys! What is the rule regarding crossfade playback? I guess since the track time is not gonna change anyway, it shouldn't matter if somebody uses crossfade or not while listening??

Zootlesque said:
Guys! What is the rule regarding crossfade playback? I guess since the track time is not gonna change anyway, it shouldn't matter if somebody uses crossfade or not while listening??

I used 6-second crossfades on my playlist, there's no rule against it, but you should let people know in your write-up that you did so they can adjust on iTunes accordingly.

Zootlesque said:

You cannot use crossfade playback in your submitted playlist. It would be altering the tracks. Plus it would be butchering some of the endings and beginnings. However, you can listen to the lists in whatever way you please. Though it is suggested that you don't listen that way because most of the playlists weren't designed that way.

Screwtape2 said:

You cannot use crossfade playback in your submitted playlist. It would be altering the tracks. Plus it would be butchering some of the endings and beginnings. However, you can listen to the lists in whatever way you please. Though it is suggested that you don't listen that way because most of the playlists weren't designed that way.

As usual, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Of the five covers I've seen, not a single one is alike. They are all in harmony with the playlist. I was thinking that we could resize them and line them up according to how each playlist is doing when we show the status of a group. I know the World Cup setup could confuse people. This might help people understand where each playlist is. :hmm:

I don't like too much crossfade playback anyway so it's not an issue. I set it to 1 minute the other day just cos certain songs sound better if flowing continuously into the following track without even that 1 or 2 second break. But I guess that would be violating the rules as you're supposed to use every second of the track times. I set it back to no crossfade.

Man, I'm still overwhelmed by the sheer number of songs I want to put on this album. Trying to pick and choose and check flow.... not easy! :crazy: :wink:

Screwtape2 said:

I'm not even sure if you can make a playlist with crossfade playback included. :shrug: When determining flow or whatever, crossfade playback is fine to use. I think Zoots only wondered about that but I thought I should cover the bases.

I've been using 6-second crossfade on most of my playlists, most notably this one. The songs still work fine with their normal transitions, but I think they're less jarring with the crossfade.

Maybe it's my Inner Wannabe DJ getting the best of me. :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:

I've been using 6-second crossfade on most of my playlists, most notably this one. The songs still work fine with their normal transitions, but I think they're less jarring with the crossfade.

Maybe it's my Inner Wannabe DJ getting the best of me. :wink:

I think those few seconds at the end of a track can make the next song so much more powerful. Look at the final transition on my playlist. It gives me chills whenever I hear that transition. :cry:

Crossfades are a nice think to use when you are done. My next playlist has the most amazing crossfades. :drool: Tori Amos into The Who into The Smiths into The Doors. :combust:

That is probably my favorite moment of your list. :up:

For example on my list, the Sigur Ros -> Sufjan transition is decent by itself, but is strengthened by a crossfade.

It's pretty much done! :hyper: Just listening to the whole thing right now to make sure it flows well and so far it's pretty damn good even if I say so myself. :wink:

Hmm... now I have to think. :hmm:

I couldn't fit any PJ on this playlist, so I saved one of my faves for the next one.

Hey guys! I have the album cover. But I want to write the title on it at the bottom. I tried doing this with Paint using the text box but it drops an ugly white background. :madspit: Is there a better way of doing it?

Zootlesque said:
Hey guys! I have the album cover. But I want to write the title on it at the bottom. I tried doing this with Paint using the text box but it drops an ugly white background. :madspit: Is there a better way of doing it?

On the left is a function to have a transparent background.

Uploading right now but I didn't re-tag anything. You guys can copy all my songs and then pick them and add them one by one to a playlist, right? :uhoh:

Zootlesque said:
Uploading right now but I didn't re-tag anything. You guys can copy all my songs and then pick them and add them one by one to a playlist, right? :uhoh:

:scratch: I'm not sure what you mean.

Axver said:

On the left is a function to have a transparent background.

Axver, could you try extracting the files out of Corianderstem's 2nd zip file? It is working for me. :scratch:

Screwtape2 said:
:scratch: I'm not sure what you mean.

I mean... I didn't re-tag them like Phanan did when he made his album tag as "prog island" or something. On mine, the track numbers (or lack thereof) all correspond to the original albums they're from. So once you copy my files into itunes, they could get lost in the library until you make a playlist and add all of them in. But it shouldn't be much of a big deal. That's what I've been doing all along to listen to people's songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom