Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2007, 11:27 PM   #271
The Male

Local Time: 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

So a whole disc of an instrumental version of "Creep," then?

Does that exist?

Old 07-10-2007, 11:27 PM   #272
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
Hmm, I usually start by getting a list of songs I really like, try and mix and match them into something listenable, trim the time and fat. and there you go, it's done.
I have an odd way of making a playlist. I can feel a place coming alive and sometimes that place is actually person. During this time period of making a playlist, I can feel certain moods or sounds starting to add up to something. I sort of have to figure out who or where this place is and more importantly where it is going. Suddenly, it all makes sense and playlist reveals itself. It is a process of creating a conduit into that place through your own emotions and the emotions of the songs and artists you use.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:28 PM   #273
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
Does that exist?
My regular karaoke haunt has "Creep" on the list. I would be surprised if there were any other Radiohead songs anyone would get up and sing in front of a crowd.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:29 PM   #274
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

I have an odd way of making a playlist. I can feel a place coming alive and sometimes that place is actually person. During this time period of making a playlist, I can feel certain moods or sounds starting to add up to something. I sort of have to figure out who or where this place is and more importantly where it is going. Suddenly, it all makes sense and playlist reveals itself. It is a process of creating a conduit into that place through your own emotions and the emotions of the songs and artists you use.
That shit is deep.

I loved your list, it hits all of the flow/mood stuff perfectly, but it's a little too down for me.

It's like the Schindler's List of playlists. Sure it's fucking amazing, but I don't have it in me to watch it all the time, you know?
Old 07-10-2007, 11:31 PM   #275
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I have four songs with place names in them, but no Baltimore. If I would've had to choose a Baltimore song, it would've been Counting Crows' Raining in Baltimore, but lately I've started to realize I should be embarrassed that I own so many Counting Crows albums.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:31 PM   #276
The Male

Here's how I make a playlist, or, rather, playlist making for dummies:

1. Take an inventory of what music you own or have on your computer.

2. In alphabetical order, pick one song from each artist.

3. Put them in a row and start removing the songs you don't care much for until you get it down to 2 hours and 40 minutes.

4. Put the songs you have in a proper order.

The end.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:32 PM   #277
Blue Crack Distributor

How about "Tarzan Boy" by Baltimora?

I have 3 Counting Crows albums. I don't like them consistently and often want to punch Adam Duritz in the throat to make him stop whining/singing, but there's at least one song I really love on each of the albums I own.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:36 PM   #278
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I think I own them all, except for the greatest hits one. The live album was really unnecessary except for the hidden track on the unplugged disc. Of the others, there's probably enough for two full albums of great songs, and a lot of leftover songs about Adam Duritz's inability to sleep.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:39 PM   #279
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoIsMyMuse
...and a lot of leftover songs about Adam Duritz's inability to sleep.

I took the "pick songs that show who you are" kind of idea and ran with it as a starting point for my list. It was easy to pick songs I loved, but wanted to put them into a kind of cohesive order that would show different aspects of my personality.

Okay, not so much my personality, but the many moods of Alicia. Or something.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:41 PM   #280
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Please tell me the "getting down with my bad self" section is in this playlist.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:42 PM   #281
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:

It's like the Schindler's List of playlists. Sure it's fucking amazing, but I don't have it in me to watch it all the time, you know?
Remember what I said about Twin Peaks and how what made it great was that you couldn't watch it over and over? That really describes my playlist.

I know I must come off like a moody gothic kid but in actually I'm a shy midwestern teenager whose only black clothing consists of trackjackets and a Roger Waters tour t-shirt.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:44 PM   #282
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

I don't expect to. Actually, I don't even expect your vote THIS time out, unless the person I'm going against has all top 40 hits or Radiohead karaoke tracks.
Actually, I'd prefer Radiohead karaoke tracks to the real deal as it's Yorke's strangled cat vocals that piss me off most about Radiohead.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-10-2007, 11:45 PM   #283
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

Remember what I said about Twin Peaks and how what made it great was that you couldn't watch it over and over? That really describes my playlist.

I know I must come off like a moody gothic kid but in actually I'm a shy midwestern teenager whose only black clothing consists of trackjackets and a Roger Waters tour t-shirt.
I believe you.

I have all of Twin Peaks series (including the Pilot) on my computer, ready to watch, by the way.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:46 PM   #284
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I believe you.

I have all of Twin Peaks series (including the Pilot) on my computer, ready to watch, by the way.
Good. The first hour of the pilot is one of the most emotional moments in television history.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:46 PM   #285
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Actually, I'd prefer Radiohead karaoke tracks to the real deal as it's Yorke's strangled cat vocals that piss me off most about Radiohead.
And his voice has only gotten more annoying over the years.

I'm a big fan, but I must admit that Thom hasn't had a really great voice since 1999 or so.

Tags
desert island