Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Stupid question:

When this begins, will everyone be sent links to the playlists? I vaguely remember it being like that in the last desert island game (before the prog one ;) ). :der:

Yes, everyone who leaves their emails in the Master List thread, I believe.

Well, you could leave it here, but all of the songs will be in Russian...

Kidding!

Just checking but the deadline for submissions is the 31st of this month? Or is it the 24th as the first post states...I read it was changed somewhere:huh:

A few folks were going to have some difficulty submitting their lists by the 24th, so we extended it to the end of the month. Your entry is now due on July 31st.

However, if you finish before then, feel free to email your tracklist, as Screwtape will send out an early email with lists already done so everyone can get a jump on listening to them all.

Scrolling this page was like watching an episode of The Office via still photos or something.

Axver, you were in my dream last night talking about the new Crowded House album.

And I shall have my entry completed tonight ... one more zip file to upload! :hyper:

I can't believe this. I'm finally satisfied with everything and then I look at the time. 2:40:33 :| Now the question is, should I cut or swap? But I like it just the way it is! :scream:

I'm on vacation next week and don't want to spend the whole thing in front of the computer, so I wanted to get it done before then.

But yeah, I have loads of free time. Single gal, no family. Lots of time for reading and music. :drool:

I'm surfing my computer. Then I'll have to surf the closet. I can pick bands/artists, but then trying to pick the song you want, and then try to calculate the time. Not to mention putting them in any sort of "order". :grumpy:

Rub it in why doncha corianderstem?

Since you are free on Tuesday, can you help host Maddy's birthday party? It's only 25 or so 13 year olds :happy:
<<still needs to order a cake and balloons. But I still need the final guest tally from Miss Maddy :sigh: :crack:

corianderstem said:
Scrolling this page was like watching an episode of The Office via still photos or something.

That sums up my life for the past 2 months.

phanan said:
I concur. Based on Screwtape's schedule, the first round will be done two heats at a time. After that, we'll do four at a time. I think that will work.

I also agree about the second days having an impact previously. Based on that, I think we should make every poll 48 hours, from the beginning to the end.

So what day are we starting the competition? I'd prefer that Thursday because along with Friday, that is where the best turnout is.

Awww, damn it. Less than 5 minutes to go in uploading my last zip file to meda fire, and the site goes down for two hours.

:banghead:

So close to being done. So close.

corianderstem said:

: runs away screaming :

But there will be cake :drool:

I'll have everything done by the end of the weekend, hopefully. I found my cover art online tonight, came up with a name, and got the tracklisting ready. Now it's just a matter of uploading and writing my paragraph.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I'll have everything done by the end of the weekend, hopefully. I found my cover art online tonight, came up with a name, and got the tracklisting ready. Now it's just a matter of uploading and writing my paragraph.

You make Desert Island sound like a college thesis paper. :giggle:

Lila64 said:
I have to write a paper too? WTF? I'm not in school anymore! :rant:

:wink:

You don't have to, it'd just be a little write-up of why you choose some of the tracks or something. :wink:

just trying to narrow down the bands and songs and then worry about the order of them. I'm sure there will be no flow :lol: :crack:

Question, do digital only releases, like iTunes Originals tracks, count as being officially released?

If so, The Flaming Lips' cover of Sabbath's War Pigs might make my next Desert Island list.

Screwtape2 said:

So what day are we starting the competition? I'd prefer that Thursday because along with Friday, that is where the best turnout is.

Which Thursday are you referring to? August 2nd?

I thought we were going to wait a week after the master list thread was posted before the heats started.

:hmm:

We could post the master list on late Tuesday/early Wednesday and then start the heats the following Monday. That would give some people that weekend to listen. Would that work?

phanan said:

Which Thursday are you referring to? August 2nd?

I thought we were going to wait a week after the master list thread was posted before the heats started.

:hmm:

We could post the master list on late Tuesday/early Wednesday and then start the heats the following Monday. That would give some people that weekend to listen. Would that work?

Sure. :)

I think that was my original proposal, so I definitely support that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom