Desert Island Album Game III: Rules and Sign-up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me disrespectful, but I won't call any group a killer until I see the actual playlists the users in said group have put together. Because of the inherent variety of music, it is entirely possible to have a brilliant playlist one year, and a weak one the next. Not that my opinion matters; it's the opinion of the people that does. (GG had my favorite playlist last year, and she never even made the finals :mad: ) LMP didn't get his vet status by name alone...he got it by winning two years straight. :crack:

So don't rest on your laurels, people. Make us proud. :happy:

LemonMelon said:
Call me disrespectful, but I won't call any group a killer until I see the actual playlists the users in said group have put together. Because of the inherent variety of music, it is entirely possible to have a brilliant playlist one year, and a weak one the next. Not that my opinion matters; it's the opinion of the people that does. (GG had my favorite playlist last year, and she never even made the finals :mad: ) LMP didn't get his vet status by name alone...he got it by winning two years straight. :crack:

I like being called a vet at anything.

LemonMelon said:

True but I would be surprised if the people in Group1 saw a major dropoff in quality or if anyone in any group saw that dropoff. I'm not sure that GG for example will ever make a playlist as good as her first. I'm not sure I will either. You could win with a playlist that you don't think was your best. It all is up to who you go against and how the people vote. With Interference you never know how you'll do. LMP has been very successful because his playlist is different each time. I think that is the best thing you can try.

Do you think I rested on my laurels, LemonMelon (in other words did you like my playlist)? :wink:

Question about segues, do you guys make them using crossfades on iTunes?

I know I base mine off of the 6 second crossfade. :shrug:

Canadiens1160 said:
Ooh 3 man, 1 Dew tourney, eh?

i assume he meant i could play? lmp said it was ok too.

its fine if i cant :mad: just watch out for your truths. that's all.

my playlist rocks even if there is music people dont like on here, i like it :happy:

Mountain Dew Ma said:

i assume he meant i could play? lmp said it was ok too.

its fine if i cant :mad: just watch out for your truths. that's all.

my playlist rocks even if there is music people dont like on here, i like it :happy:

i'd still like to hear it regardless.

you forgot a trademark in there. :lol:

Screwtape2 said:

True but I would be surprised if the people in Group1 saw a major dropoff in quality or if anyone in any group saw that dropoff. I'm not sure that GG for example will ever make a playlist as good as her first. I'm not sure I will either. You could win with a playlist that you don't think was your best. It all is up to who you go against and how the people vote. With Interference you never know how you'll do. LMP has been very successful because his playlist is different each time. I think that is the best thing you can try.

Do you think I rested on my laurels, LemonMelon (in other words did you like my playlist)? :wink:

Yep. I think you can make a solid prediction, but it's far from perfect. Group 1 will be tough, and I'm going to cherish my time amongst the n00bs, before I may have to take that plunge amongst the vets. :ohmy:

I only just finished LMP's list a couple of days ago, and I just finished my Desert Island IV playlist an hour or so ago, so I haven't had the time to listen to yours BUT my schedule is free now. I'll check it out tonight or tomorrow and I'll let you know.
Screwtape2 said:

Personally, I don't. I think the crossfades lose those small moments of silence that really tell you if the segue is great.

Same. Crossfades are misleading.

That might explain my problems with making segues. If you use the 6 second one on iTunes, I think my playlist will sound better.

Thanks for the input, guys, I'm fixing Desert Island 4 for natural segues.

I'm pretty positive the rule is still the same, and it's only 1 song per artist, even it's a 2 part song.

My playlist is pretty close to being finished, I may squeeze in one more song. But so far it just makes me :drool: and hopefully it will the same effect on somebody else.

Screwtape2 said:

Personally, I don't. I think the crossfades lose those small moments of silence that really tell you if the segue is great.

Agreed. The best transitions are ones that don't need crossfades.

Bonos_Lemon, I'm really interested to hear yours, especially since you said we have the most similar taste :hmm:

I've made adjustments and I'm giving it one final listen... everyone, prepare to be blown away :wink:

I switched a song and added 2 and now I am a minute and a haf over. :grumpy: Maybe I oughta cut that Disney song :wink:

Even though Pocahontas was the bestest movie :shifty:

Bonos_Lemon said:
I switched a song and added 2 and now I am a minute and a haf over. :grumpy: Maybe I oughta cut that Disney song :wink:

:huh: Now I'm not so sure if AtomicBono will have the strangest playlist after all. :giggle:

Bonos_Lemon said:

:sad:

I expected more than that from a fellow Lemon.

Bonos_Lemon said:
S'all good. It's gone and now my list is nearly perfect. I guess I'll just keep my guilty pleasures to myself and off of the desert island :wink:

Then you are awesome again. :up:

Aw this is what happens when you suddenly get busy during the summer. :(

I really enjoyed the last tournament (even though I didn't even make past the first round :wink:)and I'll definitely be looking forward to listening and voting this time around.

The two groups of death make me :drool: and :sad: at the same time, I don't know how I'll ever be able to choose between the awesomeness that those playlists are bound to be.

....I :heart: Pocahontas :reject:.

Lemonchick said:

I really enjoyed the last tournament (even though I didn't even make past the first round :wink:)and I'll definitely be looking forward to listening and voting this time around.

The two groups of death make me :drool: and :sad: at the same time, I don't know how I'll ever be able to choose between the awesomeness that those playlists are bound to be.

I was really wishing that either you or Irishteen would have requested a spot. I hope you enjoy voting and listening to these playlists before creating something amazing for Desert Island 4. :)

Bonos_Lemon said:

pffft Lion King and Aladdin are killin Pocahontas

I should have used Circle of Life :drool:

I almost used America, Fuck Yeah :lol: maybe I'll use it for the next one :wink:

lemonmelon i did not receive your mail? what did you send it to? my email is woolymammals@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom