Desert Island Album Game II: Semi-final 1 - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Which tracklist do you prefer?
LemonMacPhisto's tracklist 22 59.46%
Lancemc's tracklist 15 40.54%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2007, 11:16 PM   #46
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
I first noticed the interest drop in Lara Mullen's qualifying round in which only like 18 people voted and there were only a couple replies. Hopefully, next time the interest will be be even throughout. As for the quota of newbies, I think 2 or 3 spots should be reserved to them.
Yeah, there were a few rounds with really appalling turnout, but it seems we've managed to get back to an average of about 30 votes. I'm really perplexed by my quarter final - I think that had the highest turnout of any round of the competition with 39 votes. It'll be interesting to see if this semi-final achieves a similar turnout, though it doesn't look like it at this stage as most voting tends to come on the first day.

I'm thinking that if we have 4 groups of 4, perhaps one should be a "newbie group"?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-08-2007, 11:16 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

When are you starting the next one up? 3-6 months?
After you get a spot you have two to three weeks to submit and upload your playlist. That's what I mean by a couple weeks.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:17 PM   #48
The Male

Local Time: 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

Oh, you can be smug for now, but just wait until you see what I have up my sleeve.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:18 PM   #49
The Male

Quote:

After you get a spot you have two to three weeks to submit and upload your playlist. That's what I mean by a couple weeks.
Oh, OK. Thank you.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:20 PM   #50
Vocal parasite

Quote:
At this rate, LMP is going to win it all.
On some forums I visit, there's a rule that the winner of one edition of a tournament cannot compete in the next edition. If LMP does take out this one, I'm wondering if he'd be willing to miss the third edition?

Also, I was thinking of doing a round after the final putting the winners of each tournament up against each other ... maybe it'll just be "which LMP tracklist do you prefer?", heh!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-08-2007, 11:23 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:48 AM
I'm thoroughly getting pwnt now. I'd like to see 10 more votes come in though, it really does suck that voter turnout had slowed down so much recently.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:23 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Yeah, there were a few rounds with really appalling turnout, but it seems we've managed to get back to an average of about 30 votes. I'm really perplexed by my quarter final - I think that had the highest turnout of any round of the competition with 39 votes. It'll be interesting to see if this semi-final achieves a similar turnout, though it doesn't look like it at this stage as most voting tends to come on the first day.

I'm thinking that if we have 4 groups of 4, perhaps one should be a "newbie group"?
The newbie group could be a good idea. I was stunned by how your quarterfinal kept getting more and more votes. You're sort of the game's Cinderella.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:26 PM   #53
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:48 AM
Quote:

Oh, you can be smug for now, but just wait until you see what I have up my sleeve.
I bet it's better than the one I have up now. There have been at least 5-6 tracklistings better than mine in the tourney, Lance's, IMP's, Gibby's, Phanan's, and another one, I forget which.

Anyway, it's cool that I'm winning right now, but I feel they are and were more deserving.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:27 PM   #54
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

I bet it's better than the one I have up now. There have been at least 5-6 tracklistings better than mine in the tourney, Lance's, IMP's, Gibby's, Phanan's, and another one, I forget which.

Anyway, it's cool that I'm winning right now, but I feel they are and were more deserving.
I would put yours up in the top 4, easy.

Gibby
LMP
Bono's shades
Lance
Old 05-08-2007, 11:29 PM   #55
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:48 AM
Thanks
Old 05-08-2007, 11:40 PM   #56
The Male

I'll give you all a hint as to what mine looks like:

Watch the now playing thread...I'll be uploading my list tonight to my computer (I want to have it on CD).

Now.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:54 AM   #57
Vocal parasite

Quote:
The newbie group could be a good idea. I was stunned by how your quarterfinal kept getting more and more votes. You're sort of the game's Cinderella.
My only concern with a newbie group is that we could end up with four very distinct, incompatible tracklistings and things will end up rather uneven. But if it's feasible, I'd like to do a newbie group.

And heh, the steady flow of votes on my quarter final over the second day did nothing good for my nerves, I can assure you.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-09-2007, 02:22 AM   #58
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:48 PM
I skipped reading all four pages I got thru page one and gave up after that. But I just submit: Lamb Lies Down On Broadyway. I win

Wonder if hubby would do a prog list.. But I don't know what your rules are. Lots of 70s stuff would probably be included.

Oh, and LMP got my vote Tough round.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:52 AM   #59
Acrobat

Local Time: 06:48 AM
I'm working on mine and practicing my copy-paste-post skills to get one of the spots, newbie or not, to show it off.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:00 AM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

My only concern with a newbie group is that we could end up with four very distinct, incompatible tracklistings and things will end up rather uneven. But if it's feasible, I'd like to do a newbie group.
Earlier in the thread you said that Lancemc and LMP had very B&C-esque playlists. Maybe we could have a prog/more out there playlist group, B&C group, newbie group and a group for the rest. That would make it so that in semi-finals we would have a wide variety of options and that might keep people's interest. What do you think, Axver?

Tags
desert island