Desert Island Album Game II: Heat 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which tracklist do you prefer?

• FitzChivalry's tracklist

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • U2VertigoFly's tracklist

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for the tracklisting you LIKE THE MOST.

Welcome to the sixth heat of the Interference Desert Island Game II! The premise of this game is that all of the Interferencers have been stranded on a desert island and we can only take up to 160 minutes of music with us (either as a continuous iPod playlist or two 80 minute CDs or any other format of our choosing). The object is to see which forum member can fit the most musical goodness into these 160 minutes.

The last heat was one of the closest rounds we've had all tournament. Screwtape2 won by the narrowest of margins over LJT, 16-15. Screwtape is thus the first qualifier for the third quarter final.

This heat will determine who will face Screwtape. It features tracklists by FitzChivalry and U2VertigoFly. The winner will be the first qualifier for the third quarter final. Below, you will find their tracklistings. If you are unfamiliar with the songs included, we can help you hear them! Just leave your e-mail address.

THE TRACKLISTINGS!

Forum name: FitzChivalry

Fitz writes: This tracklist centers around the idea that, if I was trapped on a desert island, I would want to remember all the people I love and can no longer be with, and many of the good times that I've had. So the songs in my tracklist ARE NOT MY FAVORITE SONGS and are NOT necessarily BY MY FAVORITE ARTISTS (I would never include a Queensryche song on a tracklist of my favorite songs of all time, but the song on here reminds me of my very first crush who made me go all weak and wobbly, hence, it's very special to me). Each song reminds me of either a person I love or a great time I've had, thus, these songs are the memories of my life, from growing up listening to my Mom and Dad's favorites (Allman Bros., Led Zeppelin, Genesis); to The Cure's "Plainsong" - the first song that ever made me cry; to my college days (7 housemates and I on a weekend trip to San Francisco to see Oasis, getting drunk in Chinatown and stuffing ourselves into a cab and singing "Champagne Supernova" at the top of our lungs the entire way to the concert; to coming out of the closet and cutting my baby-gay teeth at club OZZ; to my friends introducing me to the beauty that is Brit-Pop. These are the songs/loved ones/memories I would take with me if I were to be stranded on a desert island.

"THERE'S A TRIGGER IN YOUR TRACKLIST"

01. The Smashing Pumpkins - "Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness" - Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness (2:52)
02. The English Beat - "I Confess" - Special Beat Service (4:34)
03. Steely Dan - "Aja" - Aja (8:00)
04. The Allman Brothers Band - "In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed" - Idlewild South (6:58)
05. Led Zeppelin - "That's The Way" - Led Zeppelin III (5:37)
06. The Beatles - "Across The Universe" - Let It Be (3:48)
07. Bruce Springsteen - "Stolen Car" - The River (disc 2) (3:54)
08. Queensryche - "Silent Lucidity" - Empire (5:47)
09. Tori Amos - "Precious Things" - Little Earthquakes (4:27)
10. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Black Tongue" - Fever To Tell (2:57)
11. Pearl Jam - "Spin The Black Circle" - Vitalogy (2:47)
12. U2 - "An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart" - Boy (8:14)
13. Duran Duran - "New Moon On Monday" - Seven And The Ragged Tiger (4:15)
14. Morrissey - "Late Night, Maudlin Street" - Viva Hate (7:41)
15. The Cure - "Plainsong" - Disintegration (5:15)
16. Doves - "Snowden" - Some Cities (4:12)
17. Pulp - "Do You Remember The First Time?" - His 'n' Hers (4:22)
18. Oasis - "Champagne Supernova" - (What's The Story) Morning Glory? (7:27)
19. Bjork - "Army Of Me" - Post (3:54)
20. Underworld - "Moaner" - Anthology 1992-2002 (7:40)
21. The Chemical Brothers - "Song To The Siren" - Exit Planet Dust (3:16)
22. Planet Soul - "Set U Free" - Set U Free [Single] (4:16)
23. The Bucketheads - "The Bomb! (These Sounds Fall Into My Mind)" - All In The Mind (3:23)
24. Barry Harris featuring Pepper Mashay - "Dive In The Pool" - Queer As Folk [Soundtrack] (3:55)
25. Janet Jackson - "If" - janet. (4:31)
26. Daft Punk - "One More Time" - Discovery (5:20)
27. Luke Slater - "love" - Jody-Way Out There-A Progressive DJ Mix (6:47)
28. BT - "Nectar" - ESCM (5:55)
29. Moby - "My Weakness" - Play (3:37)
30. Genesis - "The Carpet Crawlers" - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway (disc 1) (5:14)
31. Depeche Mode - "Black Celebration" - Black Celebration (4:54)
32. Radiohead - "Everything In Its Right Place" - Kid A (4:11 ) (For Kris)

Forum name: U2VertigoFly

U2VertigoFly writes: In my playlist I tried to reach to the furthest extents of interference. I wanted to make a playlist that would be generally consisted of well know artists and songs, but sometimes I chose a song that’s not necessarily the artists best or most famous but still well known, this way most people would recognize it but they may not be tired of it be fore they heard it. I kind of got into the theme of Desert Island taking it as not only you’re on and island and that’s the music you had with you, but I tried to convey what you would want to hear based on your feelings if say, your plane crashed on an island. It starts off pretty hard with AC/DC, then it moves on into more 80’s and classic rock that you can work to. Then it goes into some music for desert island ambiance like The Beach Boys and Jimmy Buffett. Then it picks up a little bit with the alternative and a little punk stuff, form there it slows down into more chilled songs Piano Man, Tiny Dancer, and gradually builds to the violins of Eleanor Rigby and finally leaves us off with the band that brought us all to interference, with at beautiful live rendition of Bad. So I hope you all enjoy my playlist.

01. AC/DC - "The Razor’s Edge" – The Razor’s Edge (4:22)
02. Robert Plant & The Strange Sensations - "Mighty Rearranger" – Mighty Rearranger (4:25)
03. The Who - "Baba O’Riley" – Who’s Next (5:08)
04. David Bowie - "Rebel Rebel" – Best of Bowie (4:31)
05. Survivor - "Burning Heart" – Rocky IV (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (3:50)
06. Queen - "Radio Ga Ga" - For Classic Queen (5:49)
07. Bruce Springsteen - "Born In The U.S.A." – Born In The U.S.A. (4:39)
08. Bon Jovi - "Livin’ On A Prayer" – Slippery When Wet (4:09)
09. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - "Saving Grace" – Highway Companion (3:45)
10. John Mellencamp - "Rain On The Scarecrow" - Scarecrow (3:48)
11. Cream - "Sunshine Of Your Love" – The Cream Of Clapton (4:11)
12. The Police - "Message In A Bottle" – The Police: Every Breath You Take– The Classics (4:51)
13. Yes - "Roundabout" – The Ultimate Yes – 35th Anniversary Collection (8:32)
14. The Rolling Stones - "Start Me Up" – Jump Back: The Best Of The Rolling Stones (3:34)
15. Chuck Berry - "Johnny B. Goode" – The Anthology (2:44)
16. The Beach Boys - "Good Vibrations" – The Greatest Hits Vol. 1 (3:37)
17. Jimmy Buffett - "Changes Of Latitudes, Changes Of Attitudes" – Meet Me In Margaritaville: The Ultimate Collection (3:17)
18. The Knack - "My Sharona" – My Sharona / Good Girls Don’t - Single (4:56)
19. Arcade Fire - "Rebellion(Lies)" – Funeral (5:10)
20. R.E.M. - "What’s The Frequency, Kenneth" – In Time – The Best of R.E.M. 1988-2003 (4:00)
21. The Clash - "Rock The Casbah" – The Clash: The Singles (3:43)
22. Caesars - "Jerk It Out" – 39 Minuets Of Bliss (In An Otherwise Meaningless World (3:18)
23. Arctic Monkeys - "Fake Tales Of San Francisco" – Five Minuets With The Arctic Monkeys - Single (3:00)
24. The Shins - "Phantom Limb – Wincing The Night Away (4:47)
25. Oasis - "Wonderwall” – (What’s The Story) Morning Glory? (4:18)
26. The Killers - "Read My Mind” – Sam’s Town (4:06)
27. Elton John- "Tiny Dancer” – Elton John: The Greatest Hits 1970-2002 (6:17)
28. Billy Joel - "Piano Man” – Billy Joel: Greatest Hits, Vol. 1 & 2 (5:38)
29. Led Zeppelin - "Stairway To Heaven” – The Best Of Led Zeppelin: The Early Days (8:00)
30. Bob Dylan - "Like A Rolling Stone” – Highway 61 Revisited (6:09)
31. Johnny Cash - "Folsom Prison Blues” – Johnny Cash At Folsom Prison (Live) (2:41)
32. Don McLean - "American Pie” – Rearview Mirror (8:28)
33. The Beatles - "Eleanor Rigby” – 1 (2:06)
34. U2 - "Bad (Live)” – Wide Awake In America (4:06)

UP NEXT: Lara Mullen vs XHendrix24

Competition master list.

Competition rules.

Diagram of tournament format.

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like many of the songs of U2VertigoFly's playlist--in fact, I think he may have more songs I know well and really like--but that mix feels a little too contemporary, and features a few too many greatest hits for me. I like Fitz's ordering, and overall I feel like it's a better playlist.

U2VertigoFly even though Bon Jovi and Arctic Monkeys are on the list.

Most of the other songs offset the shittyness of those two bands.

Bump. Went for U2VF myself. Nice tracklist on the whole, with some particularly cool picks in the form of Yes's Roundabout, REM's What's The Frequency, and the live version of Bad.

I wouldn't feel right saying who I voted for but I will say that Fitz has one of the best opening tracks in the competition and U2VertigoFly has one of the best closers. I really liked both your thought patterns for the competition and your paragraphs. I will say that either one of you would make for a great match.

Wow, after U2VF shot to that huge early lead, this really turned into a close contest.

Well, Fitz, look on the bright side - you competed in one more round than everyone else who lost their heat anyway. :wink:

New thread coming soon!

Oh man! I'm too late to vote in this poll??? I was gonna vote for Fitz cos I like his tracklist a bit more than Ken's, although I like both.

:sad:

It's all good. I'm happy. I had fun playing, and knowing some out there loved my playlist, well that's fine by me. Plus, I didn't get completely blown out: 1 tie, 1 win by 1 or 2 votes, and 1 loss by 1 vote. No biggie. My boy, "There's A Trigger In Your Tracklist", did good. I'm proud of him. :applaud:

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom