Desert Island Album Game II: GRAND FINAL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which tracklist do you prefer?

• LemonMacPhisto's tracklist

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • U2VertigoFly's tracklist

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Axver's tracklist

Votes: 17 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

So everyone knows, I'm kidding. :wink:

By the way, if you see a ScrewtapeII or ScrewtapeZwei don't mind them. :shifty:

:wink:

And just so you know, I was kidding about the altars as well. I haven't made one here on the forum. Yet.

BTW, Where's GG? Wondering if she saw the response to the Kayak inquiry.

Oh, come on, there has to be SOMEONE out there who hasn't voted!

OK, so someone FINALLY votes, and they vote for me! Now, that's great and all, and I hope three more wonderful Axver voters come out of the woodwork in a great hurry, but unless that happens, it doesn't really help break our tie, does it now?

(For the record, may I fully encourage 3 people to come out of the woodwork in my favour. A glorious underdog victory is within grasp in extra time! Can't say I'm getting my hopes up though.)

OK, if that happens, I think we really would have to declare it a three-way tie for first because that'd be too funny.

Now, will that be the deciding vote?

I'd just like to know if this is ending in only a few hours or if it will run through to 24 hours after it was re-opened. If it's the latter, this could conceivably swing another way, but if it's the former, going by the rate of voting, things may just stay as they are.

Axver said:
Now, will that be the deciding vote?

I'd just like to know if this is ending in only a few hours or if it will run through to 24 hours after it was re-opened. If it's the latter, this could conceivably swing another way, but if it's the former, going by the rate of voting, things may just stay as they are.

It should end in 8 or 9 hours so I think we could escape with a winner.

As for the Critic's Awards, we could still use nominations from:

Adrball
Bono_man2002
Bono’s Shades
DazzinglyAmy
FitzChivalry
IMP
Lancemc
Liamcool
MacPhistoPT
Salome
XHendrix

So send them in. :wave:

Lila64 said:

BTW, Where's GG? Wondering if she saw the response to the Kayak inquiry.

:wave:

Yes, thanks, I did see your response! I've been terribly busy the past few days, so I didn't get the opportunity to reply. That Kayak collection and Royal Bed Bouncer...are they LPs or CDs? If they're CDs, I don't suppose there's any way you could upload the Kayak II tracks for me? I would be eternally grateful and more than willing to return the favour if there's anything in my collection you've been looking for. :flirt:

GibsonGirl said:

:wave:

Yes, thanks, I did see your response! I've been terribly busy the past few days, so I didn't get the opportunity to reply. That Kayak collection and Royal Bed Bouncer...are they LPs or CDs? If they're CDs, I don't suppose there's any way you could upload the Kayak II tracks for me? I would be eternally grateful and more than willing to return the favour if there's anything in my collection you've been looking for. :flirt:

He said they are CDs. I will try and find the time to upload them. May take a few days though. :)

Maybe there should be a separate poll started with just me and U2Vert to choose from?

:shrug:

At this point, I don't want to drag the final on for two more days. There isn't going to be a clean finish to this final we are only making more of a mess of it. I'd rather just declare LMP and U2VF co-champs and move on to the wrap-up thread. I think the majority want co-champs and to bring the competition to a close.

Are there any strong objections to this?

OK, I'm not sure what to do. I feel like no matter what I do, someone will have a problem with it. I suppose I'll let some kind of consensus develop first. If people would favour co-champions, I'm willing to count Adrian's vote so that it's a 20-20 tie. Or we can leave the results as they are.

I suppose if we go with co-champs, we could even have it 1st equal to LMP and U2VF, 2nd to me, and 3rd to Lance. Sure would make up for him not getting that 3rd place play-off as originally planned.

This has just been too close.

Well, I would like to see if any consensus develops, if anyone else has any input. I do want the final wrap-up thread to be made in the next 1-1.5 hours though, as I'll be busy later today.

Can you e-mail me those critics' choice awards so I can include them when I do the thread?

OK. Final tally is 20 to LMP, 20 to U2VF counting Adrian's vote which should have gone through, and 17 to me. Lance gets third.

I have to go out for a couple of hours in a few minutes, so I may not get the thread made immediately. I'll post it as soon as I get home. Congrats to our two winners. :applaud:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom