Desert Island Album Game: Heat 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which tracklisting do you prefer?

• LJT's tracklisting

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • MrBrau1's tracklisting

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want the names of everyone who votes for Brau:mad:

I shall then send you a very pleasant surprise.

:wink:

Please remember I have God on my side, we all know that Brau is truly a heathen devil, so if you want to get into heaven vote for me:p

Ok that is not going to work for me.....tactic number 2.....cry

:sad: :sad: :sad:

LJT said:
I want the names of everyone who votes for Brau:mad:

I shall then send you a very pleasant surprise.

:wink:

Please remember I have God on my side, we all know that Brau is truly a heathen devil, so if you want to get into heaven vote for me:p

Ok that is not going to work for me.....tactic number 2.....cry

:sad: :sad: :sad:

I would try giving away teddy bears, kissing children...

... or kissing teddy bears and giving away children, whichever works.

Use the Schwartz LJT, use the Schwartz

or some OT Level 7 powers.

pepokiss said:
Ok... I need to say something

I got a track time wrong.. and that screwed up the total lenght of my disc 1...

We Will rock you (fast) is really 3:17, not 2:48 like I found on a web site... ley me explain this

Don't worry about it, mate. I'm glad we got it sorted before your round. :)

Could a moderator please edit the master list thread so that pepo's correct tracklisting is included? That'd be great.

I cast my vote for MrBrau. Props to you for working in a few artists that I just couldn't fit onto my mix, as much as I tried, especially Patsy Cline. I was also glad to finally find out who did Sunshine--I've always liked that song, and I could never find it. Overall, I appreciated the flow and diversity of this mix, and I can honestly say I feel like you're the one to beat in this competition.

LJT, I also really enjoyed your mix. If you'd been matched up against someone else, you probably would've gotten my vote. :reject:

^Thats exactly what I was worried about...once I knew I was against Brau, it was over....I still have just under a day left though, right?

left though, right....:hmm: that sounds like a kinda paradox of some sort...it is left but it is right........i can't sleep again, plus now I am slightly tipsy:(

The Old Duke jazz club...very cool place:cool: the jazz pianist tonight was excellent!

Last edited:
Yep, there's about 21.5 hours left on this one.

LJT, have you heard the new Muse song, Map Of The Problematique?

No? Is it a live version or a leak? Would love to hear it!

i voted for yours, LJT. while brau's is good, it's a bit too old school for me.

This was an INCREDIBLY tough round to decide :huh: So much good music... can we give you each your own desert island? I'll build a raft and go back and forth between them :)

LJT, I was interested and surprised by your tracklisting... Bjork, Bowie, Secret Machines, Supergrass, Suede, Fiona Apple were some of my favorites. And I was pleasantly surprised at the inclusion of "A New Decade" (I went with the old standard Bittersweet Symphony for mine), Ryan Adams' version of "Wonderwall," "Wanderlust" (which I'd kind of forgotten about in the past year), and BRMC. Excellent showing!

Brau, can I marry your discs? :wink: So many great, classic songs packed into 3 hours... Hank Williams, Bob D., Beatles, Neil Diamond (Cracklin' Rosie... how good I have forgotten about this track?), Zep, Sinatra, Marley... all great. I liked the more contemporary songs, too. I'd never heard "Aenima" or "We Float" but now they've gone into heavy rotation. And I have to respect the decision to include OOTS as the last track... very brave and ultimately great fit.

So, at the risk of bodily harm perpetrated by LJT, I voted for Brau. :wink: Mostly because I'm a classic rock chick and partly simply for his inclusion of these tracks:
1. The Beatles – “Revolution” - Past Masters, Vol. 2 (3:24)
10. Bob Dylan - “Subterranean Homesick Blues” - Greatest Hits (2:22)
22. U2 - “Original of the Species (Single Version)” - Original Of The Species (Single) (4:32)

But damn you for putting "Wake Up" on there... I get flashbacks and pre-concert excitement feelings when that song starts! :tongue:

We got a barn-burner.

LJT- "Apollo 13" is my favorite Tears song. Epic, romantic stuff. We're part of a tiny handful on this board who listen to The Tears.

Last edited:
Axver said:

'Tis live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qlhtexEgUE

Don't get sick watching it - the camerawork makes Hamish Hamilton seem as still as a statue. But the song's great, it slaughters Supermassive Black Hole.

Thanks man, can't wait for the album now, every other song I've heard has been much better than Supermassive Black Hole and even I like it...the album should be great!

Hey Brau, The Tears album is just divine:drool: It is like Brett and Bernard just forgot they hadn't been with each other for a decade. If it was released as a Suede album it would probably come a very close second to Dog Man Star, as you said it just shares that wonderful epic feeling.

There were 12 more votes altogether in the last round so still time....

...oh yeah no worries Hippy i'm all mouth, I really could not be bothered travelling across the Atlantic just to knock off a few people...be worried if you live in the vicinity of Bristol though:wink:

Last edited:
LJT said:

...oh yeah no worries Hippy i'm all mouth, I really could not be bothered travelling across the Atlantic just to knock off a few people...be worried if you live in the vicinity of Bristol though:wink:

:lol:

Okay, then... I'm off the hook! It was seriously a very tough decision

Oh yeah, I've been listening to The Tears as well! (Thanks to Brau :D)

Only two in it...MrBrau kills kittens:yes:

As they say by hook or by crook.....:wink:

I know...i'm this much away from saying Brau is really George Bush:wink:

Hell yeah if i voted for myself, we would be even right now:p

Darlin your tracklisting is excellent:up: You stand a greater chance of progressing beyond the heats than I do!

I think I only have about 3/4 hours left:(

Edit: 7 people who voted last time, have still not voted hmm...maybe still some hope.

Last edited:
We've got 1.5 hours to go.

Neither LJT nor Brau deserves to lose this.

Ok I didn't want to be forced to say this, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

MrBrau is Hitler's clone created to continue Hitlers diabolical schemes.

Last edited:
Ahh well, I gave a good fight:up:

I really really really really really should have voted for myself though:p

:edit:Ok who just voted for me:shifty:

You shall have riches in the next life:wink:

Er ... if this ends up being a draw, what do we do? I haven't formulated any procedure in case of a draw.

^if it does, I'd say just extend the voting until someone receives another vote. the two competitors can do some last minute campaigning/threatening with their little buddies who haven't voted yet. ;)

just my opinion though

VertigoGal said:
^if it does, I'd say just extend the voting until someone receives another vote. the two competitors can do some last minute campaigning/threatening with their little buddies who haven't voted yet. ;)

just my opinion though

That's what I'd like to do - we'd just need a mod to be around to extend the voting period.

Let's just hope it doesn't end in a draw, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom