Desert Island Album Game: Heat 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which tracklisting do you prefer?

• inmyplace13's tracklisting

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • namkcuR's tracklisting

Votes: 19 44.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going to go for namkcuR's tracklisting. I knew most of it already, and while inmyplace13 generally seems to have better flow, I don't really like a lot of the songs. namkcuR's tracklisting has some of my favourite U2 songs, I'm glad to see Cash's Hurt cover there, and the Joy Division and Pink Floyd inclusions are also high points. Speaking of PF, inmyplace13's inclusion of Dogs nearly swung me in favour of his tracklisting as I love that song a lot, but songs such as Wilco's Jesus, Etc., The Flaming Lips' Fight Test, and the Broken Social Scene stuff really put me off due to its sheer blandness. Oh, and I hate Sufjan Stevens too (after all the hype, he was the biggest disappointment of 2005 for me). Another low point of both tracklistings is the Beatles and Radiohead inclusions, two bands who I think - at the risk of extreme flaming - are wildly over-rated.

At the end of the day, although I found it close, the fact namkcuR included Gone, The Fly, and Love Is Blindness won my vote.

Between the 2, I have to vote for namkcuR's list. I honestly don't know any of the songs on IMP's 2nd disc :reject: , but I did download and listen to them - didn't really do anything for me. He does have Lennon & Beatles on disc 1, but that wasn't enough to sway me. I know many of namkcuR's songs and like them (some are faves!), and downloaded the few I didn't know. Good job :up:

my vote goes to impy, because it has more songs I actually like and more variety

namkcuR's tracklisting isn't bad but it's too "classic bands" for me

Let's vote namkcuR! Let's vote namkcuR! Thirteen and a half hours left folks! Let's vote namkcuR! Let's vote namkcuR!

Would it be unethical to vote for myself more than once?

Probably.

So vote for namckuR people! Vote for namkcuR!

I voted for Imp, mainly because of the greater variety he has in his playlists, that being said I really like Nam's discs because I obviously really love U2, but I'm also big on the Pumpkin's....a lot of my favourite songs are on your discs, but I was thinking do I really want to hear just three bands again for the rest of my life? (i know there are more than three bands, just the majority of tracks are U2, Pumpkins and Radiohead).....though right now I think if I could change my vote or vote again it would go to Nam.

As a criticism of Imp's discs a few heavier tracks would have been cool, something that has a bit of rock n roll swagger as well ...and as Brau said something you could groove to would have been cool as well (Power Out withstanding) ...I disagree with Brau though that there is nothing in Nam's list that can be danced to....I have danced to a few of those songs...not exactly beach party dance songs but all the same they are danceable.....anyway if you want to make out or something With or Without You generally suffices pretty well.

As I have said though my vote was swayed initially by Imp's greater variety, sorry Nam:up:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom