Desert Island Album Game: Heat 1 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Which tracklisting do you prefer?
inmyplace13's tracklisting 24 55.81%
namkcuR's tracklisting 19 44.19%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-31-2006, 02:08 AM   #16
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Cheers Khan!
you're welcome

Old 05-31-2006, 03:39 AM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:05 AM
These replies need more impressions. I think I speak for Rucky and I both when I say a little feedback would be interesting.

Old 05-31-2006, 04:40 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

while i certainly applaud your effort in compiling your list namkcuR, it's a bit too classic rock for my tastes.

impy, your tracklisting is .

seriously, disc b is fantastic.

props, dude.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:35 AM   #19
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13
These replies need more impressions. I think I speak for Rucky and I both when I say a little feedback would be interesting.
I'm going to give thoughts when I vote. I was going to download and listen tonight, but now that I have the luxury of tomorrow, I might take some extra time.

Although I'm hoping that my computer doesn't die on me first, as I seem to be having some unfortunate problems. If it does die, I give hippy permission to continue with the polls (pretty much just use the format of this thread, as that's what I intended on doing).

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-31-2006, 06:34 AM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 10:05 PM
I voted for NamkuR tracklist. inmyplace13........sorry, you did not even have one single U2 song.......IMHO i think you are going to lose this round,but anyhoo lets see.....nice listing but
Old 05-31-2006, 06:50 AM   #21
ONE<br>love, blood, life

Location: Lookin' for the face I had before the world was made
Local Time: 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Although I'm hoping that my computer doesn't die on me first, as I seem to be having some unfortunate problems. If it does die, I give hippy permission to continue with the polls (pretty much just use the format of this thread, as that's what I intended on doing).

So the next round starts at 6:00 PM EST on June 1, right?
Old 05-31-2006, 06:54 AM   #22
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by hippy

So the next round starts at 6:00 PM EST on June 1, right?
That's correct.

I figured you'd be a good choice in case my computer dies as you're a premium member and you're well-acquianted with the competition. Hope you don't mind! I would've just PMed you but at the time, I thought my computer was about to go on me at any moment. It seems to be working at the moment ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-31-2006, 12:46 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:05 AM
ok...feedback...

great tracklistings both of you. i voted for imp's though. nam's was a little too much classic rock for me, and probably a little too much U2 even for a U2 fan forum.

imp i just found that i loved nearly all of the songs. crown of love, untitled 8, fight test, the golden age, etc...all some of my favorites, and i liked the feel/flow of it.

both good though.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:31 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

FYI-My analysis is completely literal to the desert island idea. That's how I compiled my discs, that's how I'll judge others.

I'm stuck on an island. Maybe I'm alone. Maybe we're mixed company. For some reason we have a working stereo, and 2 CDRs of music. This is the only music we'll hear for the REST OF OUR LIVES.

The thought of being stuck on an island, and never hearing a strong female voice in song again scares me. It scares me alot.

Another scarey thought is being suck on an island, and only hearing rock music recorded in the past 25 years. Only 25% of all these songs were recorded before 1981.

And 100% of these tunes are by "white" artists. I'm stuck on an island. Maybe we're a group of 4 males and 4 females. we're all naked. We're all scared. Until someone figures out how to make booze from coconut milk, or finds a ganja field. Can you say "Ultimate Beach Party?" Where's the hip shaking tunes?

That said, I don't know who to vote for.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:48 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1
FYI-My analysis is completely literal to the desert island idea. That's how I compiled my discs, that's how I'll judge others.

I'm stuck on an island. Maybe I'm alone. Maybe we're mixed company. For some reason we have a working stereo, and 2 CDRs of music. This is the only music we'll hear for the REST OF OUR LIVES.

The thought of being stuck on an island, and never hearing a strong female voice in song again scares me. It scares me alot.

Another scarey thought is being suck on an island, and only hearing rock music recorded in the past 25 years. Only 25% of all these songs were recorded before 1981.

And 100% of these tunes are by "white" artists. I'm stuck on an island. Maybe we're a group of 4 males and 4 females. we're all naked. We're all scared. Until someone figures out how to make booze from coconut milk, or finds a ganja field. Can you say "Ultimate Beach Party?" Where's the hip shaking tunes?

The music on my compilation IS what makes me want to get up dance.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:04 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:05 AM
hell... I thought at the beginning that every round would be like 1 week...

2 days?.. better for me.. so I can upload the things..
Old 05-31-2006, 06:05 PM   #27
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1

I see what you mean, I would have to sing U Can't Touch This to the rest of the beachgoers until the Others kidnap me and Walt.

WALLLLLLLLLLLLLTTTT.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:39 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I chose namkcuR's entry because it had so many songs on it that I love. A few of them are on my own tracklisting!
Old 05-31-2006, 07:55 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I voted for imp's list. It was a tough decision, but the flow from song to song won me over. The first three songs and last few on the first disc worked especially well together. At first, I wasn't sure about Neighborood #3 into Jesus Etc., but I enjoyed it.

A nice mix
Old 05-31-2006, 08:05 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:05 PM
I liked listening to both of these, plus they were both very different too. I decided to pick nam's list in the end - it came down to the fact that I knew more of the songs.

nam - I loved that you put Warped at the beginning of one the discs - I like loud opening tracks on CD's so that appealed to me. I also loved the switch from the Metallica song to the Simon & Garfunkel song - I was wondering how that was going to work but then I heard the end of the Metallica track. The only downside to this is that I felt there was alot of stuff from one genre - i would like to have heard some different stuff, but that is just my personal preference.

imp13 - I really loved those first three tracks on disc 1 - I went back and listened to them several times. I liked disc 2 more overall (particularly the Van Morrison and Sufjan Stevens tracks) despite the fact that there are two or three artists on there that I am unfamiliar with (namely Iron & Wine, Broken Social Scene and Bright Eyes). I really like 'woman king' - I shall definitely be checking more of Iron & Wine out - thank you!

Tags
desert island