Desert Island Album Game: Grand Final! - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Which tracklisting do you prefer?
VertigoGal's tracklisting 20 39.22%
LemonMacPhisto's tracklisting 31 60.78%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2006, 12:13 AM   #76
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1

Thanks for making my point.

According to the vote results, people on interference aren't moved by any music that isn't white male rock music.
I think that could be the case of people who do this game (which I never do), but not all intereference people. I occassionally drop in(but don't vote) and find at least half the tracks on each album are not to my liking. And my favorite female vocalist - Norah Jones - is never listed!

Old 06-29-2006, 12:24 AM   #77
Refugee

Local Time: 07:05 PM
Quote:
This is the best we can do?

70+ years of recorded music and this is the "creme of the crop" we'll listen to for the rest of our natural lives?

Do you people understand music didn't just "start" 10 years ago?

Sometimes black people make music?

Sometimes women make music?

All music isn't rock music?

I'm killing everyone on the island and eating them. A quick pass through my digestive system is better than a lifetime of these "mixes."

All the voters need to broaded their horizons. Alot. Their taste blows.
I actually love this post....it really is funny....i especially liked the "I'm killing everyone on the island and eating them"

But the post sounded like you were suggesting that people did not vote for compilations that had black people and women in it....i think that's stupid!!!

Your post did not personally offend me 'cause 2 reasons:
1. I don't care about opinions( the way i look at it, is that opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one but not all of them are pretty!)

2.I voted how i want to vote....I believe you got people offside with those comments and they and you got fired up,that's all!

Old 06-29-2006, 12:30 AM   #78
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by fly so high!

I actually love this post....it really is funny....i especially liked the "I'm killing everyone on the island and eating them"

But the post sounded like you were suggesting that people did not vote for compilations that had black people and women in it....i think that's stupid!!!

Your post did not personally offend me 'cause 2 reasons:
1. I don't care about opinions( the way i look at it, is that opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one but not all of them are pretty!)

2.I voted how i want to vote....I believe you got people offside with those comments and they and you got fired up,that's all!
It is a harsh post. It was supposed to be. But I also mentioned music that isn't rock music. ie classical, jazz, country, etc. Lots of white dudes in those genres. And music that's over 10 years old. Hell, that includes everyone under the sun.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:32 AM   #79
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Don't have exact stats but I must say that the majority of my songs are not from the last 10 years.

Ha. ha haa.

Did you end up voting brau or are you abstaining in protest?
Old 06-29-2006, 12:36 AM   #80
Refugee

Quote:

It is a harsh post. It was supposed to be. But I also mentioned music that isn't rock music. ie classical, jazz, country, etc. Lots of white dudes in those genres. And music that's over 10 years old. Hell, that includes everyone under the sun.
I know..........that's another reason why your post did not bother me........i did not get a bad vibe off you....i agree with you. I'm just pointing out why they (the other ding-dongs-that-need-to-loosen-up-too!) were putting on their cranky faces.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:37 AM   #81
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by VertigoGal
Don't have exact stats but I must say that the majority of my songs are not from the last 10 years.

Ha. ha haa.

Did you end up voting brau or are you abstaining in protest?
I voted for yours. It has more reach. LMP's multiple listings of Floyd, Oasis, and Radiohead really turned me off.

And I like Floyd, Oasis, and Radiohead. Seen them all live (if you count Roger Waters)

I have no problem with the makers of the lists.

I love you guys.

I'm challenging the voters to a discussion.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:39 AM   #82
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:05 AM
I have 8 songs Post-1996.

'60s - 4 songs
'70s - 8 songs
'80s - 7 songs
'90s - 10 songs
'00s - 7 songs

I think in terms of age, the songs are pretty evenly matched.

And about the multiple listings, I wasn't sure about having more than 1 song per artist, but I loved Oasis, Floyd, Radiohead, Springsteen, Bowie, The Beatles, and U2 so much I couldn't decide on one song.

Old 06-29-2006, 12:43 AM   #83
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by fly so high!

I know..........that's another reason why your post did not bother me........i did not get a bad vibe off you....i agree with you. I'm just pointing out why they (the other ding-dongs-that-need-to-loosen-up-too!) were putting on their cranky faces.
Cool.

I was kinda hoping for responses like:

"Fuck you dude...these songs rule."

But everyone went apeshit.

We walk on egg shells here, far too much. We all should be able to banter back and forth like old friends by now.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:50 AM   #84
ONE
love, blood, life

I will attempt to take part in said discussion...

I didn't put any music made by women or black people on my list, because when I thought and thought and thought about what music I wanted to put on such a compilation, no music made by either demographic popped into my head. But it only has to do with the music. The music I love could be made by white people, black people, red people, blue people, yellow people, men, women, aliens, people with three heads, people with five legs, etc etc. It doesn't matter. It's all about the music.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:54 AM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

see isn't this all nice and warm and fuzzy.

the eggshells I was treading couldn't spare me a beheading

I go through obsessive phases with music..

I actually regretted all my repeat artists though, I felt like I could've fit a wider range of stuff if I didn't have multiple songs by the same person.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:57 AM   #86
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:05 AM
holy crap, brau. you sure are having a conniption over nothing. you realize that the whole desert island thing is just a concept, right? it's not really going to happen. but by all means, if you're that worried about it, make your cd's and keep them on your person at all times. that way, when you actually get to the desert island, you will be the only one with cd's and we'll HAVE to listen to your all-race/gender/genre-encompassing playlist.

i voted for the lists that had the music that i liked best, plain and simple. i voted for lists that had the songs that i wanted to listen to, not the songs that i should listen to. yes, those lists happened to be chock-full of white male artists, but i still voted for them, and i'm a visible minority female. rock music made by white men does not offend me personally - does that assuage your white male guilt? is the race and sex of the artists more important than the music itself?

i mean c'mon, this is a U2 board. most people here are devoted to a white male rock band. did you really think it would turn out any other way?

i'm gonna be real honest here, brau. i've refrained from discussing a lot of music in this particular forum lately because of your tirades against what you think is indie bullshit. it's pretty hypocritical of you to say that everyone here has shit taste in music, whereas the same statement in, say, a switchfoot thread, would garner your standard response of 'pretentious asshole!!!' with all due respect, if you want opinions, quit stifling the discussion.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:02 AM   #87
Refugee

Quote:
see isn't this all nice and warm and fuzzy.

the eggshells I was treading couldn't spare me a beheading

I go through obsessive phases with music..

I actually regretted all my repeat artists though, I felt like I could've fit a wider range of stuff if I didn't have multiple songs by the same person.
Voting has not stopped yet..........what are you doing throwing the towel in already?
Old 06-29-2006, 01:08 AM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Well to be fair I never conceded defeat, just expressed regrets about certain minor little details.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:10 AM   #89
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:05 AM
Quote:
LMP

indra, we all want to know...are you voting, or just observing?

I'm not proud, or particularly ethical -- my vote can be had for the right price. ...and I have an alter too....

I don't think I've voted in any of the rounds. I did look at a few matchups but comparing the lists kept giving me a headache. It was too much like work!
Old 06-29-2006, 04:04 AM   #90
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:05 AM

Tags
desert island