Desert Island 3: Results & Awards Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Screwtape2

Blue Crack Addict
Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Dr
After a successful third installment of the Desert Island Game we have a winner:

The winner is…

Phanan

Congratulations to Phanan. The result of the final round was Phanan over LemonMacPhisto[/B] 19-8

GOLD: Phanan
SILVER: LemonMacPhisto
BRONZE: InMyPlace13
4th Place: Screwtape2
5th Place: Edge_2125

Congratulations to our medal winners and runner-ups!

And now that we've had the popular winner, here are the critics!

The Critics' Choice Awards

These awards are determined by the competition's critics - that is, contestants and outside observers who chose to participate. Each critic nominated three to five people in order of preference for every one of the following categories. 1st place was allocated 5 points, 2nd place received 4 points, 3rd got 3 points and so on. The recipient of the most points receives the award.

Best Cover Award

The winner for the Best Cover Award is…InMyPlace13 (12 points)

t2. Phanan (9)
t2. Zootlesque (9)
4. Corianderstem (8)
5. AtomicBono (6)
Congratulations to InMyPlace13!

Most Unique Award

The winner for the Most Unique Playlist Award is…Screwtape2 (19 points)

2. Lancemc (10)
t3. Axver (9)
t3. Khan (9)
5. AtomicBono (6)
Congratulations to Screwtape2!

Best Flow Award

The winner of the Best Flow Award is…Screwtape2 (15 points)

2. InMyPlace (14)
3. LemonMacPhisto (11)
4. LemonMelon (9)
5. Axver (8)

Best Mood Award

The winner for the Best Mood Award is…Screwtape2 (14 points)

2. Corianderstem (11)
3. InMyPlace (9)
t4. 4 tied at 5 (Axver, Angelordevil, Edge_2125 and LemonMelon)

Best Songs Award

The winner for the Best Songs Award is…PlaTheGreat (12 points)

2. LemonMelon (9)
3. Khan (8)
t4. Axver (7)
t4 Angelordevil (7)
Congratulations to PlaTheGreat!

Most Diverse Award

The winner of the Most Diverse Playlist Award is… Bono’s Lemon (12 points)

2. Screwtape (8)
3. LJT (7)
4. AtomicBono (6)
t5. 4 tied at 5 (InMyPlace, LemonMacPhisto, Phanan and Zootlesque.)
Congratulations to Bono’s Lemon!

Most Creative Award

The winner of the award for Most Creative Playlist Award is...Screwtape2 (20 points)

2. Axver (15)
3. InMyPlace (9)
4. LJT (8)
5. Lancemc (7)

Best Playlist Award

Now it is time for the final and most important award. This award was one of the tightest and most surprising.

:bonodrum: :bonodrum: :bonodrum: :bonodrum: :bonodrum:

The winner for the Best Playlist Award is…Screwtape2 (15 Points)

t2. InMyPlace (12)
t2. Phanan (12)
4. LemonMelon (10)
5. Axver (9)

If you'd like to know how you did for any category, ask in the thread.

And now for some fun facts from the voting:

* Every contestant was nominated in at least one event.
* Five people were nominated for every award (Axver, inmyplace13, Lancemc, LemonMacPhisto and Screwtape2).
*15 of the 19 contestants were nominated for Best Songs.
*15 of the 19 contestants were nominated for Best Cover.
*A newcomer was in the top 5 for 7 of the 8 awards.

The next installment will come in the next few months.

Up Next: The Symphonic Album Game!

Last edited:
Thanks to the critics for the picks. I did enjoy this competition too. The best part was getting exposed to a whole bunch of new music! :up:

I still had the best covers in my never-accepted two-disc, dance-oriented submission.

disc1artlj5.jpg

disc2artlg9.jpg

I think the e-mail may have been rigged. I'm investigating. The investigation shall henceforth be known as the Screwtape Letters.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Can we call these the Screwtape Awards? :wink:

I don't know how Screwtape hasn't won this thing yet...he did best in the awards last time to...surely if all the awards were combined we would have to conclude his playlist was the best...yet it does not win...puzzling:hmm:

phillyfan26 said:
I think the e-mail may have been rigged. I'm investigating. The investigation shall henceforth be known as the Screwtape Letters.

:lol: I'm going to have to have someone else do the awards before people start thinking they are rigged. Believe me when I say I was more surprised than anyone else. :wink:

LJT said:

I don't know how Screwtape hasn't won this thing yet...he did best in the awards last time to...surely if all the awards were combined we would have to conclude his playlist was the best...yet it does not win...puzzling:hmm:

There was only a certain number of people involved with these awards - not everyone who participated in the game and voted in the polls did them, so there's the major reason for the difference.

I keed. I keed. I absolutely believe it - your playlist was great. :up:

I just think a lot of people who vote in the polls don't listen to the playlists, but the critics do, and that's where the differences come from.

I would disagree with that assessment this time around. We typically had around 15-25 votes in each heat, and there were 19 people involved in the game, plus a few others listened.

I think the voting reflects everyone's opinion who listened, while the awards are from a select few, or several (I can't remember how many were involved off the top of my head).

phanan said:
I would disagree with that assessment this time around. We typically had around 15-25 votes in each heat, and there were 19 people involved in the game, plus a few others listened.

I think the voting reflects everyone's opinion who listened, while the awards are from a select few, or several (I can't remember how many were involved off the top of my head).

It definitely was a better turnout this time than before in the real listener: voter ratio. Congrats to everyone who participated and thank you very much for exposing me to some new music. I was jonesing for some more.

I was one of the critics, btw. :wave:

(Meg'sLegs, check your mail.)

Last edited:
phanan said:

There was only a certain number of people involved with these awards - not everyone who participated in the game and voted in the polls did them, so there's the major reason for the difference.

I know...but Screwtape did perform quite well in the previous awards to...and those were open to everyone to vote in weren't they?

I'm not suggesting any actual conspiracy though:shifty:...I am just quite surprised Screwy has not won yet!

No, the last Critics Choice was actually more closed. The only voters were the contestants. This time, anyone could be a critic if they signed up.

Was there not less critics this time though? I thought more people voted last time round?

Ahh well congrats to all the winners:D

LJT said:
Was there not less critics this time though? I thought more people voted last time round?

Ahh well congrats to all the winners:D

Yeah, there were less critics this time. I think that was simply because the requests for critics got lost in threads.

I would have volunteered but I thought you guys were limiting the critics to 10!

LemonMacPhisto said:
Can we call these the Screwtape Awards? :wink:

Well, I guess it's better than the Axver Awards, which is what I was expecting. :wink:

Damn Pla for getting the song award. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom