Desert Island 3 Master List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Screwtape2

Blue Crack Addict
Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Dr

Forum Name: Screwtape2
Tracklist Title: A Little Chopin & Nightflight

This playlist is about the aliens of society who fall by the hand of the most beautiful human qualities. The first is A Little Chopin and the second is Nightflight. The latter is of particular personal interest to me. I recently found out that Syd Barrett and I have something troubling in come. With the first anniversary of his death coming I’ve been thinking a lot of about that. Syd was a butterfly whose head from the clouds, called him higher and higher. I wanted to put across the beauty of his mind and spirit. Nightflight is an attempt to put you into the chaotic mind of a schizophrenic. Syd had the mind of a hopeless romantic trying to reach the unreachable. I’d like to dedication this playlist to him. This is a presentation of each piece:

An angel spoke: I am the wing by which the ages pass. I am the bird on the lamppost. Everyday I wear this halo that I stole from a local school play. The drama teacher still seeks me out. I also wear this wooden wonder…wings. I fly where other dare not tread…where lovers whisper their nightmares of. I carry two globes…one of war and the other of love. With both I bring what must be to pass. I am an angel of death. I come in the gentle breeze. It was the dream to take off this costume that brought me to the skylight of an apartment. There through the gloom I heard a piano play. Below me rest a lonely woman alone at her piano. The next night I let myself in and lay in bed with her as see whispered of her dreams. A man to sweep me off my feet she said. I had a fantasy above my halo of a life with her. But by nature’s call I had to hunt. Among the darkness her notes continued to play in my head. So I return to the siren’s call. I brought about what must be for her and me by the request of a little more Chopin. :)

A hairless man spoke: I am a dreamer in the words of the outside world…moving closer. Hold my remote. Let’s try to see if you can control the televisions in my head. Just point to the forehead and push away. Try this antenna to see if you’re picking up what I am. …Nothing? Well…at least help me look for the actual remote. I can’t keep these channels from constantly changing. …Nothing? Do you at least what to play with my toy plane? …No? You don’t like broken toy planes? Well…try the remote again. This plane has a story that I like to tell but I don’t want the channels to keep changing during it. I knew a soul in love and taken off his feet by love. He kept trying to find this dream. He went higher and higher in his little wooden plane. Just under the clouds he flew in romantic desperation. On his little radio, a message came in. ‘Syd it’s Roger. Please come down.’ This act of friendship frightened and touched him at the same time. The radio died as his tiny engine cut. A tiny spark of emotion from him ignited the fuel. His plane fell like a burning star across the sky. One last message…‘are you there Roger? Are you there?’ His broken toy plane sank while his courage marked the sky where no others would try a nightflight. :)

A Little Chopin
1. U2- "Beautiful Ghost-Introduction To Songs Of Experience" - Unreleased and Rare (3:54)
2. Todd Rundgren- "Tiny Demons" –Healing (3:09)
3. Little Jimmy Scott- "Sycamore Trees" –Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me Soundtrack (3:58)
4. Frédéric Chopin- "Prelude In D Flat" –The Very Best of Chopin (6:03)
5. Passengers- "Your Blue Room" –Original Soundtracks 1 (5:28)
6. Julee Cruise- "Mysteries Of Love" –Floating In The Night (4:29)
7. Dennis McCarthy- "The Nexus/A Christmas Hug" -Star Trek-Generations Soundtrack (7:06)
8. Siouxsie & The Banshees- "Night Shift" –Juju (6:06)
9. Ennio Morricone- "Man With A Harmonica" –Once Upon A Time In The West Soundtrack (3:30)
10. Roger Waters- “Overture” –Ca Ira (4:08)
11. Sting- "Island Of Souls" –Soul Cages (6:41)
12. Porcupine Tree- "Stars Die" –The Sky Moves Sideways (5:01)
13. Gabriel Faure- "Pavane in F sharp minor, Op. 50" -Suite "Pelleas Et Melisande", Pavane, Fantaisie, Suite " Masques Et Bergamasques" (5:49)
14. Smashing Pumpkins- "Farewell And Goodnight" –Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness (4:23)
Total time: 1:09:45

Nightflight
1. Tori Amos- “Sleeps With Butterflies” –The Beekeeper (3:38)
2. The Police- "Secret Journey" –Ghost In The Machine (3:33)
3. Peter Gabriel- "Humdrum" -1 (3:26)
4. Tears For Fears- "Mad World" –The Hurting (3:35)
5. Depeche Mode- “I Want It All” –Playing The Angel (6:09)
6. Moby- "Hymn" –The Very Best Of Moby (3:19)
7. Fiona Apple- "Shadowboxer" –Tidal (5:26)
8. Roy Orbison- "Running Scared" -The All-Time Greatest Hits Of Roy Orbison (2:15)
9. Miles Davis- “Green” –Aura (4:24)
10. Giacomo Puccini- “Nessum Dorma” –The Ultimate Opera Collection (3:24)
11. David Bowie- “Life On Mars?” –Hunky Dory (3:52)
12. Coldplay- "Politik" –A Rush Of Blood To The Head (5:18)
13. The Cure- "Disintegration" –Disintegration (8:23)
14. Gustav Holst- “Op. 32 - 6. Uranus, the Magician” –The Planets (6:02)
15. Arcade Fire- “Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)” –Funeral (4:48)
16. Phil Collins- "Droned" –Face Value (2:50)
17. Pink Floyd- “Hey You” –The Wall (4:39)
18. Kate Bush- “This Woman’s Work” –The Sensual World (3:35)
Total time: 1:18:36
Total time: 2:28:21

Lancemc
DISC 1

1. Boston Pops Orchestra – “The Planets, Op. 32: I. Mars, the Bringer of War” – Holst: The Planets (6:45)
2. The Rolling Stones – “Gimme Shelter” – Let it Bleed (4:35)
3. Bjork – “5 Years” – Homogenic (4:29)
4. Radiohead – “I Might Be Wrong” – Amnesiac (4:53)
5. U2 – “Lemon” – Zooropa (6:58)
6. The Flaming Lips – “Ego Tripping At The Gates Of Hell” – Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots (4:34)
7. LCD Soundsystem – “Someone Great” – Sound Of Silver (6:25)
8. Patti Smith – “Land” – Horses (9:25)
9. Sufjan Stevens – “Chicago” – Come On, Feel The Illinoise (6:04)
10. Arcade Fire – “Haiti” – Funeral (4:07)
11. Brian Eno – “Another Green World” – Another Green World (1:36)
12./13. Kurt Masur – “Symphony No. 5 In C Minor – 3- Allegro/Symphony No. 5 In C Minor – 4 – Allegro2” – Beethoven The Nine Symphonies (8:32/11:09)

DISC 2

1. The Who – “A Quick One While He’s Away” – Live At Leeds (8:52)
2. Beck – “Sexx Laws” – Midnight Vultures (3:39)
3. Bob Dylan – “Lily, Rosemary, And The Jack Of Hearts” – Blood On The Tracks (8:53)
4. Maazel/Orchestre National de France – “Bolero” – Ravel: Bolero (13:52)
5. Daniel Lanois – “Where The Hawkwind Kills” – Acadie (3:51)
6. Bruce Springsteen – “Wild Billy’s Circus Story” – The Wild, The Innocent, And The E Street Shuffle (4:47)
7. Talking Heads – “This Must Be The Place (Naïve Melody)” – Stop Making Sense (4:57)
8. Wilco – “I Am Trying To Break Your Heart” – Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (6:58)
9. David Bowie – “Subterraneans” – Low (5:39)
10. London Symphony Orchestra, Claudio Abbado – “Ouvertüre "The Hebrides" ("Fingalshöhle"), Op.26” - Mendelssohn 5 Symphonies, 7 Overtures (10:29)
11. R.E.M. – “Find The River” – Automatic For The People (3:49)

PARAGRAPH

So I was disappointed with my first Desert Island playlist. It still made the quarter/semi? finals, but I didn’t like it. I originally had an idea for a more cohesive and thematically dynamic list, but decided that a true “desert island” tracklist would just be a compilation of all the artists I loved and the songs that best represented why I loved them. I still failed. But this time, I went more with what I had planned originally. I’ve incorporated several classical/romantic period compositions to serve as cornerstones for the entire list. I had wanted to use the Mars –> Gimme Shelter opening as it truly kicks ass. I also wanted to use the complete second half of Beethoven’s 5th symphony in my list somewhere, and settled on closing the first disc with it. Some may consider it “cheating” since it’s technically two tracks from the same Album/Artist, but Axver has OK-ed this particular selection for me on several occasions. I feel it really acts as the true centerpiece for the entire playlist this time around, and contains it’s own epic and compelling emotional and thematic narrative that the rest of the list almost acts of a sort of companion to it. The first of the other two “classical” pieces I chose was Revel’s “Bolero” which I could probably listen to over and over again all day. He described the piece as “Absolutely no music, but all tone.” The final classical (romantic) piece is Mendelssohn’s “Hebrides Overture,” which details an autobiographical journey through a storm at Fingal’s Cave in Northern Europe. I thought it was the perfect segue musically and thematically to the closer, R.E.M.’s classic “Find The River”. The rest of the playlist consists of several smaller cohesive units revolving around the self-appointed themes (in order); traditional songwriting wrapped in electronic styling [3-7, Disc 1], physical space and travel [8-11, Disc 1], love and lust [1-3, Disc 2], and finally coming home [5-11, Disc 2]. I’m actually very proud of this list, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do, and find the structure and the “musical journey” as rewarding as I’d like to think it is.

Forum name: phanan

Connections

I tend to view my playlist as a book of short stories, each one different from
the next, but having an overall theme of connections between people and how
those connections impact their lives. From soldiers to models, or from lovers
to friends, these songs produce a snapshot of how different people handle things
in their own, unique way, yet together they show how strong those connections
can be.

Enjoy!

1. Moby - "Hymn" - Everything Is Wrong (3:17)
2. Gorillaz - "Last Living Souls" - Demon Days (3:11)
3. Royksopp - "Remind Me (Someone Else's Mix) - Melody A.M. (Bonus Disc) (3:41)
4. Kraftwerk - "The Model" - The Man Machine (3:40)
5. INXS - "The Stairs" - X (4:57)
6. Crowded House - "World Where You Live" - Crowded House (3:05)
7. The Beatles - "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" - Help! (2:08)
8. Blur - "The Universal" - The Best Of Blur (3:59)
9. Snow Patrol - "Chocolate" - Final Straw (3:11)
10. Mew - "Snow Brigade" - Frengers (4:20)
11. Echo & The Bunnymen - "Seven Seas" - Ocean Rain (3:20)
12. Coldplay - "Sleeping Sun" - Talk single (3:08)
13. Blackfield - "Christenings" - Blackfield II (4:38)
14. Anathema - "Anyone, Anywhere" - Judgement (4:51)
15. Elton John - "Talking Old Soldiers" - Tumbleweed Connection (4:05)
16. Dire Straits - "The Man's Too Strong" - Brothers In Arms (4:39)
17. The Arcade Fire - "Keep The Car Running" - Neon Bible (3:29)
18. Guster - "Barrel Of A Gun" - Lost And Gone Forever (3:12)
19. Fleetwood Mac - "Never Going Back Again" - Rumours (2:15)
20. Led Zeppelin - "Bron-Yr-Aur" - Physical Graffiti (2:07)
21. Bruce Springsteen - "Shut Out The Light" - Tracks (3:53)
22. Editors - "All Sparks" - The Back Room (3:33)
23. The Samples - "Everytime" - The Last Drag (4:19)
24. Porcupine Tree - "Lazarus" - Deadwing (4:19)
25. Mute Math - "Control" - Reset EP (4:37)
26. Interpol - "C'mere" - Antics (3:12)
27. Stars - "Ageless Beauty" - Set Yourself On Fire (4:05)
28. The White Stripes - "You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told)" -
Icky Thump (3:54)
29. The Rolling Stones - "Street Fighting Man" - Beggars Banquet (3:15)
30. The Who - "Behind Blue Eyes" - Who's Next (3:41)
31. Pink Floyd - "Hey You" - The Wall (4:41)
32. Radiohead - "Let Down" - OK Computer (5:00)
33. U2 - "The Ground Beneath Her Feet" - Million Dollar Hotel (3:44)
34. Pure Reason Revolution - "The Exact Colour" - The Dark Third (4:04)
35. The Postal Service - "Such Great Heights" - Give Up (4:27)
36. Yes - "Evensong" - Union (0:52)
37. Slowdive - "Machine Gun" - Souvlaki (4:27)
38. Sigur Ros - "Refur" - Saeglopur (2:43)
39. Passengers - "Slug" - Original Soundracks I (4:42)
40. Ride - "Vapour Trail" - Nowhere (4:17)
41. R.E.M. - "Find The River" - Automatic For The People (3:50)
42. Alcest - "Tir Nan Og" - Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde (6:10)
Total time: 2:38:55

U2vertigofly

Tracklist:
U2vertigofly’s Iron Tunes

01. The Killers - "Why Do I Keep Counting?" – Sam’s Town (4:24)
02. Arcade Fire - "Keep The Car Running" – Neon Bible (3:29)
03. The Rolling Stones - "Paint It, Black" – Aftermath (3:24)
04. Paul McCartney – “Dance Tonight” – Memory Almost Full (2:54)
05. The Who - "Pinball Wizard" – Then And Now (3:03)
06. John Mellencamp - "Crumblin’ Down" – Words & Music (3:34)
07. Billy Idol - "Mony Mony" – Don’t Stop - EP (5:03)
08. Genesis – “Invisible Touch” – Invisible Touch (3:29)
09. The Police- “Can’t Stand Losing You” – Every Breath You Take: The Classics (3:01)
10. Robert Plant & The Strange Sensations – “Shine It All Around” – Mighty Rearranger (4:03)
11. R.E.M. - “It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)” – Document (4:06)
12. Jimmy Buffett – “One Particular Harbour” – Meet Me In Margaritaville: The Ultimate Collection (5:30)
13. Big & Rich – “Holy Water” – A Horse Of Different Color (4:16)
14. Dave Mathews – “Some Devil” – Some Devil (4:04)
15. Michael Hutchence & Bono – “Slide Away” – Slide Away (4:24)
16. Pink Floyd – “Comfortably Numb” – The Wall (6:24)
17. Eric Clapton – “Cocaine” – The Cream Of Clapton (3:39)
18. The Band – “Stage Fright” – Stage Fright (3:43)
19. Chuck Berry – “Roll Over Beethoven” – The Anthology (2:24)
20. The Beach Boys – “Help Me, Rhonda” – The Greatest Hits Vol. 1
21. King Cotton Blues Band – “Goin’ Down” – 10’ Tall (7:07)
22. Otis Redding – “(Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The Bay”- Dock Of The Bay (2:45)
23. Led Zeppelin- “Achilles Last Stand” – Latter Days: The Best Of Led Zeppelin (10:22)
24. The Beatles – “Within You Without You/Tomorrow Never Knows” – Love (3:07)
25. AC/DC – “Hells Bells” – Back In Black (5:12)
26. The White Stripes – “Seven Nation Army” – Elephant (3:51)
27. Green Day – “Working Class Hero” - Instant Karma (4:23)
28. Bon Jovi- “Blaze of Glory” – Cross Road (5:40)
29. The Fratellis – “Flathead” – Costello Music (3:17)
30. Velvet Revolver – “She Builds Quick Machines” – Libertad (4:02)
31. Smashing Pumpkins – “Tarantula” – Zeitgeist (3:49)
32. Aerosmith – “Dream On” – A Little South Of Sanity- Live (4:50)
33. Bruce Springsteen – “Blinded By The Light” – Greetings From Asbury Park, NJ (5:04)
34. Queen – “Hammer To Fall” – Live At Wembley Stadium (6:03)
35. U2 – 11 O’Clock Tick Tock (Encore) – The Complete U2 – Live From Boston 1981 (5:01)
36. Elvis Presley – “Suspicious Minds” – Elvis Live (7:27)

Total run time: 2:39:41 (159:41)

Paragraph:
In my play list I went with a mix of songs that rock, and songs you can relax to. It really picks up quick just over halfway through and builds up to a couple of live tracks with a great energy to them. I ended it with Elvis because he was an influence to nearly all of the other artists on my list and he is defiantly in my top 5 artists of all time. Plus, he is probably the only artist I could listen to that can sing the same line for 5 minutes and make it work. Overall, I enjoy this play list more than my previous play list and I'm glad I got the opportunity to make it for this contest. I called it Iron Tunes, for two reasons. 1. Quite a few of the songs (especially those towards the end) are frequently played on the radio when we lift, and 2. It’s just a kick ass name. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. So I hope you all enjoy and vote for my list.

Forum name: angelordevil
Tracklist title: From Apathy to Ascension, or "What I Think About in the Shower"

It's hard to ignore the darkness that surrounds us all at the moment. Whether it's global warming, the "War on Terror," or Aids in Africa, we're living and breathing in a time of heartache. Where's the hope? It could be right around that dark corner. It could start with electing the right politician, coming up with a brave new idea...or simply by sharing a bunch of songs that truly move you.

I wanted my tracklist to reflect a kind of arc...with an eventual exit point into something great. That "great" thing could be spirit, friendship, life after war, meeting aliens...love. I'll leave it up to you to decide.

Hope you enoy!

Island 1

1. Echo & The Bunnymen - "Over The Wall" - Heaven Up Here (5:59)
2. Muse - "Apocalypse Please" - Absolution (4:12)
3. The Rolling Stones - "Gimme Shelter" - Let It Bleed (4:36)
4. The Beatles - "Revolution" - The Beatles - Love (2:14)
5. Thom Yorke - "Harrowdown Hill" (Extended Mix) - Cd Single (Import) (6:59)
6. Smashing Pumpkins - "United States" - Zeitgeist (9:53)
7. David Bowie - "Heroes" - Heroes (6:10)
8. Radiohead - "2 + 2 = 5" - Hail To The Thief (3:24)
9. The Arcade Fire - "Black Wave/Bad Vibrations" - Neon Bible (3:57)
10. Pink Floyd - "Us And Them" - Echoes (7:51)
11. Pixes - "Where Is My Mind?" - Surfer Rosa (3:53)
12. The White Stripes - "I'm Slowly Turning Into You" - Icky Thump (4:34)

Runs: 103: 46

Island 2

1. Sarah McLachlan - "Fear" - Rarieties, B-Sides & Other Stuff (6:41)
2. U2 - "New Year's Day" - U218 (4:18)
3. Red Hot Chili Peppers - "The Power Of Equality" - Blood Sugar Sex Magic (4:03)
4. Neil Young - "Cowgirl in the Sand" - Greatest Hits (10:08)
5. Weezer - "Island In The Sun" - Weezer (Green Album) (3:20)
6. John Lennon - "Bring On The Lucie (Freda Peeple)" - Children of Men (Soundtrack) (4:13)
7. The Tragically Hip - "Bobcaygeon" - Phantom Power (4:55)
8. The Clash - "Clampdown" - The Essential Clash (3:50)
9. Annie Lennox - "Don't Let It Bring You Down" - Medusa (3:38)
10. John Williams - "E.T. Is Alive!" - E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (Soundtrack) (4:06)
11. Feist - "I Feel It All" - The Reminder (3:39)
12. Pearl Jam - "Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town" - Vs (3:14)
13. Sloan - "I've Gotta Try" Never Hear The End Of It (2:22)
14 R.E.M. "Be Mine" - New Adventures in Hi-Fi (5:32)

Runs: 1:04: 05

Total runtime: 2:07: 51

Forum name: AtomicBono

Tracklist:

To encompass the variety of music I listen to, I decided to go with two distinct moods for this playlist. The songs on the first disc, Disorder, are generally aggressive and urgent, cutting to the bone. This was the list for the generally faster, harder music I listen to. The awesome assault of "Spanish Castle Magic" sets the tone (note how it doesn't sound at all dated next to a Rage Against the Machine track). The more dreamy closer of "On & On" provides a perfect segue into the second disc, . ..Into a Dream, which is a much more mellow, atmospheric collection. "A Different Kind of Blue" was used to introduce the disc as such, and I couldn't imagine "A Day In The Life" anywhere on the list except as the last track. Ultimately, I tried to pick songs that went together well but were also some of my favourites. Despite the diversity of the list, I wanted it to feel like one cohesive collection. My hope is that people will listen to this and see that, and maybe check out some artists they wouldn't have otherwise.
AtomicBono

Disorder

1. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - "Spanish Castle Magic" - Axis: Bold as Love (3:05)
2. Rage Against the Machine - "Killing in the Name" - Rage Against the Machine (5:14)
3. Chevelle - "The Clincher" - This Type of Thinking Could Do Us In (3:43)
4. Mos Def - "Zimzallabim" - The New Danger (3:41)
5. Muse - "Hysteria" - Absolution (3:47)
6. Tool - "Parabola" - Lateralus (6:03)
7. Bloc Party - "Pioneers" - Silent Alarm (3:34)
8. Interpol - "Say Hello to the Angels" - Turn On the Bright Lights (4:28)
9. Tokyo Police Club - "Be Good" - A Lesson In Crime (2:04)
10. Editors - "Munich" - The Back Room (3:46)
11. Television - "See No Evil" - Marquee Moon (3:53)
12. The Fall of Troy - "Whacko Jacko Steals the Elephant Man's Bones" - Doppelgänger (4:50)
13. Deftones - "Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away)" - Around the Fur (5:08)
14. Sunny Day Real Estate - "Snibe" - The Rising Tide (4:29)
15. U2 - "Discotheque" - Pop (5:21)
16. Organized Konfusion - "Bring It On" - Stress: The Extinction Agenda (3:18)
17. Alien Ant Farm - "Drifting Apart" - truANT (2:56)
18. Joy Division - "Disorder" - Unknown Pleasures (3:43)
19. Film School - "On & On" - Film School (5:39)

Total runtime: 78:23

...Into a Dream

1. Passengers - "A Different Kind of Blue" - Original Soundtracks 1 (2:01)
2. Amusement Parks on Fire - "Vensosa" - Amusement Parks on Fire (4:22)
3. Porcupine Tree - "Trains" - In Absentia (5:56)
4. Wilco - "Wishful Thinking" - A Ghost is Born (4:41)
5. Bang Gang - "Find What You Get" - Something Wrong (3:28)
6. Keane - "Nothing In My Way" - Under the Iron Sea (4:00)
7. Dredg - "Same Ol' Road" - El Cielo (5:14)
8. Radiohead - "Climbing Up The Walls" - OK Computer (5:14)
9. Joseph Arthur - "Can't Exist" - Our Shadows Will Remain (4:08)
10. Outkast - "Da Art of Storytellin' (Part II)" - Aquemini (2:48)
11. Smashing Pumpkins - "Set the Ray to Jerry" - Rarities and B-Sides (4:10)
12. TV On the Radio - "Staring at the Sun" - Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes (3:26)
13. Pleasant Grove - "Impossible" - The Art of Leaving (6:00)
14. Cee-Lo - "Sometimes" - Cee Lo Green... Is the Soul Machine (5:06)
15. Bright Eyes - "Coat Check Dream Song" - Cassadaga (4:11)
16. The Velvet Underground - "Stephanie Says" - Peel Slowly and See (2:56)
17. Sigur Rós - "Gong" - Takk... (5:35)
18. The Beatles - "A Day In The Life" - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (5:33)

Total runtime: 78:44

LemonMelon

Paragraph: Hello. First off, let me thank you for reading this little explanatory paragraph, and, more so, for listening to my playlist. I crafted it over the course of 3 months, and it shows. I made sure there was as little fat present as possible, and it was more for your enjoyment, rather than mine because, left to my own devices, this list would be an extremely lengthy, navel-gazing mess rather than the tight aural analysis of my personality that I intended it to be. Or perhaps I’m looking too much into this. That wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Now, you may be ask, “is there anything in particular--a concept, a mood, a statement--that you were going for with this list?” The answer is, quite simply, no. My list mostly scrapes the more friendly, sane side of my personality; I wanted something very accessible and enjoyable to be available to you all. In this tournament, I think that artistic statements are best left to those who think they are capable of making such statements within the rules we have been given, and I do not think such a thing is completely possible. So, as a result, I decided to run through my record collection, picking out my favorite songs by each artist, and then I whittled it down to what you see today. Segueing was important to me, and I am quite proud of some of the transitions I was able to come up with. So enjoy yourself. I really want you to!

CD 1
1. U2 – “Zooropa” – Zooropa (6:29)
2. The Shins – “Kissing The Lipless” – Chutes Too Narrow (3:16)
3. Bob Dylan – “Meet Me In The Morning” – Blood On The Tracks (4:19)
4. Joni Mitchell – “Help Me” – Court And Spark (3:23)
5. Steely Dan – “Black Cow” – Aja (5:09)
6. Wilco – “I’m Always In Love” – Summerteeth (3:40)
7. The Byrds – “I’ll Feel A Whole Lot Better” – Greatest Hits (2:33)
8. XTC – “Mayor Of Simpleton” – Oranges And Lemons (3:57)
9. Arcade Fire – “Wake Up” – Funeral (5:32)
10. R.E.M. – “What’s The Frequency, Kenneth?” – Monster (3:59)
11. Supergrass – “Pumping On Your Stereo” – Supergrass (3:18)
12. Super Furry Animals – “The International Language Of Screaming” – Radiator (2:13)
13. Oasis – “Cigarettes & Alcohol” – Definitely Maybe (4:48)
14. Jimi Hendrix – “Little Wing” – Axis: Bold As Love (2:25)
15. Marvin Gaye – “Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)” – What’s Going On (5:27)
16. Al Green – “Let’s Stay Together” – Greatest Hits (3:17)
17. Sheryl Crow – “If It Makes You Happy” – Sheryl Crow (5:24)
18. Pulp – “Babies” – His ‘N’ Hers (4:03)
19. Beck – “Debra” – Midnite Vultures (5:43)
Total runtime: 79:05
CD 2
1. Radiohead – “Airbag” – OK Computer (4:43)
2. The Flaming Lips – “This Here Giraffe” – Clouds Taste Metallic (3:45)
3. TV On The Radio – “I Was A Lover” – Return To Cookie Mountain (4:20)
4. My Bloody Valentine – “Only Shallow” – Loveless (4:15)
5. Sufjan Stevens – “Casimir Pulaski Day” – Illinois (5:52)
6. Interpol – “Untitled” – Turn On The Bright Lights (3:55)
7. Nick Drake – “Pink Moon” – Pink Moon (2:02)
8. Pink Floyd – “Fearless” – Meddle (6:04)
9. The Turtles – “Happy Together” – Happy Together (2:54)
10. Led Zeppelin – “Over The Hills And Far Away” – Houses Of The Holy (4:48)
11. The Beatles – “Strawberry Fields Forever” – Magical Mystery Tour (4:09)
12. Blur – “Beetlebum” – Blur (5:01)
13. David Bowie – “Golden Years” – Station To Station (3:59)
14. The Who – “Sunrise” – The Who Sell Out (3:05)
15. Paul McCartney – “Every Night” – McCartney (2:39)
16. Todd Rundgren – “I Saw The Light” – Something/Anything? (2:59)
17. The Kinks – “Animal Farm” – Village Green Preservation Society (3:00)
18. Donovan – “Hurdy Gurdy Man” – Greatest Hits (3:18)
19. Prince – “Purple Rain” – Purple Rain (8:39)
Total runtime: 79:37
Total entry runtime: 158:41

Bono’s Lemon
[img=http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4131/08of08ve4.jpg]
Forum Name: Bono’s Lemon

Are Euphoria?

I approached this playlist with no real idea for
theme, I merely picked some of my favorite songs by
many of my favorite artists and made them flow. As I
was looking for an image to define my playlist, I
realized why these particular songs were my favorites;
they stir something inside me and this entire
arrangement is a drool worthy euphoric experience for
my ears. Many of my selections, I noticed, are songs
that begin slowly, building into something grand and I
feel that this image presents both the mellow and
energetic aspects of my playlist. So as you listen to
these songs I ask, are euphoria?

1. Bright Eyes - "Road to Joy" - I'm Wide Awake, It's
Morning (3:54)
2. Streetlight Manifesto - "Everything Went Numb" -
Everything Goes Numb (3:29)
3. Modest Mouse - "Dance Hall" - Good News For People
Who Love Bad News (2:57)
4. ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead -
"Wasted State of Mind" - So Divided (5:24)
5. Thrice - "Of Dust and Nations" - Vheissu (4:52)
6. AFI - "...But Home is Nowhere" - Sing the Sorrow
(3:52)
7. The Receiving End of Sirens - "Planning a Prison
Break" - Between the Heart and The Synapse (5:18)
8. Shiny Toy Guns - "Stripped" - We Are Pilots (3:30)
9. VNV Nation - "Beloved" - Futureperfect (7:24)
10. Blaqk Audio - "Stiff Kittens" - CexCells (3:45)
11. Joy Division - "Shadowplay" - Unknown Pleasures
(3:53)
12. Interpol - "Stella Was a Diver and She Was Always
Down" - Turn On the Bright Lights (6:27)
13. Cold War Kids - "Hang Me Up To Dry" - Up In Rags
(3:38)
14. Placebo - "Space Monkey" - Meds (3:53)
15. Kate Bush - "Running Up That Hill" - Hounds of
Love (4:59)
16. The Killers - "All These Things That I've Done" -
Hot Fuss (5:01)
17. Jack's Mannequin - "Bruised" - Everything in
Transit (4:04)
18. Klaxons - "Golden Skans" - Myths of the Near
Future (2:45)
19. Bloc Party - "Luno" - Silent Alarm (3:57)
20. Brand New - "The Archers Bows Have Broken" - The
Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me (4:14)
21. The Arcade Fire - "Neighborhood #2 (Laika)" -
Funeral (3:32)
22. David Bowie - "Rebel, Rebel" - Diamond Dogs (4:30)
23. Hot Hot Heat - "Talk to Me, Dance With Me" - Make
Up the Breakdown (2:47)
24. The Smiths - "Frankly, Mr. Shankly" - The Queen Is
Dead (2:19)
25. The Decemberists - "Sixteen Military Wives" -
Picaresque (4:54)
26. Wilco - "Heavy Metal Drummer" - Yankee Hotel
Foxtrot (3:09)
27. Muse - "Bliss" - Origin of Symmetry (4:12)
28. Editors - "You Are Fading" - Rarities (4:30)
29. The Postal Service - "The District Sleeps Alone
Tonight" - Give Up (4:43)
30. U2 - "Gloria" - October (4:12)
31. Snow Patrol - "Make This Go On Forever" - Eyes
Open (5:47)
32. Gary Jules - "Mad World" - Donnie Darko Soundtrack
(3:07)
33. Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Otherside" -
Californication (4:17)
34. Third Eye Blind - "Motorcycle Drive By" - Third
Eye Blind (4:22)
35. Madonna - "X-Static Process" - American Life
(3:49)
36. Dustin Kensrue -"Consider the Ravens" - Please
Come Home (4:15)
37. Death Cab For Cutie - "I Will Follow You Into the
Dark" - Plans (3:09)
38. Simon and Garfunkel - "The Boxer" - Bridge Over
Troubled Water (5:10)

PlaTheGreat
[img=http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4131/08of08ve4.jpg]
Forum Name: PlaTheGreat

1. Pink Floyd - "Time" - Dark Side Of The Moon (7:06)
2. Nine Inch Nails - "Every Day Is Exactly The Same" - With Teeth (4:54)
3. The Police - "Message In A Bottle" - Regatta De Blanc (4:51)
4. Muse - "Map Of The Problematique" - Black Holes & Revelations (4:18)
5. The Rolling Stones - "Gimme Shelter" - Forty Licks [Disc 1] (4:32)
6. Peter Gabriel - "Red Rain" - So (5:38)
7. U2 - "Please (Single) [Strings Version] - Please Single (5:49)
8. John Lennon - "Working Class Hero" - The Very Best Of John Lennon (3:51)
9. The Beatles - "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" - Love (3:46)
10.The Flaming Lips - "Mr. Ambulance Driver" - At War With The Mystics (4:21)
11. Moby - "In This World" - 18 (4:02)
12. Radiohead - "Subterranean Homesick Alien" - OK Computer (4:27)
13. Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Wet Sand" - Stadium Arcadium - JUPITER (5:09)
14. Queen - "Bohemiam Rhapsody" - A Night At The Opera (5:54)
15. Eagles - "Hotel California" - Eagles Greatest Hits, Vol. 2 (6:32)
16. George Harrison - "Isn't It A Pity" - All Things Must Pass [Disc 1] (7:13)
17. Duran Duran - "Ordinary World" - Greatest (4:42)
18. Coldplay - "Don't Panic" - Parachutes (2:19)
19. Frank Zappa - "Peaches En Regalia" - The Best Of (3:38)
20. Weezer – "Island In The Sun" – Weezer (Green Album) (3:20)
21. Outkast - "Hey Ya" - The Love Below (3:57)
22. Justin Timberlake – 'LovedStoned/I Think She Knows Interlude" – FutureSex/LoveSounds (7:24)
23. R.E.M. - "Nightswimming" - Automatic For The People (4:18)
24. Keane - "Untitled 1" - Hopes and Fears (5:36)
25. Sigur Ros - "Hoppipolla" - Takk... (4:28)
26. The Stone Roses - "Elephant Stone" - The Very Best of The Stone Roses (4:50)
27. The Who - "Pinball Wizard" - The Ultimate Collection [Disc 1] (3:01)
28. Oasis - "Don't Look Back In Anger" - (What's The Story) Morning Glory? (4:48)
29. Tears For Fears - "Break It Down Again" - The Best of Tears For Fears (4:33)
30. Smashing Pumpkins - "1979" - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (4:27)
31. Frank Sinatra - "Fly Me To The Moon" - The Very Good Years (2:31)
32. Rufus Wainwright - "Across The Universe" - Poses (4:12)
33. Joe Brown – "I'll See You In My Dreams" – Hittin the Hi Spots (3:16)

Total runtime: 2:33:45

My original idea behind this was to have two separate CD's: One containing a "'pessimist" list, the other with the "optimist" list. The idea came from listening to Pink Floyd's "The Wall" as it tracks the mental breakdown and then a small buildup at the end. I made it an unbroken iPod playlist to better suit the rules of the competition. It's meant to put a smile on your face at the very end and give you hope...if you are in fact trapped on a Desert Island. I took the idea behind the title seriously, as some of my songs definitely incorporate an "island" theme. Also, I love Top 40 hits and I wasn't about to go out of my way to out-indie myself for everyone. If all else fails, I've made myself what I consider a GREAT mix.

Last edited:
Forum name: Axver

Tracklist:

AOTEAROA: RUGGED INDIVIDUAL

This tracklist, which is divided into two parts, contains a number of themes. It was inspired by a lyric from the song Six Months In A Leaky Boat by Split Enz: "Aotearoa, rugged individual/Glistens like a pearl at the bottom of the world". Aotearoa is the Maori name for New Zealand and I thought I would showcase the often overlooked Kiwi music scene while illustrating both sides of the desert island experience: the inherent beauty and tranquility of a desert island (symbolised by Kapiti Island, offshore from my hometown on the Kapiti Coast) and the loneliness and solitude a stranded person would experience (symbolised by Stewart Island, located at the very bottom of New Zealand). It evolved into much more than that. The Kapiti Coast portion is a reflection on childhood and the feelings of an ex-pat thousands of kilometres from their home. The Stewart Island portion is fundamentally a dreary death lament containing an appreciation of living, and an acceptance of the tension present. Unconsciously, a concept story developed through the album that only became obvious to me when I was nearly finished. I only tweaked the tracklist in a few minor ways to serve the story, as my overall goal is to evoke soundscapes and emotions, not story concepts. It tells of the experience of two early settlers to New Zealand in the 1820s-30s, Egon and Rowena Verlaine; colonisers who discover a beautiful country and settle a new home on the Kapiti Coast, only for Egon's lust for adventure to reawaken and for their continued travels to go horrifically awry, wrecked on the shore of Stewart Island.

For more details, see: http://axver.livejournal.com/373114.html

Kapiti Island: Glistens Like A Pearl

1. Dave Dobbyn (feat. Herbs) - "Slice Of Heaven" - Overnight Success (4:37)
2. Swingers - "Counting The Beat" - Counting The Beat (2:44)
3. The Shadows - "Shadoogie" - The Final Collection (2:25)
4. Sneaky Feelings - "Someone Else's Eyes" - Waiting For Touchdown (3:27)
5. Finn Brothers - "Part Of Me, Part Of You" - Everyone Is Here (3:29)
6. Neil Finn - "She Will Have Her Way" - Try Whistling This (3:56)
7. Pop Art Toasters - "Everyone's Gonna Wonder" - Pop Art Toasters (2:46)
8. Crowded House - "World Where You Live" - Crowded House (3:05)
9. Rush - "Dreamline" - Roll The Bones (4:37)
10. Split Enz - "Six Months In A Leaky Boat" - Time And Tide (4:20)
11. Clannad (feat. Bono) - "In A Lifetime" - Macalla (3:12)
12. The Edge - "Rowena's Theme" - Captive Soundtrack (3:56)
13. Transatlantic - "Bridge Across Forever" - Bridge Across Forever (5:31)
14. Able Tasmans - "Little Hearts" - A Cuppa Tea And A Lie Down (4:03)
15. Spock's Beard - "Waste Away" - Beware Of Darkness (5:21)

Stewart Island: The Bottom Of The World

16. REM - "Feeling Gravity's Pull" - Fables Of The Reconstruction (4:51)
17. Anathema - "Fragile Dreams" - Alternative 4 (5:32)
18. Straitjacket Fits - "Bad Note For A Heart" - Melt (3:46)
19. Pink Floyd - "Cymbaline" - More (4:49)
20. Queen - "Death On Two Legs (Dedicated To...)" - A Night At The Opera (3:43)
21. Blackfield - "Epidemic" - Blackfield II (4:59)
22. Marillion - "Emerald Lies" - Fugazi (5:09)
23. The Bats - "North By North" - In Love With These Times (4:10)
24. The Chills - "Pink Frost" - Kaleidoscope World (4:00)
25. U2 - "Exit" - The Joshua Tree (4:14)
26. Joy Division - "New Dawn Fades" - Heart And Soul (4:48)
27. New Order - "Dreams Never End" - Movement (3:15)
28. The Cure - "One Hundred Years" - Pornography (6:40)
29. The Clean - "Getting Older" - Anthology (4:17)
30. The Verlaines - "Death And The Maiden" - Juvenilia (4:27)
31. Passengers - "One Minute Warning" - Original Soundtracks 1 (4:39)
32. Pure Reason Revolution - "Borgens Vor" - The Dark Third, European edition (4:17)
33. Wolverine - "A House Of Plague" - Still (6:52)
34. Porcupine Tree - "Drown With Me" - Futile EP (5:21)
35. The Verve - "Space And Time" - Urban Hymns (5:36)
36. Sörskogen - "Mordet i Grottan" - Online release (6:18)

Total runtime: 159:11 (2 hours, 39 minutes, 11 seconds)

Forum name: inmyplace13

Tracklist title: "Rhetoric of Place"

Tracklist:

Disc 1:

1. Explosions in the Sky – “The Birth and Death of the Day” – All of a Sudden I
Miss Everyone (7:49)
2. The Arcade Fire – “No Cars Go” – Neon Bible (5:43)
3. The National – “Fake Empire” – Boxer (3:27)
4. U2 – “The Unforgettable Fire” – The Unforgettable Fire (4:55)
5. Death Cab For Cutie – “Passenger Seat” – Transatlanticism (3:41)
6. The Beatles – “Here Comes the Sun” – Abbey Road (3:05)
7. Beck – “Guess I’m Doing Fine” – Sea Change (4:49)
8. Cat Power – “Lived In Bars” – The Greatest (3:43)
9. Grizzly Bear – “Knife” – Yellow House (5:14)
10. Do Make Say Think – “Ontario Plates” – Winter Hymn Country Hymn Secret Hymn
(7:02)
11. The Rolling Stones – “Tumbling Dice” – Forty Licks (3:46)
12. Broken Social Scene – “7/4 Shoreline” – Broken Social Scene (4:53)
13. The White Stripes – “Ball & Biscuit” – Elephant (7:18)
14. Bob Dylan – “Subterranean Homesick Blues” – Bringing It All Back Home (2:24)
15. Bright Eyes – “Tourist Trap” – Four Winds EP (5:44)
16. Nick Drake – “Horn” – Pink Moon (1:23)
17. Imogen Heap – “Hide & Seek” – Speak for Yourself (4:28)

Total runtime: 1:19:24

Disc 2:

1. Okkervil River – “Maine Island Lovers” – Down the River of Golden Dreams
(4:51)
2. Sigur Rós – “Glósóli” – Takk… (6:15)
3. Secret Machines – “Alone, Jealous, & Stoned” – Ten Silver Drops (6:46)
4. Thom Yorke – “Cymbal Rush” – The Eraser (5:14)
5. The Flaming Lips – “Feeling Yourself Disintegrate” – The Soft Bulletin
(5:17)
6. Ray LaMontagne – “Empty” – Till the Sun Turns Black (5:17)
7. Ryan Adams & The Cardinals – “Mockingbirdsing” – Cold Roses (4:47)
8. Feist – “Past in Present” – The Reminder (2:54)
9. Spoon – “The Way We Get By” – Kill the Moonlight (2:41)
10. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah – “Details of the War” – Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
(3:30)
11. Coldplay – “Spies” - Parachutes (5:18)
12. Pink Floyd – “A Pillow of Winds” – Meddle (5:11)
13. Whiskeytown – “Jacksonville Skyline” – Pneumonia (3:01)
14. Andrew Bird – “The Supine” – Armchair Apocrypha (0:59)
15. Wilco – “Poor Places” – Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (5:18)
16. Radiohead – “A Reminder” – Airbag/How Am I Driving? EP (3:51)
17. LCD Soundsystem – “All My Friends” – Sound of Silver (7:37)

Total runtime: 1:18:48

The past two incarnations of the Desert Island game have managed to make the
concept one of my favorite parts of Interference. I always enjoy seeing what
people have been listening to, who can create the best flows, themes, and
moods. I’ve never seen the competition as an attempt to make a playlist that
absolutely defines each era, genre, and artist to a tee. To me, this takes away
a level of personalization that comes when each playlist is uniquely your own.

"Rhetoric of Place" is a playlist that is entirely indicative of how I’m feeling
and what I’m listening to right now. I certainly hope you find something new or
reacquaint yourself with a lost love in the process of listening to it. At the
very least, I hope you enjoy some part of it, as I feel there is a little
something for everyone in it. If it goes deep in the competition, great. If it
fizzles out, that’s fine too. Whatever happens. If we’re still speaking. Pick
up the phone. Play me this song.

LemonMacPhisto

Forum Name: LemonMacPhisto
Since this competition is more artistically slanted, I changed my approach to making this playlist. This playlist is structured to work as an entire body of work, two halves, or four mini-lists (or Acts. if you will), all with openers and closers, unique moods, flow, and whatever kicks ass. It was hard this time around sacrificing somewhat superior songs for other mood-enhancing, still great tracks. That being said, here’s the deal on everything. I really wanted to create a cinematic experience with this list, which feature songs from some of my favorite movies. I was also inspired greatly by Pink Floyd’s epic “Dark Side of the Moon” in how to create a list of songs that can work as an album and by themselves and also by Passengers, and how the music acts to scores for fictional films. As the list develops, the tone may change from song to song or fade into each other as one moving piece. The format is like an iPod format, but it’s structured like a mixtape, I just didn’t want to deal with the time constraints. They’re a bitch.

The transitions between the songs are important here, both musically and lyrically. Lyrical bits in some tracks might be mentioned again in another, if you listen for it you’ll catch it (“Sunken Treasure” to “Nobody Home” is a good example.) Ah, I shouldn’t have to explain all this, you’ll know exactly what I’m talking about when you listen to all of this. I hope you all enjoy my playlist and especially everyone else’s, and from me, LMP, to you, I just want to thank you for listening to me and letting me be a part of your life today. Because you’ve got a good life! …You got a good life! Sorry, I couldn’t resist the Prison Mike ref, have fun listening!

(Section 1: Nothing’s Gonna Change My World)
1. Sigur Rós - “Starálfur” - Agaetis byrjun (6:47)
2. Sufjan Stevens - “Chicago” - Illinois (6:04)
3. Ray Charles - “What’d I Say? (Parts 1 & 2)” - What’d I Say - Single (5:07)
4. Jackie Wilson - “(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher” - Higher and Higher (2:53)
5. The Velvet Underground - “Sweet Jane” - Loaded (4:07)
6. Bob Dylan - “The Man in Me” - New Morning (3:07)
7. Cat Stevens - “Tea for the Tillerman” - Tea for the Tillerman (1:03)
8. Bono, Brian Eno, L'Orchestra Filarmonica Di Torino, Michael Kamen & The Edge - “One” - Pavarotti and Friends (5:19)
9. Rufus Wainwright - “Agnus Dei” - Want Two (5:45)
10. The Beatles - “Across the Universe” - No One’s Gonna Change Our World (3:49)

(Section 2: A Quick One)
11. LCD Soundsystem - “All My Friends” - Sound of Silver (7:37)
12. The Bravery - “Public Service Announcement” - The Bravery (3:35)
13. The Flaming Lips - “Race for the Prize (Sacrifice of the New Scientists)” - The Soft Bulletin (4:08)
14. Blind Melon - “No Rain” - Blind Melon (3:39)
15. Queen - “You’re My Best Friend” - A Night at the Opera (2:53)
16. The White Stripes - “Rag & Bone” - Icky Thump (3:48)
17. The Who - “A Quick One, While He’s Away” - A Quick One (8:40)

(Section 2: Exitlude / Section 3: Interlude)
18. The Zombies - “The Way I Feel Inside” - Begin Here (1:27)

(Section 3: The Great Escape)
19. The Shins - “Sleeping Lessons” - Wincing the Night Away (3:58)
20. Arcade Fire - “Keep the Car Running” - Neon Bible (3:29)
21. Bright Eyes - “Four Winds” - Cassadaga (4:16)
22. The New Radicals - “Someday We’ll Know” - Maybe You’ve Been Brainwashed Too (3:37)
23. Oasis - “Guess God Thinks I’m Abel” - Don’t Believe the Truth (3:24)
24. Wilco - “Sunken Treasure” - Being There (6:51)
25. Pink Floyd - “Nobody Home” - The Wall (3:11)
26. David Bowie - “Life on Mars?” - Hunky Dory (3:54)
27. Radiohead - “Life in a Glasshouse” - Amnesiac (4:34)

(Section 4: It Makes Me Wonder)
28. Explosions in the Sky - “The Birth and Death of the Day” - All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone (7:49)
29. Smashing Pumpkins - “Stand Inside Your Love” - MACHINA / The Machines of God (4:11)
30. Modern English - “I Melt with You” - After the Snow (3:48)
31. Bruce Springsteen - “It’s Hard to Be a Saint in the City (Acoustic) - Tracks (2:55)
32. The Rolling Stones - “Gimme Shelter” - Let It Bleed (4:34)
33. Andrew Bird - “Armchairs” - Armchair Apochrypha (6:57)
34. Nick Drake - “River Man” - Five Leaves Left (4:15)
35. Led Zeppelin - “Stairway to Heaven” - Led Zeppelin IV (8:00)

Total time: 2:39:31

KhanandaRhodes

Forum name: KhanadaRhodes

Tracklist: KhanadaRhodes' 100% Natural Good Time Desert Island Solution

This playlist may be a little short, but I think this is pretty much me and the music I love. There's lots of Enz/Finn-related material here, the prerequisite Duran Duran song, and lots of dance music I love. Following the guidelines presented, this would definitely be the music I could not live without if I were on a desert island. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!

# Band Name - "Song Title" - Album Name (Track Length)

1. Brian Eno and David Byrne - "America Is Waiting" - My Life in the Bush of Ghosts (3:37)
2. Talking Heads - "Once in A Lifetime" - Remain in Light (4:22)
3. Tim Finn - "Persuasion" - Before & After (3:54)
4. David Bowie - "Heroes" - Heroes (3:38)
5. Echo and the Bunnymen - "Rescue" - Crocodiles (4:26)
6. The Power Station - "Some Like It Hot" - The Power Station (5:05)
7. Crowded House - "World Where You Live" - Crowded House (3:05)
8. Simple Minds - "Someone, Somewhere in Summertime" - New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84) (4:38)
9. Neil Finn - "Last One Standing" - Try Whistling This (3:04)
10. The Police - "Synchronicity II" - Synchronicity (5:03)
11. Wang Chung - "To Live and Die in L.A." - To Live and Die in L.A. (4:52)
12. Natasha Bedingfield - "These Words" - Unwritten (3:36)
13. U2 - "Red Hill Mining Town" - The Joshua Tree (4:53)
14. Kelly Clarkson - "Since U Been Gone" - Breakaway (3:08)
15. Schnell Fenster - "Whisper" - The Sound of Trees (3:44)
16. Duran Duran - "New Moon on Monday" - Seven and the Ragged Tiger (4:16)
17. Split Enz - "Bold As Brass" - Dizrythmia (3:31)
18. INXS - "Original Sin" - The Swing (5:19)
19. The Swingers - "Counting the Beat" - Practical Jokers (3:01)
20. Seu Jorge - "Life on Mars?" - The Life Aquatic (With Steve Zissou) Soundtrack (3:24)
21. Sting - "Be Still My Beating Heart" - ...Nothing Like the Sun (5:34)
22. Joy Division - "Shadowplay" - Unknown Pleasures (3:55)
23. VHS or Beta - "You Got Me (Baby Daddy Remix) - You Got Me (6:38)
24. New Order - "Blue Monday '88" - Singles (3:48)
25. Depeche Mode - "The Sun & The Rainfall" - A Broken Frame (5:05)

Total runtime: 1:45:36

LJT
Forum Name: LJT

True Adventures

This time I went for a concept playlist....it turned out to be much harder to do than I had thought, but now I am quite pleased with the end result. The concept is itself relatively simple, but open to many interpretations to how you 'travel' through it. The playlist itself is called "True Adventures", taken from the song by British Seapower. It follows the story of a man as he abandons his family and home to seek adventure, some greater purpose to his life. Roughly the first half of the playlist deals with his motivations for escaping the perceived entrapment of family life and the daily grind. It explores his new found sense of freedom and some of the wonder he experiences as he travels.

The second half is where he begins to doubt what he is doing, and loneliness sets in. I however did not set the character up to now take a plunge completely into depression...this is where the listener can really decide this man's path in life. The story does end in his death which I found Jeff Buckley's Corpus Christi Carol to be completely perfect for and terribly bittersweet. He either feels fulfilled and content at his time of death or he did indeed die of despair. He either dies alone or again with his family. I leave all that up to the listener, I do though have a set story, my own personal interpretation of how the man's life ends which I will expound upon in my own journal.

01. Beethoven- "Sonata 08 in C Op.13 - 'Pathetique' - I - Grave - Allegro"- Beethoven: The Sonatas (Claudio Arrau)- (9:06)
02. Duke Special- "Brixton Leaves"- Songs From the Deep Forest- (4:26)
03. Beirut- "Postcards From Italy"- Gulag Orkestrar- (4:17)
04. Bellowhead- "Across The Line"- Burlesque- (5:09)
05. The Frames- "Fitzcarraldo"- Fitzcarraldo- (6:08)
06. Belle & Sebastien- "Fox in the Snow"- If You're Feeling Sinister- (4:11)
07. Cherry Ghost- "Thirst For Romance"- Thirst For Romance- (3:54)
08. British Seapower- "True Adventures"- Open Season- (7:52)
09. The Rumble Strips- "Motorcycle"- Girls and Weather- (3:57)
10. Hope of the States- "Nehemiah"- The Lost Riots- (4:09)
11. The Divine Comedy- "Commuter Love"- Fin de Siecle- (4:42)
12. David Bowie- "Speed of Life"- Low- (2:47)
13. Daft Punk- "Aerodynamic"- Discovery- (3:27)
14. Air- "Universal Traveller"- Talkie Walkie- (4:24)
15. Keren Ann- "Le Forme Et Le Fond"- Nolita- (5:34)
16. My Latest Novel- "Pretty in Panic"- Wolves- (4:19)
17. Manic Street Preachers- "Solitude Sometimes Is"- Lifeblood- (3:21)
18. Sunset Rubdown- "Shut Up I Am Dreaming of Places Where Lovers Have Wings"- Shut Up I Am Dreaming- (7:23)
19. The Sleepy Jackson- "Higher Than Hell"- Personality- (2:56)
20. Patrick Wolf- "Bluebells"- The Magic Position- (5:17)
21. Talk Talk- "Desire"- Spirit of Eden- (7:08)
22. Viva Voce- "So Many Miles"- Get Your Blood Sucked Out- (8:21)
23. TV On The Radio- "Starting at the Sun"- Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes- (3:27)
24. Pure Reason Revolution- "Voices in Winter/The Realms of the Divine"- The Dark Third- (6:33)
25. Ryan Adams- "Shadowlands"- Love Is Hell Pt. 1- (5:18)
26. Muse- "Butterflies and Hurricanes"- Absolution- (5:01)
27. The Flaming Lips- "Ego Tripping at the Gates of Hell"- Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots- (4:34)
28. Asobi Seksu- "Thursday"- Citrus- (4:17)
29. Bjork- "Unravel"- Homogenic- (3:21)
30. The National- "Squalor Victoria"- Boxer- (3:01)
31. The Velvet Teen- "Penning the Penultimate"- Out of the Fierce Parade- (6:54)
32. Jeff Buckley- "Corpus Christi Carol"- Grace- (2:56)

Total Running Time- 2:38:10

Edge_2125

FORUM NAME: edge_2125

"A Nuclear Show"

Tracklist Details
I don't expect that there will be too much here that's unfamiliar to many. Disc
A is a combination of a few moments of near perfect pop, a handful of songs of
personal significance and a touch of melancholic rock, all collected between two
of the most wonderfully beautiful songs I've ever had the pleasure of hearing.
Disc B is more electronic and generally a bit darker. Some of the songs above
are my absolute favourites; others, I've just been enjoying of late. Either way,
I hope you find something - new or old – that’s worth your time.
Disc A:
1. Sigur Rós - "Glósóli" - Takk... (6:15)
2. The Cardigans - "You're The Storm" - Long Gone Before Daylight (3:53)
3. Stars - "Elevator Love Letter" - Heart (4:01)
4. U2 - "Dancing Barefoot" - The Best of 1980-1990 (4:49)
5. The Beatles - "Here Comes The Sun" - Abbey Road (3:05)
6. Bob Marley - "Is This Love" - Gold: Bob Marley and The Wailers (3:54)
7. Eric Clapton - "My Father’s Eyes" - Eric Clapton: The Best of - Clapton
Chronicles (5:23)
8. Peter Gabriel - "Red Rain" - So (5:40)
9. Khaled - "Aicha (Version Mixte)" – Sahra (4:20)
10. Talk Talk - "Give It Up (Single Version)" - The Very Best of Talk Talk
(5:12)
11. Crowded House - "Private Universe" – Recurring Dream - The Very Best of
Crowded House (5:36)
12. Ryan Adams – "Wonderwall" – Love Is Hell Pt.1 (4:09)
13. Damien Rice - “Cannonball" – O (5:10)
14. Radiohead – "High and Dry" – The Bends (4:17)
15. Snow Patrol – "Run" - Final Straw (5:54)
16. The Jesus and Mary Chain - “Just Like Honey" – Psychocandy (3:03)
17. R.E.M. - “Find the River" – Automatic for the People (3:49)

Total running time: 78:30

Disc B:
1. Doves – "Pounding" – The Last Broadcast (4:44)
2. Oasis - "Morning Glory" – (What's the Story) Morning Glory (5:03)
3. INXS - "Suicide Blonde" - X (3:50)
4. Arcade Fire - "No Cars Go" – Neon Bible (5:43)
5. Muse - "Map of the Problematique" – Black Holes and Revelations (4:18)
6. Duran Duran - "Come Undone" – Duran Duran (The Wedding Album) (4:35)
7. Depeche Mode - "Policy of Truth" - The Singles 86-98 (5:14)
8. Massive Attack - "Teardrop" – Collected (5:27)
9. Mono - "Life in Mono" - Life in Mono EP (3:50)
10. Pink Floyd - "Marooned" - The Division Bell (5:28)
11. Bruce Springsteen - "Streets of Philadelphia" – Philadelphia: Music From The
Motion Picture (4:17)
12. Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds feat. Kylie Minogue - "Where the Wild Roses
Grow" – Murder Ballads (3:56)
13. Jeff Buckley - "Lover, You Should've Come Over" - Grace (6:42)
14. Coldpay - "Moses" - Live 2003 (5:29)
15. Death in Vegas - "Girls" - Lost in Translation (Soundtrack) (4:26)
16. The Verve - "Bitter Sweet Symphony" – Urban Hymns (5:59)

Total running time: 79:01

Zoots

Forum name: Zootlesque

Tracklist:

Behind closed eyes. With headphones on. That is how you experience the beauty of these songs. I went out of my way to pick the most gorgeous songs that exist in my itunes. I didn’t want to make it a testosterone filled rock fest so you’ll find a generous helping of pop and other music too. And since one of the main objectives of this contest is to expose others to new music, I did not choose the most popular songs or bands. Also, I hope you’re all open-minded when listening to this album because more often than not, you may not hear what you normally expect from some of these artists. For example, if you hate Oasis because of Liam’s nasally yell, you’re in for a surprise. Enjoy!

BEHIND CLOSED EYES:

DISC 1
1. Björk – “Joga” – Homogenic (5:04)
2. Pink Floyd – “Marooned” – The Division Bell (5:28)
3. Led Zeppelin – “Tangerine” – Led Zeppelin III (3:10)
4. The Doors – “Waiting For The Sun” – Morrison Hotel (3:59)
5. The Byrds – “Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) – Forrest Gump (Original Soundtrack) (3:54)
6. Pearl Jam – “In Hiding” – Yield (5:00)
7. R.E.M. – “The Great Beyond [Edit]” – The Great Beyond (Single) (4:13)
8. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “Learning To Fly” – Greatest Hits (4:01)
9. Oasis – “Little By Little” – Heathen Chemistry (4:05)
10. U2 – “Staring At The Sun” – Pop (4:36)
11. Radiohead – “(Nice Dream)” – The Bends (3:53)
12. Elton John – “The One” – The One (5:55)
13. Kate Bush – “The Fog” – The Sensual World (5:10)
14. Tori Amos – “China” – Little Earthquakes (5:02)
15. The Eagles – “Desperado” – The Very Best Of The Eagles (3:33)
16. Dire Straits – “Brothers In Arms” – Sultans Of Swing (Very Best Of) (4:55)
17. Sting – “Fragile” – Fields Of Gold: The Best Of Sting (3:53)
18. Crowded House – “Don’t Dream It’s Over” – Recurring Dream: The Very Best Of (4:00)

Total runtime: 79:51

DISC 2
1. Muse – “Map Of The Problematique” – Black Holes & Revelations (4:18)
2. Soundgarden – “The Day I Tried To Live” – Superunknown (5:19)
3. Smashing Pumpkins – “Hummer” – Siamese Dream (6:57)
4. Keane – “A Bad Dream” – Under The Iron Sea (5:06)
5. Don Henley – “Boys Of Summer” – Building The Perfect Beast (4:55)
6. Alannah Myles – “Black Velvet” – Alannah Myles (4:54)
7. Madonna – “Live To Tell” – True Blue (5:52)
8. Tasmin Archer – “Sleeping Satellite” – Great Expectations (4:39)
9. ABBA – “Eagle” – More Gold (4:26)
10. Shaan – “Tanha Dil” – Tanha Dil {translates to “lonely heart”} (4:53)
11. Kula Shaker – “Tattva” – K (3:46)
12. Daft Punk – “Digital Love” – Discovery (4:58)
13. Blur – “The Universal” – The Best Of (4:00)
14. Duncan Sheik – “Wishful Thinking” – Great Expectations (Original Soundtrack) (4:24)
15. Passengers – “Miss Sarajevo” – Original Soundtracks 1 (5:42)
16. The Beatles – “Free As A Bird” – Anthology 1 (4:26)

Total runtime: 78:35

Forum Name: BonoIsMyMuse

Tracklist Title: Transitions

Everything in my life is changing now, and I wanted to compile a collection of songs to reflect that. I’m in what’s probably been the biggest transition period of my life; while I’m trying to hang on to as many familiar things as I can, I’m realizing that I have to learn how to look at those things in a different way now, too.

I dug into my jazz collection, revisited some of my favorite old country songs, and added newer discoveries like Andrew Bird and the Nels Cline Singers. I’m a writer, and I love those moments both when I’m writing and when I’m reading someone else’s work when there’s a twist, something unexpected but beautiful. I ordered these songs based largely on transitions: the upbeat songs to open the list dropping into the more somber tracks by Ray LaMontagne and Joni Mitchell, then soaring again into probably my favorite section of the list, songs by Gorillaz, Sonny Rollins, and the Clash. I arranged my songs in a way that reflects the ups and downs I’ve experienced in the last few years. The list ends with a group of quieter, more reflective songs, a contrast to the high energy of the opening. “Ashes of American Flags” and “Bad” are probably my two favorite songs, which is why I saved them for the end. Both songs are filled with desperation, but there’s a bit of hope in each of them, too. I knew I wanted to end with “Bad” because the final lyrics to me symbolize looking ahead, which is what I’m doing now.

The cover art is a photograph called “Harvest Curve” by Fred Joy. I chose it because I feel like it reflects the heart of my playlist and the journey that I’ve been on for the last few years, carving my own path rather than following ones others have created. See more of his artwork here: http://www.astoriafineart.com/Artists/Joy - Fred/Fred Joy.htm

I hope you enjoy my playlist.

1. Elvis Costello – “Welcome to the Working Week” – My Aim Is True (1:23)
2. Lucinda Williams – “Changed the Locks” – Lucinda Williams (3:44)
3. Rolling Stones – “Rocks Off” – Exile On Main Street (4:32)
4. Kings of Leon – “Soft” – Aha Shake Heartbreak (2:59)
5. 10,000 Maniacs – “Hey Jack Kerouac” – In My Tribe (3:26)
6. Johnny Cash featuring June Carter Cash – “Jackson” – The Essential Johnny Cash (Disc 1) (2:44)
7. Ray LaMontagne – “Jolene” – Trouble (4:10)
8. Joni Mitchell – “Blue” – Blue (3:05)
9. Gorillaz – “Dirty Harry” – Demon Days (3:43)
10. Sonny Rollins – “St. Thomas” – Saxophone Colossus (6:47)
11. The Clash – “Janie Jones” – The Clash (2:06)
12. Lou Reed – “Heroin” – Between Thought and Expression (Disc 2) (12:19)
13. Tori Amos – “A Sorta Fairytale” – Scarlet’s Walk (5:29)
14. Arcade Fire – “Neighborhood #2 (Laika)” – Funeral (3:31)
15. Stevie Wonder – “Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours” – Stevie Wonder’s Greatest Hits, Vol. 2 (2:40)
16. The Beatles – “Paperback Writer” – 1 (2:18)
17. David Bowie – “Rebel Rebel” – Changesbowie (4:30)
18. Ella Fitzgerald – “I Ain’t Got Nothin’ But the Blues” – Day Dream: Best of the Duke Ellington Songbook (4:44)
19. Led Zeppelin – “What Is and Should Never Be” - BBC Sessions (Disc 1) (4:20)
20. Bruce Springsteen – “Atlantic City” – The Essential Bruce Springsteen (Disc 1) (3:56)
21. Emmylou Harris – “Boulder to Birmingham” – Spyboy (3:21)
22. Bob Dylan and the Band – “The Man In Me” – The Big Lebowski Soundtrack (3:08)
23. Aretha Franklin – “Do Right Woman” – I Never Loved A Man the Way I Love You (3:15)
24. Pearl Jam – “Given to Fly” – Yield (4:01)
25. Jimi Hendrix – “Voodoo Child (Slight Return)” – Experience Hendrix: The Best of Jimi Hendrix (5:12)
26. The Pixies – “Bone Machine” – Surfer Rosa (3:02)
27. The Nels Cline Singers – “He Still Carries A Torch For Her” – The Giant Pin (6:43)
28. Patti Smith Group – “Because the Night” – Easter (3:23)
29. R.E.M. – “Electrolite” – New Adventures In Hi-fi (4:05)
30. Patsy Cline – “Walkin’ After Midnight” – 12 Greatest Hits (2:01)
31. Soul Coughing – “So Far I Have Not Found the Science” – El Oso (2:53)
32. Pink Floyd – “The Great Gig In the Sky” – Dark Side of the Moon (4:47)
33. Willie Nelson – “I’d Have to Be Crazy” – Greatest Hits (And Some That Will Be) (3:26)
34. Miles Davis – “So What” – Kind of Blue (9:24)
35. Andrew Bird – “Plasticities” – Armchair Apocrypha (4:27)
36. Wilco – “Ashes of American Flags” – Kicking Television: Live In Chicago (Disc 2) (6:03)
37. U2 – “Bad” – Wide Awake In America (8:02)

Total Time: 2:39:39

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1663/18of19aw9.jpg
Forum Name: Corianderstem

I wanted to go for something that showed a little bit of my personality, and a mix I’m likely to listen to when I take a day trip in the summer. Maybe I’m going to the ocean, maybe I’m going to Mt. Rainier. Whatever it is, it has to be upbeat, cranked loud on the stereo and great to sing along to – there’s nothing like a road trip on a sunny day, windows down, stereo blaring, zooming down the open road! We start off with some good power pop/rock with a bit of oomph, guaranteed to rev me up. Throw in some quality dance pop (including one brilliantly silly ditty), a funky dance break, back around to power pop … and then as we return from our road trip, the sun is setting and it’s time to relax in the warm night air, maybe with a cold beer. The songs mellow out a bit, and then as the last song begins, the crickets are chirping, the last light leaves the sky, and all is right with the world.

“Corianderstem’s Summer In Seattle”

1. New Radicals – “Mother We Just Can’t Get Enough” – Maybe You’ve Been Brainwashed Too (5:45)
2. Matthew Sweet – “Girlfriend” – Girlfriend (3:40)
3. Semisonic – “Singing In My Sleep” – Feeling Strangely Fine (4:30)
4. The Arcade Fire – “Rebellion (Lies)” – Funeral (5:10)
5. The Velvet Underground – “Rock & Roll” – Loaded (4:45)
6. The Rolling Stones – “Brown Sugar” – Forty Licks (3:49)
7. Supergrass – “Sun Hits the Sky” – Supergrass Is 10: The Best of 94-04 (4:53)
8. Dandy Warhols – “Bohemian Like You” – Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia (3:33)
9. The Talking Heads – “Burning Down the House (live)” – Stop Making Sense (4:09)
10. INXS – “Don’t Change” – Best of INXS (4:25)
11. The Pixies – “Head On” – Trompe Le Monde (2:16)
12. Sinead O’Connor – “No Man’s Woman” – Faith and Courage (3:01)
13. Liz Phair – “Extraordinary” – Liz Phair (3:24)
14. The Bangles – “Tear Off Your Own Head (It’s a Doll Revolution)” – Doll Revolution (3:57)
15. Kylie Minogue – “Come Into My World (Fischerspooner Remix)” – Come Into My World (single) (4:11)
16. Sugababes – “Freak Like Me” – Angels With Dirty Faces (3:16)
17. Robyn – “Konichiwa Bitches” – Robyn (2:38)
18. Earth Wind & Fire – “September” – Earth Wind and Fire: Greatest Hits (3:34)
19. Stevie Wonder – “Higher Ground” – Definitive Collection (3:11)
20. Junior Walker & The All Stars – “Shotgun” – The Motown Story, Volume 1: The 1960s (4:11)
21. The Beatles – “And Your Bird Can Sing” – Revolver (2:01)
22. Nerina Pallot – “Everybody’s Gone To War” – Fires (3:54)
23. R.E.M. – “Imitation of Life” – Reveal (3:56)
24. The Pernice Brothers – “The Weakest Shade of Blue” – Yours, Mine, Ours (3:08)
25. The Beach Boys – “Don’t Worry Baby” – Summer Crush (2:51)
26. The Long Winters – “Cinnamon” – When I Pretend to Fall (4:13)
27. Billy Bragg & Wilco – “California Stars” – Mermaid Avenue (4:58)
28. The Finn Brothers – “Won’t Give In” – Everyone Is Here (4:17)
29. The Cardigans – “You’re the Storm” – Long Gone Before Daylight (3:53)
30. Texas – “Saint” – The Hush (4:47)
31. Emm Gryner – “Almighty Love” – Summer of High Hopes (3:54)
32. Cat Power – “The Greatest” – The Greatest (3:22)
33. Emmylou Harris – “Sweet Old World” – Wrecking Ball (5:05)
34. Ryan Adams – “Wonderwall” – Love Is Hell, Pt 1. (4:09)
35. Sun Kil Moon – “Carry Me Ohio” – Ghosts of the Great Highway (6:21)
36. Mary Chapin Carpenter – “I Am a Town” – Come On Come On (5:06)
37. Simon & Garfunkel – “America” – Simon & Garfunkel’s Greatest Hits (3:33)
38. Santo and Johnny – “Sleepwalk” – The Best of Santo and Johnny (2:25)
39. Cassandra Wilson – “Harvest Moon” – New Moon Daughter (5:01)

Total Runtime: 2:35:23

Entrant: Lila64

Well, here it is. My desert island playlist. I did not have a theme in mind, but wanted to choose some of my favorites and put them together to share with others. Almost all of these artists/bands strike some chord in me. I couldn’t live without the power & passion I feel when I hear these. I could be very happy just listening to them over & over, especially stuck on this “desert island”. I think I covered all eras, from Motown to Meg & Jack (White Stripes ) , with bands spanning the globe from the U.S. to the U.K. to Australia,… I hope you enjoy my list; I know I certainly do .

1. SMOKEY ROBINSON & THE MIRACLES “Tears Of A Clown” -An Introduction To The Motown Elite (3:01)
2. MARTHA REEVES & THE VANDELLAS “Nowhere To Run” – Martha & The Vandella’s Greatest Hits (2:58)
3. DUSTY SPRINGFIELD “Son Of A Preacher Man” –Very Best Of Dusty Springfield (2:26)
4. DAVE EDMUNDS “Girls Talk” –Dave Edmunds Anthology (3:27)
5. THE WHO “I Can’t Explain” –Ultimate Collection (2:04)
6. ROLLING STONES “Jumping Jack Flash” –Hot Rocks 1964-71 (3:43)
7. THE KINKS “Till The End Of The Day” –The Kink Kontroversy (2:20)
8. BOB DYLAN “Subterranean Homesick Blues” –Bringing It All Back Home (2:24)
9. THE JAM “A Town Called Malice” –Billy Elliott Soundtrack (2:57)
10. INXS “Need You Tonight” –The Years 1979-1997 (3:04)
11. LOVE & ROCKETS “No New Tale To Tell” –Earth Sun Moon (3:27)
12. ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN “The Killing Moon” –Ocean Rain (5:49)
13. ROBERT RANDOLPH & THE FAMILY BAND “Ain’t Nothing Wrong With That” –Colorblind (3:30)
14. DAVID LINDLEY “Mercury Blues” –El Rayo-X (3:34)
15. EMF “Unbelievable” –Schubert Dip (3:27)
16. R.E.M. “Fall On Me” –Eponymous (2:51)
17. DEPECHE MODE “Policy Of Truth” -Violator (4:56)
18. THE CLASH “Clampdown” -London Calling (3:51)
19. SQUEEZE “Pulling Mussels {From The Shell}” – Singles 45s & Under (4:01)
20. SPLIT ENZ “I Got You” -True Colours (3:30)
21. SIMPLE MINDS “The American” -Sons & Fascination/Sister Feeling Call (3:51)
22. SUGAR “Helpless” -Copper Blue (3:05)
23. WHITE STRIPES “Rag & Bone” -Icky Thump (3:48)
24. CREAM “Sunshine Of Your Love” -Disraeli Gears (4:13)
25. NEIL YOUNG “Cinnamon Girl” –Decade (3:00)
26. RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS “Storm In A Teacup” -Stadium Arcadium (3:45)
27. U2 “Spanish Eyes” -B-Sides 1980-1990 (3:49)
28. ROD STEWART/FACES “Stay With Me” -The Story So Far (4:32)
29. BLACK CROWES “Remedy” -The Southern Harmony & Musical Companion (5:22)
30. BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD “For What It’s Worth” -Retrospective: Best Of Buffalo Springfield (2:37)
31. ELVIS COSTELLO “{What’s So Funny About} Peace Love & Understanding” -Armed Forces (3:32)
32. MIDNIGHT OIL “Forgotten Years” -Blue Sky Mining (4:21)
33. JOHN LENNON “Instant Karma” -The John Lennon Collection (3:20)
34. ELTON JOHN “Rocket Man” -Greatest Hits 1970-2002 (4:45)
35. THE BABYS “Isn’t It Time” -Anthology (4:03)
36. THE BEATLES “Dear Prudence” -The White Album (3:56)
37. LED ZEPPELIN “Your Time Is Gonna Come” –Led Zeppelin I (4:34)
38. PEARL JAM “Elderly Woman Behind The Counter…” –Rearviewmirror: Greatest Hits 1991-2003 (3:15)
39. CROWDED HOUSE “Don’t Dream It’s Over” –Crowded House (3:56)
40. QUEEN “Somebody To Love” -Greatest Hits (4:56)
41. OASIS “Don’t Look Back In Anger” -{What’s The Story} Morning Glory (4:47)
42. AUDIOSLAVE “I Am The Highway” -Audioslave (5:34)
43. BLIND FAITH “Can’t Find My Way Home” –Blind Faith (3:17)

Time: 2:39:38

The game starts next Monday.

Here's the schedule
Round 1:
Lancemc vs. Phanan
Screwtape vs. U2VertigoFly
Angelordevil vs. AtomicBono
Bono's Lemon vs. LemonMelon

Axver vs. InMyPlace13
KhanadaRhodes vs. LJT
BonoIsMyMuse vs. Corianderstem
Edge_2125 vs. Lila

Round 2:
Lancemc vs. Screwtape
Phanan vs. U2VertigoFly
AtomicBono vs. Bono's Lemon
LemonMelon vs. PlaTheGreat

InMyPlace13 vs. KhanadaRhodes
LJT vs. LemonMacPhisto
Corianderstem vs. Edge_2125
Lila vs. Zoots

Round 3:
Screwtape vs. Phanan
Lancemc vs. U2VertigoFly
Angelordevil vs.PlaTheGreat
AtomicBono vs. LemonMelon

Axver vs. LemonMacPhisto
InMyPlace13 vs. LJT
BonoIsMyMuse vs. Zoots
Corianderstem vs. Lila

Round 4:
Top Two Group 1
Bottom Two Group 1
Angelordevil vs. LemonMelon
Bono’sLemon vs. PlaTheGreat

Axver vs. LJT
KhanadaRhodes vs. LemonMacPhisto
BonoIsMyMuse vs. Lila
Edge_2125 vs. Zoots

Round 5:
Winners Group
Losers Group
Angelordevil vs. Bono's Lemon
AtomicBono vs. PlaTheGreat

Axver vs. KhanadaRhodes
InMyPlace13 vs. LemonMacPhisto
BonoIsMyMuse vs. Edge_2125
Corianderstem vs. Zoots

If you are interested in listening to any of these playlists, just leave your e-mail. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wheeeeeeeeee!

My cover "art" isn't showing up. :( But you spelled my name right! :wink:

I can't wait to hear the rest of these!

F'ing yes! I can't wait to listen to everyone else's lists!

!!!

Exclamation points express my joy!

corianderstem said:
Wheeeeeeeeee!

My cover "art" isn't showing up. :( But you spelled my name right! :wink:

I can't wait to hear the rest of these!

It's the damn limit on the number of images. I can't use a different link to your image. :( That will be fixed in your matches.

The links have gone out to everyone by the way. :)

HO-LY SHiiiiiiiiiT.

Excellent lists folks. :applaud:

There's so much goodness to go around, this is going to be a fucking hard time choosing winners.

I have to say though, Screwtape's is probably my favorite at first glance, but I won't know until I really get to dig into these suckaducks.

Oh, and I guess I missed the part about album art. :(

Oh well, you can just use this image for my list:

wrath_of_khan.gif

Great thing my internet crapped out when my router died...

I don't think I'll be to download all of the lists until next week, 2 weeks at the latest.

:|

Khan picture oh my god :lmao:

Bonos_Lemon said:
I'm having trouble with U2VertigoFly's zips. My computer doesn't seem to recognize a .cda file and neither do I. :huh:

same.

So many lists...:wink:

I'll just comment on a few:

Pla is going to kick my ass. :lol:

Zoots' is still absurdly awesome. :up:

Lance's list is the most confusing at first glance...honestly, Boston Pop Orchestra--->Gimme Shelter? :lmao: I have no idea how such a thing will turn out, but I'm interested to find out.

Phanan's list might be my favorite now on first glance. Wow, that list is badass. :ohmy:

LMP, you have your work cut out for you this time. :wink:

It's anyone's game. My confidence has been sucked out of me, but I still think I'll be able to hold my own.

Bring 'em on, I'd prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around. :wink:

Originally posted by LemonMelon So many lists...:wink:

I'll just comment on a few:

You would.

Pla is going to kick my ass. :lol:

Prolly.

Zoots' is still absurdly awesome. :up:

True.

Lance's list is the most confusing at first glance...honestly, Boston Pop Orchestra--->Gimme Shelter? :lmao: I have no idea how such a thing will turn out, but I'm interested to find out.

You better remember to pack an extra brain, because yours is about to be blown.

Phanan's list might be my favorite now on first glance. Wow, that list is badass. :ohmy:

Meh. ;)

LMP, you have your work cut out for you this time. :wink:

You're both going to get worked this time/

It's anyone's game. My confidence has been sucked out of me, but I still think I'll be able to hold my own.

Now all I need is someone to tell me which media player to use (OSX) that will just play this lists as is without having to import them into itunes or anything like that.

did I count correctly - 19 entrants, or am I missing someone?

Screwtape2
Lancemc
phanan
U2vertigofly
angelordevil
AtomicBono
LemonMelon
Bono's Lemon
PlatheGreat
Axver
inmyplace3
LemonMacPhisto
KhanadaRhodes
LJT
Edge_2125
Zootlesque
BonoIsMyMuse
Corianderstem
Lila64

the ones without images on page one just did have the code right for the images it seems

I think there's a spot still reserved for GibsonGirl.

Screwtape and Axver, I did receive Mountain Dew Ma's playlist/links a few days ago if a sub is needed.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I think there's a spot still reserved for GibsonGirl.

Screwtape and Axver, I did receive Mountain Dew Ma's playlist/links a few days ago if a sub is needed.

Gibsongirl had to drop out about a week before the deadline. I felt that it wasn't fair for any to have to feel rushed in making a playlist. So Group 1 will only have four people running a slightly different way then the others in rounds 4 and 5. This was agreed on deep in the sign-up thread. There was also a concern that the new person would get killed in the veteran group. So that's the story. :)

I don't know if it's my computer or not, again.
Just tried downloading Lancemc's first file, and I can't extract the songs. This is getting very frustrating. Trying to do Part 3 of Axver's now, since I got the first two parts earlier in the day...

:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom