Desert Island 3 Master List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:crack: Too much Gimme Shelter for my taste. Good song, but damn...Sway made my DI4 playlist, but I can't say I'm that big a fan of the Stones in general. :shrug:

corianderstem said:
Hey, I ain't arguing that - it's my favorite Stones song! Brown Sugar just fit better.

And by eliminating Muse from my early-stages tracklisting, I avoided the double-whammy of overplay in this competition. :wink:

Well, I'm not arguing with you!!!! AHAHHHA! The rest of your list is also great. Matthew Sweet/Pixies :love:

But no PJ in "Summer in Seattle"? :sad: :wink:

I'd like to send out an early "best of luck" to bono's_lemon, who will be facing me tomorrow. :)

My prediction?

Pain. :wink:

Zootlesque, Little By Little sounded much better on second listen, and with your enthusiasm for it, I appreciated it much more.

And about Gimme Shelter, yeah, that's one of those songs that's frequently at the very top of my list of favorite songs ever, depending on my mood. But four times in one competition? Even I'm starting to get a little sick of it! <wink>

LemonMelon said:
I'd like to send out an early "best of luck" to bono's_lemon, who will be facing me tomorrow. :)

My prediction?

mrt_1.gif

I think Lance deserves credit for "most creative" Gimme Shelter usage.

Boston Pop Orchestra--->Gimme Shelter--->Bjork

Smooooooooooooth. :wink:

Angelordevil has my favorite usage of it though. :rockon:

LemonMelon said:

My prediction?

Ha! Miss Cleo told me there is going to be a huge upset, so the pain wil be on your side :wink:

SeattleVertigo said:
Zootlesque, Little By Little sounded much better on second listen, and with your enthusiasm for it, I appreciated it much more.

Oh how I love to hear such words! :love:

Bonos_Lemon said:

Ha! Miss Cleo told me there is going to be a huge upset, so the pain wil be on your side :wink:

Miss Cleo? I can't believe you waste your money on that stuff. :tsk: Mr. T knows so much more, and he's predicting pain. :wink:

LemonMelon said:
Except for when you play me, you'll have my vote through most of the competition. :up:

Jeez, that's no nice of you to say ;)

I tried to create a theme of someone wrapped in turmoil (war, etc), then returning 'home' to something better. But, I have a fear that the second part is actually pretty boring after the intensity of the first. Ah, well...doing it gave me a great appreciation for those who've put playlists together before. :up:

I don't get all that excited about Pearl Jam or Nirvana, so the only Seattle band that made the cut was The Long Winters.

More people need to check them out. :up:

Screwtape, you know what we should have done when GG dropped out? We should have done a Supertracklist like we did in Prog Island. What a mix of songs that would've been!

:hmm:

You know, we probably still could...

phanan said:
Screwtape, you know what we should have done when GG dropped out? We should have done a Supertracklist like we did in Prog Island. What a mix of songs that would've been!

How does that work? Everyone sends a few songs in and it makes one playlist?

phanan said:

I think it is a bit late to try something like that. Most people are in the middle of making playlists for the next game. :shrug:

True, but I'm sure each person had multiple songs that they left off. It would a fairly painless thing to do.

Look at Group 1 again. There is the potential that you and I go head to head in two consecutive rounds (as well as Lancemc and U2vertigofly). I don't think that's fair to any of us, do you?

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:

How does that work? Everyone sends a few songs in and it makes one playlist?

Yeah. Each person would send in a few songs that they didn't use this time around, and we make one big jarring mix out of it.

It worked well in Prog Island, and actually took out a few people along the way.

I think we're going to run into repetitiveness here in Round 1, which would take away from the game a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom