Desert Island 3 Master List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

I just sent you Angelordevil's cover. LJT and Lancemc didn't have covers. So you should be set now.

Umm,

wrath_of_khan.gif

;)

Screwtape2 said:

Okay. :)

By the way, did you get my e-mail asking if you wanted to be one of the critics for the awards?

No, my email's been wonky lately but I just checked, and I did get it.

I'll have to pass this time though, thanks. :)

I think there are 5 Oasis songs in the competition, and I'm not into any of them. It's weird. There are a couple of playlists where I like all the rest of the songs, except for the Oasis.

I've always enjoyed the Ryan Adams cover of Wonderwall, though.

I'm on the hunt for a song by Oasis, played by Oasis, that I can like.

Your best bet is any song off of Don't Believe the Truth, but you didn't like my track :grumpy:

Seattle Vertigo, I can't believe you didn't like Little By Little! I think it's one of the most beautiful songs by any band ever.

SeattleVertigo said:
Alright guys, I'll check out Don't Believe The Truth and I'll listen to Little By Little again. Maybe I just need to give 'em a second chance.

Cool. :up:

I find I can only listen to Liam (the nasally brother) when he does more uptempo stuff and Noel when he does more stripped, acoustic or piano-based songs... but not the other way around.

A Noel "Wonderwall" is better than a Liam or even a Ryan Adams "Wonderwall."

The one Oasis song that always misses the cut on my lists is Sad Song.

It's going on the next one for sure though, more people need to hear that song. It's easily one of their 5 best (and it's a b-side!) as far as I'm concerned.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I find I can only listen to Liam (the nasally brother) when he does more uptempo stuff and Noel when he does more stripped, acoustic or piano-based songs... but not the other way around.

:yes:

Examples:

What's The Story Morning Glory :drool:

Don't Look Back In Anger :drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:
The one Oasis song that always misses the cut on my lists is Sad Song.

It's going on the next one for sure though, more people need to hear that song. It's easily one of their 5 best (and it's a b-side!) as far as I'm concerned.

The majority of Oasis's best songs are B-sides...

Yep.

If half of Be Here Now was replaced with their kick ass B-sides it wouldn't have been such a disaster.

at least in the US. :shrug:

I think the MVPs of this contest are:

"Gimme Shelter"
"Keep the Car Running"
"World Where You Live"
and "Hey You"

corianderstem said:
I'm so glad I ended up using a different Stones song for my mix!

:lol:

It's a great song :angry:

My next playlist will consist entirely of Gimme Shelter remixes. The overarching theme will be "although we seek shelter, there really is no shelter." :drool:

Hey, I ain't arguing that - it's my favorite Stones song! Brown Sugar just fit better.

And by eliminating Muse from my early-stages tracklisting, I avoided the double-whammy of overplay in this competition. :wink:

I forgot about "Map of the Problematique" :crazy:

"Brown Sugar" is the shit, I used it in my first list.

I'm surprised I didn't have any R.E.M. or Muse in my list this time around, or even a formal U2 track (it's One with the backing orchestra from the Pavarotti and Friends album.)

Oh wellz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom