Desert Island 3 Master List - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2007, 01:46 PM   #61
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc

Really, we should emphasize that the # of songs you like should only count for something if you actualy listen to the entire playlist.

We're trying to eliminate the "Look at playlist, count # of songs I know, vote for the one with the highest" method we encoutered last time.
Exactly. I think people should judge by the whole experience if you listen to the playlists. Think about what playlists invoke something in you or effect you in some way. Certain ones will stand out.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:49 PM   #62
The Male

Local Time: 12:04 PM
I think flow and texture should be emphasized is time because, quite frankly, the playlists kind of run together if you just look at them. Many of the artists and even the songs are similar this time, so you'll have to hear them to really make the right decision.

Now.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:04 PM   #63
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
I think flow and texture should be emphasized is time because, quite frankly, the playlists kind of run together if you just look at them. Many of the artists and even the songs are similar this time, so you'll have to hear them to really make the right decision.
I've found that almost every one of the playlists has a unique feel to them. A couple songs were used a multiple times but they were often used differently. So I'd agree that people should really try to listen to a couple of the playlists. Using yours for example, the overall feeling of the listen is the strength of your list but that isn't visible by simply looking at which tracks you have. The experience is so important for so many of these playlists.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:07 PM   #64
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:04 PM
Indeed.

a good song is good no matter how many time it's used or how well-known or not-so-known it is, too.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:20 PM   #65
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:04 PM
All that said, I still don't have a program to use to play these lists properly.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:20 PM   #66
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by angelordevil
I'd like to know if Khan's pic is really her bed...looks so tidy! Ginormous headphones
yes it is. i just pushed all the crap out of view
Old 08-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #67
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
All that said, I still don't have a program to use to play these lists properly.
Why are you against iTunes?
Old 08-01-2007, 02:29 PM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

Why are you against iTunes?
I've been through this before. I refuse to upload a shit load of new artists and albums from these playlists into my iTunes catalogue, as it's organized very particularly by artists and full albums.

I'd like to so something like Axver suggested with opening the playlists in Winamp. Only, I can't use Winamp on a Mac.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:32 PM   #69
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

i just bit the bullet and used itunes. in itunes, i have a folder for this competition and each competitor has their own playlist with their songs in order. it took me an extra 30 seconds to organise the songs

that is, except for those who didn't tag their tracks at all and left me having to look shit up
Old 08-01-2007, 02:37 PM   #70
Blue Crack Addict

I tagged my playlist so that if you upload it into iTunes, it will be all together, in order. This way you don't have to go through and create the playlist yourself - it's already set up for you.

And after you've listened, if there are songs you didn't previously have that you wish to keep, all one has to do is change the album name back to the original.

I think that's the easiest way. Screwtape's list was also in order already when I imported into iTunes. All I did there was create album names to find them easy on my iPod (using A Little Chopin and Nightflight), but it was nice and simple.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #71
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I've been through this before. I refuse to upload a shit load of new artists and albums from these playlists into my iTunes catalogue, as it's organized very particularly by artists and full albums.

I'd like to so something like Axver suggested with opening the playlists in Winamp. Only, I can't use Winamp on a Mac.
Oh, okay, forgot about that.

I upload them into iTunes, it gets a little tedious but if I intend to keep them later, it makes things easier.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #72
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:04 PM

Let the games begin!
Old 08-01-2007, 10:02 PM   #73
Blue Crack Distributor

I'd like to throw my two cents into the ring that while yes, it's better than You Send It or Rapid Share due to their various constraints, I'm not thrilled with Media Fire.

I had one or two problems downloading with the first batch, and now already it stopped downloading one file halfway through, and now I get a "page cannot be displayed" error message when I try and do it again.

It's irritating.

But I'm sure there will be random problems with any file sharing service, so what are you gonna do?
Old 08-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #74
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
I'd like to throw my two cents into the ring that while yes, it's better than You Send It or Rapid Share due to their various constraints, I'm not thrilled with Media Fire.

I had one or two problems downloading with the first batch, and now already it stopped downloading one file halfway through, and now I get a "page cannot be displayed" error message when I try and do it again.

It's irritating.

But I'm sure there will be random problems with any file sharing service, so what are you gonna do?
I can't believe there are so many Mediafire problems considering that I haven't had a single one and I'm the one who has dealt the most with it.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:25 PM   #75
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, and it just happened again with Lance's second disc.