Desert Island 3 Master List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lila64 said:
I don't know if it's my computer or not, again.
Just tried downloading Lancemc's first file, and I can't extract the songs. This is getting very frustrating. Trying to do Part 3 of Axver's now, since I got the first two parts earlier in the day...

:huh:

I wonder if there's maybe something wrong with your zip program? Hopefully you'll get it figured out.

Just want everyone to know that "Pixes" isn't some new group...it should be the "Pixies." I had a very lonnng day. :crack:

I can't believe I listed Poor Places as Poor Place.

I'm the worst Wilco fan evar.

Furthermore, I still think Mike had the best cover art.

Lancemc said:
Now all I need is someone to tell me which media player to use (OSX) that will just play this lists as is without having to import them into itunes or anything like that.

!!!

...and by that I don't mean the dance rock band also known as Chk Chk Chk, I mean that as an extreme exclaimation.

angelordevil said:

I wonder if there's maybe something wrong with your zip program? Hopefully you'll get it figured out.

And how do I figure out if I do have a zip program problem? I haven't had problems downloading zip files before using Media Fire :scratch: I have another computer, but I just can't be downloading 18 playlists over there and have a media player open & playing while I have a zillion other work files open during the day. I have this one playing while I work :shrug:

told you Lance's first link failed for me. Trying to d/l phanan's now

Lancemc said:
Now all I need is someone to tell me which media player to use (OSX) that will just play this lists as is without having to import them into itunes or anything like that.

I play everything in WinAmp, as all the tracklists import in order there.

No idea if there's an OSX version, though. I do love having two computers, one Windows and one Mac. :wink:

Yeah, I don't believe there's a WinAmp version for Mac as of yet.

And I take back what I said about the links working. LMP's section 2 phails.

inmyplace13 said:
I can't believe I listed Poor Places as Poor Place.

I'm the worst Wilco fan evar.

Furthermore, I still think Mike had the best cover art.

Nah, minor glitches abound, it seems. Hopefully they'll be edited for the match-ups :wink:

I love Axver's choice of Dreamline, by Rush...I was actually going to add Bravado to my list initially. I'm still not sure why I didn't...just kind of disappeared in the editing. Great album, however. :up:

Mike may have the best cover art. Meanwhile, there is mine...

aodyi5.jpg

Lila...I use WinRAR, as well. Maybe you can try that? :shrug: I also find WinAmp is great if people have files in different formats.

I'm sorry AOD, as amazing as that is, you can't beat a giant penis coming out of R2-D2's dome.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm sorry AOD, as amazing as that is, you can't beat a giant penis coming out of R2-D2's dome.

You do have a point...:hmm:

I'd like to know if Khan's pic is really her bed...looks so tidy! Ginormous headphones :drool:

Those programs are on my computer, and as I've said, I've downloaded zipped files for the last 3 years no problem. Not until this competition and Media Fire :shrug:

angelordevil said:

You do have a point...:hmm:

I'd like to know if Khan's pic is really her bed...looks so tidy! Ginormous headphones :drool:

Did somebody just say...

wrath_of_khan.gif

^ That would make an incredible bedroom mural. :drool:

Lila64 said:
Those programs are on my computer, and as I've said, I've downloaded zipped files for the last 3 years no problem. Not until this competition and Media Fire :shrug:

I have no clue what would cause that...jeez. What if you deleted the old programs you have, and get the latest versions...maybe something is corrupted?

You do not know Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan?:shocked:

Unbelieveable..........

I can't wait til the rounds kick off my playlist has been months in the planning...the tension just continues to build up.

Screwtape - I have just realised I will be on retreat with school for the next two days, and I definitely want to compete in the mini-album desert island thing. I'll be leaving early in the morning, could you put my name down on the entrance list please? Thank you. :)

:hyper: My links are apparently the only ones that still work.

(I'm telling ya'll, it's a SABOTAGE!!!)

Those are some good-looking playlists!

So how do you folks judge these? By number of songs you like? By flow?

I'm so shuffle oriented these days that I'm used to songs just randomly coming up. I'm not used to listening to things in order! <grin>

LemonMelon said:

Really, we should emphasize that the # of songs you like should only count for something if you actualy listen to the entire playlist.

We're trying to eliminate the "Look at playlist, count # of songs I know, vote for the one with the highest" method we encoutered last time.

Lancemc said:

Really, we should emphasize that the # of songs you like should only count for something if you actualy listen to the entire playlist.

We're trying to eliminate the "Look at playlist, count # of songs I know, vote for the one with the highest" method we encoutered last time.

Cool. I create playlists for these in Rhapsody, but sometimes they don't have some of the songs.

I'll leave my e-mail here for Screwtape2 to send playlists -- I'm not sure exactly how that works? Thanks.

elevation99 at gmail

I really enjoy hearing the playlists -- it's fun to be exposed to cool, new music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom