Desert Island 2.5: Prog Island Album Game Rules and Sign-up Thread - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2007, 09:18 PM   #271
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:43 PM
I'm not sure if Liam's even doing uploads, though I have most of his tracks and could put them up if he'd like.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-05-2007, 09:39 PM   #272
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I'm not sure if Liam's even doing uploads, though I have most of his tracks and could put them up if he'd like.
When the master list goes up we could ask the other participants if they have any of the songs that you don't. Then we could upload them and send them out when he round comes.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:06 PM   #273
Vocal parasite

Sounds good.

How long a gap do we want between posting the master list and the first round? I think it has traditionally been a week. I'm wavering between shortening the gap in order to speed things up, and leaving it as is so that people have a chance to listen to the stuff.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-05-2007, 10:10 PM   #274
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Sounds good.

How long a gap do we want between posting the master list and the first round? I think it has traditionally been a week. I'm wavering between shortening the gap in order to speed things up, and leaving it as is so that people have a chance to listen to the stuff.
You could start the first round on Sunday since the first round is 48 hours. I think that would give people enough time to listen to the playlists.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:13 PM   #275
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

You could start the first round on Sunday since the first round is 48 hours. I think that would give people enough time to listen to the playlists.
I take it you mean Sunday your time, which would be Monday my time - exactly when I was planning to get things under way!

I'm about to start work on the master list now. Hope it doesn't take too long! Formatting can be a pain.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-05-2007, 10:17 PM   #276
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I take it you mean Sunday your time, which would be Monday my time - exactly when I was planning to get things under way!
Yeah. These time differences are doing irreversible damage to my brain.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:49 PM   #277
Vocal parasite

Oi, Liam or anyone else who can help, what the hell are you on about here? I can't post the master list until I get some clarification on this.

3) Pink Floyd - "Meddle" (23:35)

Is this meant to be Echoes from Meddle?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-05-2007, 11:56 PM   #278
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Oi, Liam or anyone else who can help, what the hell are you on about here? I can't post the master list until I get some clarification on this.

3) Pink Floyd - "Meddle" (23:35)

Is this meant to be Echoes from Meddle?
Yeah, I think it is meant to be Echoes.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:02 AM   #279
Vocal parasite

Well, it's going in as Echoes. If Liam needs to change it later, that can be done.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-06-2007, 12:05 AM   #280
Vocal parasite

Oh, and Screwtape, shall I include our album covers in the actual post, or just links so that people can view them? I'm worried about taking up too much space.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-06-2007, 12:09 AM   #281
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Oh, and Screwtape, shall I include our album covers in the actual post, or just links so that people can view them? I'm worried about taking up too much space.
Put them in the actual post. I wouldn't worry about taking up space. They aren't that big.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #282
Vocal parasite

I don't suppose you could give me a permanent link to your cover? I have two copies from different e-mails and the links are different.

And what album is this track from:

5. The Alan Parsons Project- “(The System Of) Doctor Tarr And Professor Fether” (4:20)

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-06-2007, 12:20 AM   #283
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I don't suppose you could give me a permanent link to your cover? I have two copies from different e-mails and the links are different.

And what album is this track from:

5. The Alan Parsons Project- “(The System Of) Doctor Tarr And Professor Fether” (4:20)
^Tales Of Mystery & Imagination

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2...kforestbh7.png
Old 06-06-2007, 12:21 AM   #284
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:43 PM
Axver - I mentioned earlier that you can go ahead and remove anything from my list that isn't working for you. There's plenty of that old hippie crap already on my set list, so you can take whatever liberties you'd like with the extra stuff
Old 06-06-2007, 12:21 AM   #285
Vocal parasite

Cheers Screwtape!

I'm nearly done, hooray!

Quote:
Originally posted by hardyharhar
Axver - I mentioned earlier that you can go ahead and remove anything from my list that isn't working for you. There's plenty of that old hippie crap already on my set list, so you can take whatever liberties you'd like with the extra stuff
I've finalised the tracklist now and the songs I cut were the Roxy Music one with the crowd noise, as it was just impossible to integrate, and the Ethos one as the two ELP songs just worked better within the flow.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
desert island