Desert Island 2.5: Prog Island Album Game Rules and Sign-up Thread - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2007, 12:04 AM   #256
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

Getting back to this, I like 24 hours as well, but I'm thinking it's not enough time if someone genuinely wants to listen to the playlists before they vote. A person would have to listen to 8 hours of music within a 24 hour time frame.

Perhaps the first time through, it should be 48 hours, giving people time to listen. Then, all subsequent polls should go to 24 hours.
I'm not exactly sure what Axver was planning but I was thinking we could do something like this:

Round One (48 hours)
Axver vs. Gibsongirl
Liamcool vs. Supertracklist
Screwtape vs. Phanan
HardyHarHar vs. notAxver

Round Two (24 hours)
Axver vs. Liamcool
Gibsongirl vs. Supertracklist
Screwtape vs. HardyHarHar
Phanan vs. notAxver

Round Three (24 hours)
Axver vs. Supertracklist
Gibsongirl vs. Liamcool
Screwtape vs. notAxver
Phanan vs. HardyHarHar

Semifinals (48 hours)
Third Place Game? (24 or 48 hours)
Final (48 hours)

Old 06-05-2007, 02:57 AM   #257
Blue Crack Addict

Location: deep in absolutely bullshit historical theory/trauma theory
Local Time: 03:54 AM
Hey, Axver, was the version of Out Of The Blue the live version? If so I fucked up, but keep it anyway.

My tracklisting will be in by the end of the next hour, sorry for holding you up but work is raping me.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:45 AM   #258
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

I'm not exactly sure what Axver was planning but I was thinking we could do something like this:

Round One (48 hours)
Axver vs. Gibsongirl
Liamcool vs. Supertracklist
Screwtape vs. Phanan
HardyHarHar vs. notAxver

Round Two (24 hours)
Axver vs. Liamcool
Gibsongirl vs. Supertracklist
Screwtape vs. HardyHarHar
Phanan vs. notAxver

Round Three (24 hours)
Axver vs. Supertracklist
Gibsongirl vs. Liamcool
Screwtape vs. notAxver
Phanan vs. HardyHarHar

Semifinals (48 hours)
Third Place Game? (24 or 48 hours)
Final (48 hours)
48 hours for Round One looks good, and then moving to 24 hours. I don't think it needs to move back to 48 hours for the semifinals and finals, though. I think once you get through Round One, all subsequent rounds can be 24 hours.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:08 AM   #259
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:54 AM
Liam: Got your tracklist. Regarding Out Of The Blue, I accidentally put the live one on the Supertracklist, woops. Just corrected it to the studio one, which will hopefully fit better.

hardyharhar: Although it means we'll have three ELP tracks, I may just go with the two you included as they're nice and short and I think they fit better than Ethos's Spirit Of Music. Though, of course, this is subject to change as I'm not done yet.

To whoever put Earth & Fire's Circus in their bonus pack: blah! That song has by far been the hardest to place, hardyharhar's live Roxy Music track excluded. I'm still not happy with where I put it and I'm hoping something will come to me soon as I'd like to start the tournament tomorrow or the next day.

Screwtape: Regarding your proposed format, are you envisaging four polls running at once? I was thinking I'd run each round separately, with 48 hours for each person's first poll and then 24 hours afterwards, excluding the final which would revert to 48.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-05-2007, 08:17 AM   #260
Blue Crack Addict

I'm fairly sure he meant that the rounds would be separate. He was just outlining the order.

48 hours for the final would work.

I'm listening to hardyharhar's set now. Lots of stuff that I haven't heard before!
Old 06-05-2007, 11:01 AM   #261
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
I'm fairly sure he meant that the rounds would be separate. He was just outlining the order.

48 hours for the final would work.
Exactly.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:10 AM   #262
Vocal parasite

Looks like we had roughly the same idea then.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-05-2007, 11:33 AM   #263
Blue Crack Addict

If you've finished the track order for the Supertracklist maybe you could go ahead and post the master list. Let's not keep the people waiting.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:37 AM   #264
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
If you've finished the track order for the Supertracklist maybe you could go ahead and post the master list. Let's not keep the people waiting.
Check your e-mails - I just sent you a draft. I'm still not that happy with it though, so I'd appreciate your input. It's really hard to make a cohesive tracklist in a very short space of time when you know all the material, and this is even harder because half the stuff is foreign, and what isn't foreign really covers the whole spectrum!

That said, it's nearly 2am here, so I'm off to bed. Maybe tomorrow will be the day for the master list.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-05-2007, 11:57 AM   #265
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

That said, it's nearly 2am here, so I'm off to bed. Maybe tomorrow will be the day for the master list.
Okay.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:05 PM   #266
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:54 AM
You can go ahead and do whatever with my tracks. If something doesn't seem to fit well, just skip it. Or replace it with something else of your choosing. I'll have no problem with whatever you decide

I'm having fun just listening to all this stuff
Old 06-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #267
Blue Crack Addict

Hopefully we'll get the second email soon with Axver and liamcool's lists (along with mine).

hardyharhar, I'm at work listening to yours. I'm up to track 27 out of 36. While some of the songs are out there even for me, I have really enjoyed others. For example, I never heard England before, but now I'll have to check out that album of theirs.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:29 PM   #268
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:54 AM
I'm glad you heard something new you like. That's been my favorite part of this so far.

I knew my list could get difficult, but just couldn't take the easy way out. I'm glad your sticking with it though
Old 06-05-2007, 02:35 PM   #269
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Hopefully we'll get the second email soon with Axver and liamcool's lists (along with mine).
Not all of the links are ready but I'll send out the others that we have now. The rest of the links will go out after the master list goes up.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:00 PM   #270
Blue Crack Addict

Nice. Can't wait to hear everything.

Tags
desert island