Desert Island 2.5: Prog Island Album Game Rules and Sign-up Thread - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #241
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:37 PM
Axver, I could send you one other track to replace the short ELP tracks I threw in. I had about 4 minutes open and they were already uploaded, yada yada........ I have something else that is 3 seconds longer also uploaded. I'd prefer to throw that in the superlist to avoid the repetition.

I had a feeling the combined list would be good. Variety is always nice.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:52 PM   #242
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Hey, Screwtape, have you sent me your material for the bonus 30 minutes? Because I can't seem to find it. Oh, and please, no Emerson, Lake, and Palmer! I already have three tracks by them in the Supertracklist. Might also be a good idea to avoid Roxy Music and Porcupine Tree too, as they both appear twice.

I'm trying to make the list now and we're falling short of the time limit. If I can get 30 minutes from Screwtape, we should be OK though.
It's in an e-mail called Desert Island Links alongside the links for my main tracklist.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #243
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by hardyharhar
Axver, I could send you one other track to replace the short ELP tracks I threw in. I had about 4 minutes open and they were already uploaded, yada yada........ I have something else that is 3 seconds longer also uploaded. I'd prefer to throw that in the superlist to avoid the repetition.

You should go ahead and do that, hardyharhar.

It should be interesting to see which artists get represented the most.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:17 PM   #244
Blue Crack Distributor

I PM'd hardyharhar's song to Axver and emailed it to you thru interference.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:07 PM   #245
ONE
love, blood, life

Finished Screwtapes set Got to hear some things I haven't in a while, couple of things in the upcoming Waters show I didn't know the titles of and some new bands I can now keep an eye out for possible tours (Porcupine Tree, Pure Reason...). Exactly what I was hoping for, because truth be told, radio today sucks and there are few outlets to hear something slightly different.

Having a slightly tougher time with GG's list though, going back and forth from the itunes mpeg trax to windows media mp3's. My computer doesn't seem to be enjoying that part very much
Old 06-03-2007, 04:11 PM   #246
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Oops, that was my post. Not my daughter
Old 06-03-2007, 08:19 PM   #247
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by hardyharhar

Thanks for doing that!

I don't suppose I could ask something else of you, though? I'm having an extremely hard time fitting Roxy Music's If There Is Something into the tracklist simply due to the audience noise at the start and the finish, and if I remember correctly, that was one of your tracks. I can't get it to be cohesive. We have another Roxy Music track, Out Of The Blue, and it does fit because its crowd noise fades in and out.

Do you have anything else you'd be willing to offer instead? If it's 8:46 or shorter, that would make my life even easier.

However, if you don't have anything or would really like that song to be included, that's cool. I like it; it's just that damn crowd noise means it's the track giving me the most trouble right now. I could work around it though.

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
It's in an e-mail called Desert Island Links alongside the links for my main tracklist.
Oh, I feel daft. I'd even downloaded that, but to a different folder, and when I went searching Gmail last night, I was only looking for "prog island".

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-03-2007, 08:34 PM   #248
Blue Crack Addict

So do you know how close Liamcool is to being done, Axver?
Old 06-03-2007, 08:43 PM   #249
Vocal parasite

Quote:
So do you know how close Liamcool is to being done, Axver?
No, but when I spoke to him last night, it seemed like he'd get something in on time. He's already given me tracks for the Supertracklist.

Compiling this Supertracklist is proving to be harder than I expected. I have some really good, cohesive sections, and some songs that just don't really want to slot into anywhere yet. I've still got a fair bit of tinkering to go.

It will be interesting to see if people can tell who contributed what. I feel like there's one section that has my name and Liam's stamped all over it.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-03-2007, 09:26 PM   #250
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Compiling this Supertracklist is proving to be harder than I expected. I have some really good, cohesive sections, and some songs that just don't really want to slot into anywhere yet. I've still got a fair bit of tinkering to go.

It will be interesting to see if people can tell who contributed what. I feel like there's one section that has my name and Liam's stamped all over it.
I think some of tracklists for this have had perfect flow, so I'm not sure that all of them should be broken up. Mine for example flows very well. Maybe you could keep two or three of the entries intact so that they weigh down the tracklist instead of having the tracklist go everywhere as I suspect it might. Just a thought.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:43 PM   #251
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I think some of tracklists for this have had perfect flow, so I'm not sure that all of them should be broken up. Mine for example flows very well. Maybe you could keep two or three of the entries intact so that they weigh down the tracklist instead of having the tracklist go everywhere as I suspect it might. Just a thought.
I'm trying a few combinations, so some contribs may remain intact. It really depends on what manages to flow best.

That said, I'm afraid I may have to split yours up, just because I really need Careful With That Axe to follow another song.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-03-2007, 09:59 PM   #252
Blue Crack Distributor

PM to Axver
Old 06-04-2007, 12:20 AM   #253
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I'll bet that Aphrodite's Child song I put on there is giving you fits. It's really unlike anything else.

Although I think I placed it halfway decently amongst the songs I sent.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:00 AM   #254
Blue Crack Distributor

BTM, I sent that song to Axver. I don't know if I was required to send it to Screwtape too. You guys can work that out
Old 06-04-2007, 03:50 PM   #255
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I was thinking doing just 24 hours too. That'd work well.
Getting back to this, I like 24 hours as well, but I'm thinking it's not enough time if someone genuinely wants to listen to the playlists before they vote. A person would have to listen to 8 hours of music within a 24 hour time frame.

Perhaps the first time through, it should be 48 hours, giving people time to listen. Then, all subsequent polls should go to 24 hours.

Tags
desert island