Desert Island 2.5: Prog Island Album Game Rules and Sign-up Thread - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2007, 01:53 AM   #181
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:06 PM
I just managed to fit Ogre Battle into my tracklist.

299 796 km/s by In The Woods... will now find itself relegated to my contribution for the Supertracklist. Now I just need to tinker with my tracklist more. I'm up to 32 tracks now.

Quote:
Originally posted by hardyharhar
My list is almost exclusively old school because that's what I grew up with and I'm not familiar enough with newer stuff to include them. But I agree with Axver about metal, you can easily include the black metal bands like Emperor, Cradle of Filth, etc.... They have more in common with prog than they would like to admit, as do the more melodic groups like Nightwish.
I would have included some bands who play sub-genres of metal if, well, anyone would listen to them. But I don't expect anybody here would listen to, say, Antestor's Rites Of Death (black metal) or anything by drone doom outfit jesu. I think someone like Jan Axel Blomberg, aka Hellhammer, is a great example of how prog and metal cross over - the guy has an incredible drum style that serves well both avantgarde/prog bands like Age Of Silence and black metal insanity of the calibre of Mayhem.

Though, for the record, I am including an Opeth song, Closure from the neo-prog Damnation album that lacks even the foggiest hint at death metal, except perhaps through some of its underlying dark and brooding atmosphere.

Quote:
Should we send Axver our list for the 30 minute supergroup so he can check for repeats, then send off the mp3's? I don't think I would have more than 3 tracks.
I doubt there will be repeats as I imagine we will all be trying to showcase stuff that's pretty obscure, so just go ahead and send the MP3s.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-26-2007, 08:16 AM   #182
Blue Crack Addict

Location: deep in absolutely bullshit historical theory/trauma theory
Local Time: 03:06 PM
Okay, I'm going to write my list in a unique way: starting with the last track and ending with the first one. I bet Axver can guess the last track.

Old 05-26-2007, 12:42 PM   #183
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by liamcool
Okay, I'm going to write my list in a unique way: starting with the last track and ending with the first one. I bet Axver can guess the last track.
I love all the unique ideas people are coming up with especially this one.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:04 PM   #184
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:06 PM
Has anyone submitted anything yet? I still have to get hardyharhar to put his list in some sort of order so I can try & upload it. You suggested s e n d s p a c e, right?

He has to add up his time too
Old 05-26-2007, 03:20 PM   #185
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
Has anyone submitted anything yet? I still have to get hardyharhar to put his list in some sort of order so I can try & upload it. You suggested s e n d s p a c e, right?

He has to add up his time too
Yeah, I've submitted mine. works well. You'll have to split the playlist into two parts because the playlist as a single file will exceed the maximum allowed. Hopefully, we can get two or three more entries by Monday that we can send out a before the deadline.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:21 PM   #186
Vocal parasite

Hey, with send space, don't links expire in just a week if no-one downloads? That could be a problem.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-26-2007, 06:38 PM   #187
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:06 PM
So you are saying that I should be able to zip and upload two 2 hour files, and possibly use s e n d s p a c e? And obviously if hardyharhar picks out his 30 minute one, I could get that going already, I suppose. What a fun-filled weekend for me
Old 05-26-2007, 08:02 PM   #188
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:06 AM
Why don't we use mediafire.com? I've never had any complaints with it, and I don't think the links ever expire. I found a file I uploaded back in March and the download link still works.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:32 PM   #189
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
Why don't we use mediafire.com? I've never had any complaints with it, and I don't think the links ever expire. I found a file I uploaded back in March and the download link still works.
Unfortunately, the max on a file is 100 MB so we'd have to break the playlist into 3 or 4 parts plus the 30 minute SuperGroup part. If need be, I could make sure the links stay active on Send space.com
Old 05-26-2007, 11:02 PM   #190
Vocal parasite

I say that people should just use the filesharing site of their preference.

And bah, why did I decide to restructure my album? I want to just finish this thing and upload it already!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-26-2007, 11:18 PM   #191
Blue Crack Addict

With about a week left maybe someone should PM Canadiens to make sure we'll be getting an entry from him. I'd hate to see us end up one short at the last minute.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:30 PM   #192
Vocal parasite

If we are one short, notAxver will come through for us with a tracklist of epic proportions, I'm sure.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-26-2007, 11:44 PM   #193
Blue Crack Addict

You know notAxver could really use an avatar. How about this?

Old 05-27-2007, 12:11 AM   #194
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
You know notAxver could really use an avatar. How about this?

(I'm not sure even notAxver could stomach that one.)

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-27-2007, 12:27 AM   #195
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

(I'm not sure even notAxver could stomach that one.)
There is an old proverb:

The enemy of Glenn McGrath is my friend.

Tags
desert island